Debate Now Is it reasonable to think Trump suffers from mental illness? NPD, dementia, something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing wrong with Trump is he has an inflated ego which tells him he can pretty much do anything he wants.

Still, I can understand that. He seems to be right.

The only thing wrong with Trump is he has an inflated ego which tells him he can pretty much do anything he wants.

Once again, describing Hillary & Obama. :)

Once again, describing Hillary & Obama. :)

my impression of HILLARY is that SHE, most of all, harbors
an amazingly inflated view of her POWER TO DO ANYTHING
SHE WANTS. Obama was tentative

Months ago, before Donald Trump became United States president, I made my signature stating that he does have a narcissistic personality disorder and I gave the link to the Diagnostic Statistical Manual 5th Edition so that anyone can look-up the criteria which meet the diagnosis.

Thread Debate Topic/Assertions:
In this thread, posters present arguments for one of the two following positions:
  • Donald Trump appears to have NPD, dementia or another mental disorder/shortcoming (If not dementia or NPD, identify the disorder/shortcoming.).
  • Donald Trump does not appear to have NPD, dementia or any other mental shortcoming.
Thread Discussion/Posting Rules:
As this is the SDF, it goes without saying that Zone 2 Rules are in effect, so if you cannot follow those rules and the following ones, don't post.
  1. You must either expound upon the argument presented in the OP or you must present a fully developed argument (nor a claim that's not supported with an argument) of your own (or expound upon someone else's fully developed argument) to refute the following assertion:
    • Donald Trump does not appear to have NPD, dementia or any other mental shortcoming.
  2. Arguments made for the OP's assertion or for the counter assertion noted above must be presented only with regard to the nature and extent to which they apply to Donald Trump and the extent to which his behaviors and comments do or do not indicate there is a reasonable chance he has NPD. The behaviors and words of other individuals vis a vis whether they exhibit signs of NPD are not eligible for introduction in this thread. This thread is not about how anyone else behaves or whether anyone else seems to suffer from NPD. Those people are not the current President of the United States.
  3. You may not make brief unsubstantiated assertions. You must credible references that literally and contextually support your claims. That means if someone checks your references, they must be found to have taken things out of context, where appropriate have documented methodologies and you can only cite specific quotes Trump made and/or expert opinion. You cannot cite editorial opinion offered by non-mental health professionals.

As you might glean, this thread is not for people who just want to toss out their or another's partisan and half-baked opinion and be done. It is a thread for people who have a point of view and who've done the research to back it up with solid evidence -- inductive or deductive. It's a thread for people who have something of substance to say and are willing to take the time to present strong cases for them. You don't necessarily have to agree with the central assertion you choose to defend. You just need to put together a strong essay in support of it. You are free to make brief and/or clarifying comments in support of the counter-argument after you've presented your well developed argumentative essay.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I will argue for the following:
  • Donald Trump appears to have NPD, dementia or another mental disorder/shortcoming (If not dementia or NPD, identify the disorder/shortcoming.).

Introduction
Donald Trump says and does all sorts of things that are highly irrational. The man denies or continues(-ed) to question things that were handily shown to be so so. He's attested to things that are clearly shown not to be so. I'm not talking about minor errors or missteps that anyone might make once, be corrected and not make again. I'm not going to give him grief over things like that. I'm talking about things that only people who are losing their cognitive faculties or who have a mental disorder do.

Let me be clear also. This isn't about whether he's smart or not. Having Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), which is a mental/personality disorder, and being intelligent or not aren't the same things. One can be quite bright and still have NPD.

What is NPD and why is it a problem for a president to have it?
But what is a personality disorder, NPD specifically? It's not being what a layman might call "straight-jacket" crazy, not able to function or what we'd call incompetent. It, NPD in particular, is a pattern of deviant or abnormal behavior that the person doesn’t change, even though it causes emotional upsets and trouble with other people at work and in personal relationships. It is not limited to episodes of mental illness, and it is not caused by drug or alcohol use, head injury, or illness. There are about a dozen different behavior patterns classified as personality disorders by DSM. All the personality disorders show up as deviations from normal in one or more of the following:
  • Cognition (i.e. perception, thinking, and interpretation of oneself, other people, and events);
  • Affectivity (i.e. emotional responses);
  • Interpersonal functions; and
  • Impulsivity.
People with NPD won’t (or can’t) change their behavior even when it causes problems at work, when other people complain about the way they act, or when their behavior causes a lot of emotional distress to others (or themselves). Narcissists never admit to being distressed by their own behavior -- they always blame other people for any problems.

Narcissists are a danger to others because they are in complete denial of reality and they lack empathy. One of the key presenting traits of narcissists is their utter incapability to empathize, which can manifest itself in a variety of ways:
  • Ignoring requests to cease behavior (such as cheating and lying).
  • Name calling, criticizing, belittling, mean “jokes”, jabs and put downs (verbal abuse).
  • Arguments surrounding the same issues over and over.
  • Turning around a partner’s concerns to blame him/her and block the conversation.
  • No closure - no apologies, no accountability, no consequences, no change.
  • Narcissists are capable of inflicting physical and psychological harm on others and are unmoved by the plight of those they hurt.
To get more details about how and why NPD can result in leaders not governing well (I'm not talking about just enacting policies you or I don't like), here are some additional references:

The Case for Trump Having Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)

First of all, several experts -- psychiatrists and psychologists -- have attested to their conviction that Trump exhibits the signs of NPD. They haven't personally examined him, so they can't completely conclude on their attestation. That said, that they have in in such great numbers made the claim and stipulated that Trump be examined formally is telling. Here's their statement:

We are writing to express our grave concern regarding the mental stability of our President-Elect. Professional standards do not permit us to venture a diagnosis for a public figure whom we have not evaluated personally. Nevertheless, his widely reported symptoms of mental instability — including grandiosity, impulsivity, hypersensitivity to slights or criticism, and an apparent inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality — lead us to question his fitness for the immense responsibilities of the office. We strongly recommend that, in preparation for assuming these responsibilities, he receive a full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation by an impartial team of investigators.
The statement was made by:
  • Judith Herman, M.D.
    Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
  • Nanette Gartrell, M.D.
    Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco (1988-2011)
    Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School (1983-87)
  • Dee Mosbacher, M.D., Ph.D.
    Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Community Health Systems, University of California, San Francisco (2005-2013)
What's interesting is that they've gone against the guidance of the APA that dissuades mental health professionals from publicly sharing their opinions absent actually conducting an examination. Professionals don't generally risk their professional credentials -- credentials that allow them to earn a decent salary -- just to make a political point. They still have to work, and they can't without remaining credentialed, unless they think they can become the next Dr. Phil.

That's a strange restriction, yet ironically and hypocritically, given all their haranguing about free speech and whatnot, it's one Trump supporters adopt.

You wouldn't expect cardiologists to keep mum about symptoms, causes and/or manifestations of broken bones, heart disease or cancer, would you? Attorneys, accountants, economists, engineers, scientists, and scores of other professionals offer limited opinions about matters pertinent to their disciplines. Even plumbers and auto mechanics and and will make educated predictions about what might be the cause of behaviors your car or toilet exhibits. The statements coming from mental health professionals are no different. They are experts on mental health remarking upon what they see.

The doctors noted above aren't the only mental health professionals, to say nothing of their all being highly regarded ones -- we're not talking armchair psychologists -- who've expressed concerned.

May 2016

31-Jan-2017

27-Jan-2017 -- Temperament Tantrum: Some say President Donald Trump's personality isn't just flawed, it's dangerous.
John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who taught psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable.

Gartner acknowledges that he has not personally examined Trump, but says it's obvious from Trump's behavior that he meets the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, which include anti-social behavior, sadism, aggressiveness, paranoia and grandiosity. Trump's personality disorder (which includes hypomania) is also displayed through a lack of impulse control and empathy, and "a feeling that people ... don't recognize their greatness.

"We've seen enough public behavior by Donald Trump now that we can make this diagnosis indisputably," says Gartner. His comments run afoul of the so-called Goldwater Rule, the informal term for part of the ethics code of the American Psychiatric Association saying it is wrong to provide a professional opinion of a public figure without examining that person and gaining consent to discuss the evaluation. But Gartner says the Trump case warrants breaking that ethical code.

A Quinnipiac University poll earlier this month, for example, showed that Trump's popularity had dropped, unusually, during the transition, with the president losing ground on matters such as his perceived intelligence, honesty and leadership. In November, 57 percent said Trump is not "level-headed;" the poll by the Connecticut school in January had the not-level-headed number at 62 percent. Further, by a two-to-one margin, Americans said Trump needs to close his Twitter account, which has served as the president's primary way of rallying his base.

"It worked to his advantage but when people are saying they're fed up with it, maybe it's starting to be a minus," says Tim Malloy, assistant director of the poll.

Some of the hypomanic characteristics Gartner says Trump also possesses are also, paradoxically, the very qualities that "made America great," the psychotherapist says. The creativity, confidence and out-of-the-box thinking, is what has driven the nation's most successful entrepreneurs, says Gartner, who has also authored the book "The Hypomanic Edge: The Link Between (A Little) Craziness and (A Lot of) Success in America."

NPD is manifest by consistently displaying any five of eight behaviors. Those behaviors are presented below as first "bullet level" items, and examples of those behaviors are shown at lower levels.

That Trump exhibits the signs of NPD is quite clear. What's important is what to do about it, both now and with regard to Trump as well as going forward and regarding future Presidents. The first thing that needs to be done to put the matter to bed to have Trump undergo a legitimate evaluation by independent examiners. Maybe he doesn't have NPD, but it sure looks like it. If it turns out he does have NPD, the what is the country to do about it? Do we just ignore it? Do we implore Congress to apply the 25th Amendment? If the man's ill, the country needs to do something besides just let him run the nation with his disorder running at full tilt.

Looking at this matter going forward, I think it's clear we need an amendment or general law that requires Presidents-Elect or candidates and sitting Presidents to undergo annual mental evaluations, just as they get annual physicals, and have the results be disclosed to the public. Voters have a right to know the president is in good physical and mental health. (Looking at photos of Trump's lardass, it's not even certain the man is in good physical health.)

Now that is a novel post. Lol. Of course not, he's just an asshole.

Months ago, before Donald Trump became United States president, I made my signature stating that he does have a narcissistic personality disorder and I gave the link to the Diagnostic Statistical Manual 5th Edition so that anyone can look-up the criteria which meet the diagnosis.

And Al Gore invented the internet.
Obama thinks he was Hope.
Hillary thinks she's qualified.
Schumer thinks he's better then a snake.
Pelosi thinks she is relevant.
Cummings thinks he's not racist.
Perez thinks he can hide his cocaine addiction.
And the liberal media think they are a news station.

Thread Debate Topic/Assertions:
In this thread, posters present arguments for one of the two following positions:
Thread Discussion/Posting Rules:
As this is the SDF, it goes without saying that Zone 2 Rules are in effect, so if you cannot follow those rules and the following ones, don't post.
  1. You must either expound upon the argument presented in the OP or you must present a fully developed argument (nor a claim that's not supported with an argument) of your own (or expound upon someone else's fully developed argument) to refute the following assertion:
  2. Arguments made for the OP's assertion or for the counter assertion noted above must be presented only with regard to the nature and extent to which they apply to Donald Trump and the extent to which his behaviors and comments do or do not indicate there is a reasonable chance he has NPD. The behaviors and words of other individuals vis a vis whether they exhibit signs of NPD are not eligible for introduction in this thread. This thread is not about how anyone else behaves or whether anyone else seems to suffer from NPD. Those people are not the current President of the United States.
  3. You may not make brief unsubstantiated assertions. You must credible references that literally and contextually support your claims. That means if someone checks your references, they must be found to have taken things out of context, where appropriate have documented methodologies and you can only cite specific quotes Trump made and/or expert opinion. You cannot cite editorial opinion offered by non-mental health professionals.

As you might glean, this thread is not for people who just want to toss out their or another's partisan and half-baked opinion and be done. It is a thread for people who have a point of view and who've done the research to back it up with solid evidence -- inductive or deductive. It's a thread for people who have something of substance to say and are willing to take the time to present strong cases for them. You don't necessarily have to agree with the central assertion you choose to defend. You just need to put together a strong essay in support of it. You are free to make brief and/or clarifying comments in support of the counter-argument after you've presented your well developed argumentative essay.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I will argue for the following:

Introduction
Donald Trump says and does all sorts of things that are highly irrational. The man denies or continues(-ed) to question things that were handily shown to be so so. He's attested to things that are clearly shown not to be so. I'm not talking about minor errors or missteps that anyone might make once, be corrected and not make again. I'm not going to give him grief over things like that. I'm talking about things that only people who are losing their cognitive faculties or who have a mental disorder do.

Let me be clear also. This isn't about whether he's smart or not. Having Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), which is a mental/personality disorder, and being intelligent or not aren't the same things. One can be quite bright and still have NPD.

What is NPD and why is it a problem for a president to have it?
But what is a personality disorder, NPD specifically? It's not being what a layman might call "straight-jacket" crazy, not able to function or what we'd call incompetent. It, NPD in particular, is a pattern of deviant or abnormal behavior that the person doesn’t change, even though it causes emotional upsets and trouble with other people at work and in personal relationships. It is not limited to episodes of mental illness, and it is not caused by drug or alcohol use, head injury, or illness. There are about a dozen different behavior patterns classified as personality disorders by DSM. All the personality disorders show up as deviations from normal in one or more of the following:
  • Cognition (i.e. perception, thinking, and interpretation of oneself, other people, and events);
  • Affectivity (i.e. emotional responses);
  • Interpersonal functions; and
  • Impulsivity.
People with NPD won’t (or can’t) change their behavior even when it causes problems at work, when other people complain about the way they act, or when their behavior causes a lot of emotional distress to others (or themselves). Narcissists never admit to being distressed by their own behavior -- they always blame other people for any problems.

Narcissists are a danger to others because they are in complete denial of reality and they lack empathy. One of the key presenting traits of narcissists is their utter incapability to empathize, which can manifest itself in a variety of ways:
  • Ignoring requests to cease behavior (such as cheating and lying).
  • Name calling, criticizing, belittling, mean “jokes”, jabs and put downs (verbal abuse).
  • Arguments surrounding the same issues over and over.
  • Turning around a partner’s concerns to blame him/her and block the conversation.
  • No closure - no apologies, no accountability, no consequences, no change.
  • Narcissists are capable of inflicting physical and psychological harm on others and are unmoved by the plight of those they hurt.
To get more details about how and why NPD can result in leaders not governing well (I'm not talking about just enacting policies you or I don't like), here are some additional references:

The Case for Trump Having Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)

First of all, several experts -- psychiatrists and psychologists -- have attested to their conviction that Trump exhibits the signs of NPD. They haven't personally examined him, so they can't completely conclude on their attestation. That said, that they have in in such great numbers made the claim and stipulated that Trump be examined formally is telling. Here's their statement:

We are writing to express our grave concern regarding the mental stability of our President-Elect. Professional standards do not permit us to venture a diagnosis for a public figure whom we have not evaluated personally. Nevertheless, his widely reported symptoms of mental instability — including grandiosity, impulsivity, hypersensitivity to slights or criticism, and an apparent inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality — lead us to question his fitness for the immense responsibilities of the office. We strongly recommend that, in preparation for assuming these responsibilities, he receive a full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation by an impartial team of investigators.
The statement was made by:
  • Judith Herman, M.D.
    Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
  • Nanette Gartrell, M.D.
    Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco (1988-2011)
    Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School (1983-87)
  • Dee Mosbacher, M.D., Ph.D.
    Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Community Health Systems, University of California, San Francisco (2005-2013)
What's interesting is that they've gone against the guidance of the APA that dissuades mental health professionals from publicly sharing their opinions absent actually conducting an examination. Professionals don't generally risk their professional credentials -- credentials that allow them to earn a decent salary -- just to make a political point. They still have to work, and they can't without remaining credentialed, unless they think they can become the next Dr. Phil.

That's a strange restriction, yet ironically and hypocritically, given all their haranguing about free speech and whatnot, it's one Trump supporters adopt.

You wouldn't expect cardiologists to keep mum about symptoms, causes and/or manifestations of broken bones, heart disease or cancer, would you? Attorneys, accountants, economists, engineers, scientists, and scores of other professionals offer limited opinions about matters pertinent to their disciplines. Even plumbers and auto mechanics and and will make educated predictions about what might be the cause of behaviors your car or toilet exhibits. The statements coming from mental health professionals are no different. They are experts on mental health remarking upon what they see.

The doctors noted above aren't the only mental health professionals, to say nothing of their all being highly regarded ones -- we're not talking armchair psychologists -- who've expressed concerned.

May 2016

31-Jan-2017

27-Jan-2017 -- Temperament Tantrum: Some say President Donald Trump's personality isn't just flawed, it's dangerous.
John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who taught psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable.

Gartner acknowledges that he has not personally examined Trump, but says it's obvious from Trump's behavior that he meets the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, which include anti-social behavior, sadism, aggressiveness, paranoia and grandiosity. Trump's personality disorder (which includes hypomania) is also displayed through a lack of impulse control and empathy, and "a feeling that people ... don't recognize their greatness.

"We've seen enough public behavior by Donald Trump now that we can make this diagnosis indisputably," says Gartner. His comments run afoul of the so-called Goldwater Rule, the informal term for part of the ethics code of the American Psychiatric Association saying it is wrong to provide a professional opinion of a public figure without examining that person and gaining consent to discuss the evaluation. But Gartner says the Trump case warrants breaking that ethical code.

A Quinnipiac University poll earlier this month, for example, showed that Trump's popularity had dropped, unusually, during the transition, with the president losing ground on matters such as his perceived intelligence, honesty and leadership. In November, 57 percent said Trump is not "level-headed;" the poll by the Connecticut school in January had the not-level-headed number at 62 percent. Further, by a two-to-one margin, Americans said Trump needs to close his Twitter account, which has served as the president's primary way of rallying his base.

"It worked to his advantage but when people are saying they're fed up with it, maybe it's starting to be a minus," says Tim Malloy, assistant director of the poll.

Some of the hypomanic characteristics Gartner says Trump also possesses are also, paradoxically, the very qualities that "made America great," the psychotherapist says. The creativity, confidence and out-of-the-box thinking, is what has driven the nation's most successful entrepreneurs, says Gartner, who has also authored the book "The Hypomanic Edge: The Link Between (A Little) Craziness and (A Lot of) Success in America."

NPD is manifest by consistently displaying any five of eight behaviors. Those behaviors are presented below as first "bullet level" items, and examples of those behaviors are shown at lower levels.

That Trump exhibits the signs of NPD is quite clear. What's important is what to do about it, both now and with regard to Trump as well as going forward and regarding future Presidents. The first thing that needs to be done to put the matter to bed to have Trump undergo a legitimate evaluation by independent examiners. Maybe he doesn't have NPD, but it sure looks like it. If it turns out he does have NPD, the what is the country to do about it? Do we just ignore it? Do we implore Congress to apply the 25th Amendment? If the man's ill, the country needs to do something besides just let him run the nation with his disorder running at full tilt.

Looking at this matter going forward, I think it's clear we need an amendment or general law that requires Presidents-Elect or candidates and sitting Presidents to undergo annual mental evaluations, just as they get annual physicals, and have the results be disclosed to the public. Voters have a right to know the president is in good physical and mental health. (Looking at photos of Trump's lardass, it's not even certain the man is in good physical health.)

Now that is a novel post. Lol. Of course not, he's just an asshole.

Of course not, he's just an asshole.

Perhaps that is all there is to his behavior. I cannot deny the apparent verity of your assertion.

Is it reasonable to think Trump suffers from mental illness? NPD, dementia, something else?
Yeah, he's a New Yorker.......... Need I say more? :dunno:

Is it reasonable to think Trump suffers from mental illness? NPD, dementia, something else?

You just brought up something important.
The NewYork-Philly-Jersey personalities are
from hostile environments where personalities are exaggerated and having a spine (fighting back) is a way of survival
and sense of humor ribbing or even classic insult comedy Don Rickles style.
You either get it by being around it or you act like a wrestling crowd who just saw
ANDY Kaufman insult your favorite wrestler and it rubs you the wrong way.
Insult is however coming the other way, so conflicts with personality is not something people should be concerned with, especially when it shapes people into the perfect specimen for the work that they do. Like needing a leader not bending over to special interest lining campaign pockets or foreign governments taking advantage of us in deals, like former administrations.

The crucification of Trump on everything he does is indicative of the wimperization of America.
We voted for him to say what's on his mind and the Liberals, who demand freedom of speech for everything anti-American, freak out with every phrase that emerges from Trump's mouth.
Who really gives a fuck about the politically correct assholes who refused to move to Red States and vote Hillary into office.
A bunch of sore losers.
I'm actually waiting for a major city to be burnt to the ground.

You just brought up something important.
The NewYork-Philly-Jersey personalities are
from hostile environments where personalities are exaggerated and having a spine (fighting back) is a way of survival
and sense of humor ribbing or even classic insult comedy Don Rickles style.
You either get it by being around it or you act like a wrestling crowd who just saw
ANDY Kaufman insult your favorite wrestler and it rubs you the wrong way.
Insult is however coming the other way, so conflicts with personality is not something people should be concerned with, especially when it shapes people into the perfect specimen for the work that they do. Like needing a leader not bending over to special interest lining campaign pockets or foreign governments taking advantage of us in deals, like former administrations.
That and the off hand joking insult (ala Don Rickles) was implied..............

Yah eh is definitely a recipient of the signature statement, "OH YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE" many times I am sure, as to your OP line of thought Sigmund Freud would follow all of you lines of thought, and tell you that "Your obsession with Trumps Psyc Profile is directly related to your long hidden wish to screw your mother!!!

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump suffers from a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (Coded: 301.81*):
"Beginning by early adult life, grandiosity (fantasized or actual), lack of empathy and need for admiration are present in a variety of situations and shown by at least five of these:
  • A grandiose sense of self-importance (patient exaggerates own abilities and accomplishments)
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of beauty, brilliance, ideal love, power, or limitless success
  • Belief that personal uniqueness renders the patient fit only for association with (or undersanding by) people or institutions of rarefied status
  • Need for excessive admiration
  • A sense of entitlement (patient unreasonably expects favorable treatment or autommatic granting of his wishes
  • Exploitation of others to achieve personal goals
  • Lack of Empathy (patient does not recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
  • Frequent envy of others or belief others envy the patient
  • Arrogance or haughtiness in attitude or behavior"
Now, this is not the only Personality Disorder which fits what we see daily in the President's behavior and mannerism. For example, the Histrionic Personality Disorder (coded: 301.508*).

"beginning by early adult life, emotional excess and attention-seeking behaviors are present in a variety of situations and shown by at least five of these:
  • Discomfort with situations in which the patient is not the center of attention
  • Relationships which are frequently fraught with inappropriately seductive or sexually provocative behavior
  • Expression of emotions that is shallow and rapidly shifting
  • Frequent focusing of attention on self through use of physical appearance
  • Speech that is vague and lacks detail
  • Overly dramatic expression of emotion
  • Easy suggestibility (patient is easily influenced by opinions of other people or by circumstances)
  • Belief that relationships are molre intimate than they really are."
Note: Some may think I made these up because they fit nicely into what we have seen and experienced since getting to "know" Trump from a distance. In fact the two mental illnesses (*) are copied from DSM-IV Made Easy (The Clinicians's Guide to Diagnosis) written in 1994.

For those curious it gives a quick intro into the five Axis Diagnosis and the principles used by the clinician in determining a diagnosis. Thus, the two Personality Disorders need to be ruled out by a medical professional.

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump suffers from a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (Coded: 301.81*):
"Beginning by early adult life, grandiosity (fantasized or actual), lack of empathy and need for admiration are present in a variety of situations and shown by at least five of these:
  • A grandiose sense of self-importance (patient exaggerates own abilities and accomplishments)
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of beauty, brilliance, ideal love, power, or limitless success
  • Belief that personal uniqueness renders the patient fit only for association with (or undersanding by) people or institutions of rarefied status
  • A sense of entitlement (patient unreasonably expects favorable treatment or autommatic granting of his wishes
  • Lack of Empathy (patient does not recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
Now, this is not the only Personality Disorder which fits what we see daily in the President's behavior and mannerism. For example, the Histrionic Personality Disorder (coded: 301.508*).

"beginning by early adult life, emotional excess and attention-seeking behaviors are present in a variety of situations and shown by at least five of these:
  • Discomfort with situations in which the patient is not the center of attention
  • Relationships which are frequently fraught with inappropriately seductive or sexually provocative behavior
  • Easy suggestibility (patient is easily influenced by opinions of other people or by circumstances)
  • Belief that relationships are molre intimate than they really are."
Note: Some may think I made these up because they fit nicely into what we have seen and experienced since getting to "know" Trump from a distance. In fact the two mental illnesses (*) are copied from DSM-IV Made Easy (The Clinicians's Guide to Diagnosis) written in 1994.

For those curious it gives a quick intro into the five Axis Diagnosis and the principles used by the clinician in determining a diagnosis. Thus, the two Personality Disorders need to be ruled out by a medical professional.

You described Clinton, Schumer, Pelosi, so when ya gonna describe someone other then 4 out of the 6 billion people who aren't slackers?
Now describe the personality trait that says someone who claims mocking disabilities is wrong should turn around and do just that, bash, demonize and mock someone they claim is disabled? BUSTED!

• Belief that relationships are mlre intimate than they really are."

You described Clinton, Schumer, Pelosi, so when ya gonna describe someone other then 4 out of the 6 billion people who aren't slackers?
Now describe the personality trait that says someone who claims mocking disabilities is wrong should turn around and do just that, bash, demonize and mock someone they claim is disabled? BUSTED!

XXXX -- Mod Edit -- Not CDZ compliant. Buy the book, and put you biases aside as you read through the book; it is not esoteric, but not so general it can't pinpoint people you know and wondered about]

You'll notice, if you read and comprehend my comment in the final paragraph, that Trump's behavior and what history we have on his background are discernible in at least five of the bullet points in both illnesses. If his background has been accurately described, and not "fake news", odds are your Messiah is one very sick puppy, and unfit to be POTUS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back