Is it possible to simplify bills in congress so it's easier to gain bipartisan support and action on specific issues?

We live in a ridiculously large almost ungovernable country full of competing interests and political vendettas. Our laws reflect that.
Then we need to loosen the glue that holds the union together if it's really that impossible for us to work together.

I agree.

But how do we do that.....??? The supreme court ruled money, is free speech! :( :(

I have read that congress critters spend 50% of their time, dialing for dollars, trying to get money or positioning for their next election. And only those congressmen that can get the most donations, are eligible for leadership positions.... So to be in leadership you need to be a campaign donation guru..... Sheesh almighty!!! It's just awful!!!
This. Representatives are elected every two years (That means realistically, they have about 6-8 months to get familiar with doing things (their job) before they have to start thinking about campaigning again. That doesn't leave much time to become familiar with the actual contents of what your constituents are looking for in bills.

Last edited:
So one fix would be to require that bills cannot be laden with pork and other agendas. A bill would have to be pure and specific.
LOLOL...................You libturds fill these bills with so much fucking horseshit

What bill was passed that allotted money so African males can learn how to wash their dicks

You people cannot govern. Yer just angry people whose life has passed you by

We are seeing the very definition if insanity here. People keep voting for the same 2 parties that have fucked everything up because they think the very same 2 parties can unfuck it
This should not be blamed on the electorate entirely. I think it's the government's fault and intention that there's only two parties. They work hard to keep it that way.

It seems to me that riders on bills cause issues too often. The devil is always in the details. I understand that sometimes a bill requires many pieces to move, and that it can't always be some small and simple text, but so often it goes way beyond just fleshing out one idea. They constantly try to be sneaky and tack other bullshit on, and both sides are really bad about this. Why does some random piece of legislation that could potentially get bipartisan support have to have some controversial shit about abortion in it? If it's not abortion it'll be some other wedge issue.

Why?

If I wanted a bill to pass I wouldn't include stuff like that. I would focus it as much as possible in an attempt to make it more reasonable and palatable. Are our politicians fucking idiots or is there some kind of conspiracy going on here? It's hard to tell sometimes.
they have too many DUMBASS bills as it is ...bills too help the clouds/chipmunks/etc --all kinds of WORTHLESS crap and WASTEFUL crap
AND they need bills to CUT spending--not INCREASE it
....just instituting the POLICIES of new bills cost the US $$$$$$$$

Exactly.

We are seeing the very definition if insanity here. People keep voting for the same 2 parties that have fucked everything up because they think the very same 2 parties can unfuck it

Thus the reason they work so hard to divide us. As long as we think the other side is "evil", we will vote for them. This is being done by design. You can see it in this very thread, those that defend their tribe as Mac called it and attack the other side.

Trace it back and you can find this effort to divide us started in 1993 after Ross Perot scared the shit out of the duopoly

they have too many DUMBASS bills as it is ...bills too help the clouds/chipmunks/etc --all kinds of WORTHLESS crap and WASTEFUL crap
AND they need bills to CUT spending--not INCREASE it
....just instituting the POLICIES of new bills cost the US $$$$$$$$
I think if they couldn't hide all of these bullshit riders they would never even come forth as their own bills. Some of the stuff in those bills is fucking ridiculous and only gets passed because either most people don't even understand what the bill says, or the bill is deemed too important overall to hold up over those details.

Last edited:
Thus the reason they work so hard to divide us. As long as we think the other side is "evil", we will vote for them. This is being done by design. You can see it in this very thread, those that defend their tribe as Mac called it and attack the other side.

Trace it back and you can find this effort to divide us started in 1993 after Ross Perot scared the shit out of the duopoly
And the populace doesn't try to change it either

LOLOLOL..................Every shithole in this country has been 100% run by libturds for 50 fucking yrs

Get the dried shiy outta yer eyes and look the fuck around.But you only gollow that fat fuck Humpty Dumpty on CNN
What's the matter? Was this thread too much like an actual discussion for you?

And the populace doesn't try to change it either

A few of us do, but for the most part the populous is too busy fighting each other. A divided populous is easy to control.

Trying to change it now is like trying to stop the people from drinking the kool-aid at Jonestown

LOLOL...................You libturds fill these bills with so much fucking horseshit

What bill was passed that allotted money so African males can learn how to wash their dicks

You people cannot govern. Yer just angry people whose life has passed you by

Open your eyes!

It isn't just liberals silly one! Conservatives are just as bad, (or worse!) :D

I think if they couldn't hide all of these bullshit riders they would never even come forth as their own bills. Some of the stuff in those bills is fucking ridiculous and only gets passed because most people don't even understand what the bill says.
..I remember one bill that wanted to CONDEMN countries that do not practice freedom of religion = STUPID/WASTEFUL/WORTHLESS--totally WORTHLESS
..and then a DUMBASS wanted legislation to give Tiger Woods the CGold Medal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUMBASSES--wasting our tax $$$ on that shit----

A few of us do, but for the most part the populous is too busy fighting each other. A divided populous is easy to control.

Trying to change it now is like trying to stop the people from drinking the kool-aid at Jonestown
most EVERYONE should be for the government spending LESS
....the military contractors don't like that .....and any government WASTEFUL programs

There's that but making it lawyer proof is the way they get what they are after. It's like a contract. Ambiguity or unintentional loopholes makes it vulnerable to lawsuits.
So, we simplify it by doing away with so called comprehensive legislation, and vote on specific things. Another thing that would help is a line item veto.

What should we do?

Make the best of it, because until you can get the true believers in their side to see the truth, there is no changing it.

Not to single him out, but just to use the most recent example, what is the chance that someone like Sloopy ever sees the problems as two sided and not just the result of one party?

Forum List

Back