Is it possible to simplify bills in congress so it's easier to gain bipartisan support and action on specific issues?

Look at it like this: Every one of those congressmen have local interests to protect and promote. They might not read the whole bill but they go over the parts that apply to their state with a microscope and negotiate changes to better suit their constituents. Making everyone happy can bulk up a bill. That's just how it is.
So one fix would be to require that bills cannot be laden with pork and other agendas. A bill would have to be pure and specific.

In the present governing system, there is nothing that can be done to solve this issue. To make each provision a standalone bill would be an administrative nightmare. Then you'd have to allocate the money for each expense which would make creating a budget another nightmare. Then we come down to what is a priority? Fundamental differences in party ideology, makeup of constituency, and personal beliefs make this an impossible ask in the present environment.

How does it get fixed? The short answer is, it doesn't. This is what we got (for the moment) and we're stuck with it.
When it's broke, you're stuck with having to fix it.

I know, it's all the other tribes' fault. Got it.
They just add to much to the Bills and to get them passed. I am not a seer. I know why you typed tribes. I believe that we are in a direction that is not good. And there are possibly multiple not good outcomes. One of them is "tribes".

No policy success stories?! Trump and his Republican Congress reduced the corporate tax to a globally competitive level and eliminated onerous business regulations resulting in a strong economy, a 50-year low in unemployment (record low for blacks), and a rise in real low-income wages for the first tIme in many years. We were energy independent. We started no wars. We had the southern border under control from the illegal swarm. We had a vaccine developed within 9 months, thanks to OWS, even though Fauci said it could take five years.

What have Biden and his swamp creatures done over the last 9 months, other than reverse all of Trump’s good policies, and cause a massive inflation, supply shortage, and masses of illegals swarming law enforcement? Biden even retired the money flow to HAMAS, which Trump had cut off!
I posted the comment to point out the other side hasn't been any great shakes at governing either. And the US hasn't been energy independent for a long time. :)
Now, back to the discussion.

I suppose it would depend on the issue at hand. Few modern problems lend themselves to simple solutions. The biggest problem is finding ways to make laws that do not bind the rich to same kinds of responsibilities and penalties as regular people.
or politicians.

I just can't bring myself to loath the rich like so many on the left do. But I DEFINITELY loath politicians (who usually fit the description "rich")

I posted the comment to point out the other side hasn't been any great shakes at governing either. And the US hasn't been energy independent for a long time. :)
Now, back to the discussion.
No, you said the Republicans haven’t had any successes, either, and I pointed out how that wasn’t true. I couldn’t let something untrue like that go unchallenged.

Look at it like this: Every one of those congressmen have local interests to protect and promote. They might not read the whole bill but they go over the parts that apply to their state with a microscope and negotiate changes to better suit their constituents. Making everyone happy can bulk up a bill. That's just how it is.
That's just a procedural issue. Everyone gets equal time, but the total time allotted is limiting.

There has to be a better way. I don't accept being defeated by this.
We live in a ridiculously large almost ungovernable country full of competing interests and political vendettas. Our laws reflect that.

Oh, you mean like conservitards can rule any better?....cause they can't. Conservatism has absolutely no policy success stories in the last FOUR decades. Yet the believers still push the same failed economic and social policy beliefs year after year, hoping against hope that this time, their policies will work because "we're in charge now"....The last guy in the White House had a Republican majority for two years and couldn't get anything done besides a sweetheart tax deal that wasn't his idea in the first place. Memba repeal Obamacare?...how'd that work out? Sorry, but you're throwing stones in a glass house. Republicans have proved over and over they cannot govern their way out of a wet paper bag.
You people simply can't run your own lives, look outside and see how libturds can destroy a country in less time it takes to squirt a bastard out..............The evidence can be seen if you get the dries shit outta yer eyes

Glad I woke ya up though...lolololol

There's the problem. "Two sides." Constantly, distractingly, appearing at odds for their own funding purposes rather than working together in the people's interest. The only way to fix this grift is for us to finally get serious and remove money from the process.
I agree.

But how do we do that.....??? The supreme court ruled money, is free speech, in the Citizens United case!!!! :( :(

I have read that congress critters spend 50% of their time, dialing for dollars, trying to get money or positioning for their next election. And only those congressmen that can get the most donations, are eligible for leadership positions.... So to be in leadership you need to be a campaign donation guru..... Sheesh almighty!!! It's just awful!!!

Last edited:
So one fix would be to require that bills cannot be laden with pork and other agendas. A bill would have to be pure and specific.
Again, you're looking at an administrative nightmare in both paperwork and budgeting. Would you rather look at one bill spanning 700 pages or 700, one page bills?
And one politicians pork may be another politicians basic survival needs. Therein lies the rub. The differences in ideology and priorities.

As long as the voting patterns do not change, neither will Congress.
Exactly.

We are seeing the very definition if insanity here. People keep voting for the same 2 parties that have fucked everything up because they think the very same 2 parties can unfuck it

We live in a ridiculously large almost ungovernable country full of competing interests and political vendettas. Our laws reflect that.
LOLOLOL..................Every shithole in this country has been 100% run by libturds for 50 fucking yrs

Get the dried shiy outta yer eyes and look the fuck around.But you only gollow that fat fuck Humpty Dumpty on CNN

New Topics

Forum List

Back