Is it possible that God changed Lucifer and angels in order to test mankind?

I live a highly moral life and I do not ridicule people for their faith. That is going to have to be enough.
It is for me. I can appreciate it. It is good that you have a notion that you should strive to be good. I believe we are hardwired for it. That striving to be good in all things and utilizing our talents is what makes us the most happy. I can't think of a better gift to give God in exchange for the gift He gave us.

occupied Aren't you an atheist?
I am a former believer who cannot forgive God for the evil in the world. If I should ever stand before him in judgement he's going to have to explain the purpose of my mother's horrible cruel lingering death.
Don't be surprised if God - who is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite intelligence, infinite wisdom, infinite knowledge, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite justice, infinite mercy, infinite kindness and infinite goodness - has an answer to that.
I understand your impulse to lead me to salvation but that ship has sailed. I live a highly moral life and I do not ridicule people for their faith. That is going to have to be enough.
You are mistaken. What you choose to do is between you and God. I'm not affected either way. There is no impulse on my part. I think it is silly to believe there is no God because God isn't magical enough for you. A balanced view would see a more complete picture; the good and the bad and weigh them accordingly.
It's not so much that I think there is no God. It's an unanswerable and therefore meaningless question. I'm just done with faith.

Matthew is a difficult book. Matthew 7:8 means that God gives us things that are good for us. He doesn't give us anything we want because then it would be like a parent giving anything a child wants. We, as parents, want to give our children what is good for them.

I trust God that he gives us what's good and even though we complain if we don't get what we want.

This one I just heard today at service.

"Jesus Calms a Storm

Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!" Matthew 8:23-27

Is it possible that, in the end, God will destroy evil but will also transform Lucier and his angels back to loyal servants?

Lucifer and other angels rebelling against God seem inconsistent with the following verse.

I'm reminded of the Disney movie "Beauty and the Beast". In the end, the beast is "destroyed" and is transformed back into a handsome prince.

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
Lucifer and other angels rebelling against God seem inconsistent with the following verse.
the verse is inconstant with true life experiences and reality - and without doubt a bad translation.

Is it possible that, in the end, God will destroy evil but will also transform Lucier and his angels back to loyal servants?
that is what made them what they are but can not be done for anyone but themselves, triumph over evil - the spirit can not be transformed but by its own volition. only destroyed from the outside, so be it.

I'm reminded of the Disney movie "Beauty and the Beast". In the end, the beast is "destroyed" and is transformed back into a handsome prince.

Matthew 7:18

The fallen angel Lucifer can't do anything God wouldn't allow him. Look at the book of Job: Satan is a liar and a murderer. There's nothing he'd like more than to kill every living being.

And yet, God allowed Satan to test Job, but God doesn't allow him to kill Job.

I used to believe at one time that the reason Satan revolted against heaven and took one-third of the angels with him, was because God lost control over him. That is not true, so obviously God had to allow that.

As for redemption of Satan and the one-third of those angels who followed him in the war against heaven, no. Absolutely not. Revelations 20:10 states that he will be thrown “into the lake of burning sulfur… [He] will be tormented day and night forever and ever

Remember, angels are merely "messengers." They're not as loved by God as His own creation, which would be mankind. He created us in His own image, not the angels.
It also says when JC is the ruler, after 1000 years Satan will be released...for a little while.
Politics where they're from is complicated.

I am a former believer who cannot forgive God for the evil in the world. If I should ever stand before him in judgement he's going to have to explain the purpose of my mother's horrible cruel lingering death.
Don't be surprised if God - who is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite intelligence, infinite wisdom, infinite knowledge, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite justice, infinite mercy, infinite kindness and infinite goodness - has an answer to that.
I understand your impulse to lead me to salvation but that ship has sailed. I live a highly moral life and I do not ridicule people for their faith. That is going to have to be enough.
You are mistaken. What you choose to do is between you and God. I'm not affected either way. There is no impulse on my part. I think it is silly to believe there is no God because God isn't magical enough for you. A balanced view would see a more complete picture; the good and the bad and weigh them accordingly.
It's not so much that I think there is no God. It's an unanswerable and therefore meaningless question. I'm just done with faith.
Faith is having complete trust in something or someone. I don't believe you are done with faith.

Thanks for your response, JGalt. However, if what you say is accurate, then it would seem that Matthew 7:18 is inaccurate. That's why I posited the possibility that Lucifer and "his" angels didn't turn to evil on their own account but, rather, were changed by God in order to help his creation to really experience evil in order to learn.

Some teach that satan is the adversary and is controlled by God.

Nonsense! It's readily self-evident that God exists per the imperatives of logic.

Nonsense! It's readily self-evident that God exists per the imperatives of logic.
Nonsense. Nothing in a framework of logic supports magic and supernaturalism.

Forum List

Back