Is It Over?

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
The Pandemic. Seems NY deaths are going down (the place where the Plague hit hard) at a steeper rate than predicted. We now have Hydrochloroquine and Z-Pak that initial non-FDA data seems to show promise for actually curing patients. Testing is ramping up. So, is it really over for all intents and purposes? OR are we just kidding ourselves and Armageddon is on the horizon?

The Pandemic. Seems NY deaths are going down (the place where the Plague hit hard) at a steeper rate than predicted. We now have Hydrochloroquine and Z-Pak that initial non-FDA data seems to show promise for actually curing patients. Testing is ramping up. So, is it really over for all intents and purposes? OR are we just kidding ourselves and Armageddon is on the horizon?
I think that we have overreacted.
But, maybe the next time this happens we will be better prepared.

Bell curve. Once you hit the top you're only half-way.

Unless we know who is infected and who is not there is not enough data to make a reliable bell curve or statistical analysis. Many could be infected but not showing symptoms at this time. Remember, statistics tells us only about the data we collected (reliable or not) and what has happened in the past. Example: Suppose you create a bell curve and KNOW everyone who does not have it and include them, is that bell going to be the same with the limited data we have now? I bet you would see no curve at all.

"Are we there yet?!?" Are we there yet!??!?? How about now?!? Are we there?!??"

mememe_5fd0f0a5e38237b6f0c349893b7e1984-1.jpg

Sheesh!! Just sit down and relax bub. Follow the instructions from our medical professionals.

Last edited:
It's long from over. Could have second outbreak later on. What if the virus mutates into a form that attacks those that were exposed during this outbreak but we're asymptomatic?

It SEEMS like the greatest threat has passed. I'm not the best to judge the overall situation across the country because I'm lucky that I live in a small, safe town, made up predominantly of conservatives. I've heard of ZERO cases of the Chinese Virus here, and I don't personally know anyone that has it. My sister was actually able to find some TOILET PAPER at our local Target today, so things appear to be getting better in that respect. Luckily, we're well stocked in all of the essentials for at least another several weeks.

It SEEMS like the greatest threat has passed. I'm not the best to judge the overall situation across the country because I'm lucky that I live in a small, safe town, made up predominantly of conservatives. I've heard of ZERO cases of the Chinese Virus here, and I don't personally know anyone that has it. My sister was actually able to find some TOILET PAPER at our local Target today, so things appear to be getting better in that respect. Luckily, we're well stocked in all of the essentials for at least another several weeks.
Why are conservative townspeople hoarding all that toilet paper? Have they shatted and soiled upon themselves that badly over Coronavirus?!??

Unless we know who is infected and who is not there is not enough data to make a reliable bell curve or statistical analysis. Many could be infected but not showing symptoms at this time. Remember, statistics tells us only about the data we collected (reliable or not) and what has happened in the past.
Negative. The purpose of statistics is to use data to form a projection of the future.

Last edited:
It's long from over. Could have second outbreak later on. What if the virus mutates into a form that attacks those that were exposed during this outbreak but we're asymptomatic?
Viruses always mutate, that is why we always have a different flu shot cocktail. The human immune system is the BEST anti-viral 'shot' you can have. Keep it as healthy as you can.

Unless we know who is infected and who is not there is not enough data to make a reliable bell curve or statistical analysis. Many could be infected but not showing symptoms at this time. Remember, statistics tells us only about the data we collected (reliable or not) and what has happened in the past.
Negative. The purpose of statistics is to use data to form a projection. of the future.
Yes, but with past data. Thanks for making my point. The problem here is we are missing a huge portion of past data so trends cannot be calculated reliably. Apparently you read only part of my post.

Why are conservative townspeople hoarding all that toilet paper? Have they shatted and soiled upon themselves that badly over Coronavirus?!??
nope it because we wipe our asses after taking a shit ...... news flash after you take a shit wipe your ass you filthy hippie !

Conservatives? Uh no......It's women. Most women are liberal. Go to the store sometime. They're the ones wearing masks because they buy into the Libaral Armageddon MSM predictions.

Oh, little Marky Marc, a post FAIL once again. This one is a HUGE fail, in that you FAILED yet again to address the OP.

Negative. The purpose of statistics is to use data to form a projection. of the future.
Yes, but with past data. Thanks for making my point. The problem here is we are missing a huge portion of past data so trends cannot be calculated reliably. Apparently you read only part of my post.
Still wrong. A large enough ongoing sample size gives a reasonably accurate growth curve if not the actual number of cases. We can also assume the death rate is fairly accurate since it's easy to count bodies.

Forum List

Back