Is it God or Nature?

Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
If Nature, is it a "correction" in the balance of life among the human species?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
Maybe God wants to give non-human animals a break?
What say you?
Good question. IF the official reason for how these viruses start is true, then yes, I would say that this is a consequence of mankind going against God's perfect will. In other words, reaping what we sow. Eating animals was not part of God's original design, and it is not part of God's eternal plan, according to the bible. It is something that mankind does because this is a fallen world, and simply because people want to do it, despite the numerous negative consequences, both on an individual and global scale.

People like to say "Well this happened because the Chinese eat weird things and they have filthy conditions in their markets." But the truth that no one wants to talk about is that even here in the Western world, the conditions are horrible in the animal industries, filthy and disgusting, and many of the animals are sick. That is why the animals are given antibiotics, but the problem is that antibiotic resistance occurs, so sometimes infections become untreatable, and then people eat those sick animals. I know that people don't want to believe that, but keep in mind that animals are literally standing in their own feces, some have open wounds, prolapses, some have abscesses filled with pus, I could go on, but hopefully you get the point. As a vegan and a Christian I absolutely believe that God wants us to give nonhuman animals a rest. I think we're getting very near that time of "rest", but that's a different topic.

Again, all that is assuming that the official reason is actually true. As I'm sure people realize, there are different theories about how it originated, including some very controversial theories.

Another theory is that Corona came from bats!

"Zoologists and disease experts have told CNN that changes to human behavior -- the destruction of natural habitats, coupled with the huge number of fast-moving people now on Earth -- has enabled diseases that were once locked away in nature to cross into people fast....

But viruses that are extremely similar to the one that causes Covid-19 have been seen in Chinese horseshoe bats. That has led to urgent questions as to how the disease moved from bat communities -- often untouched by humans -- to spread across Earth. The answers suggest the need for a complete rethink of how we treat the planet."

See the article for more.

God is not causing this pandemic - bats might have - ultimately humans are the cause.

Soon God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth - Revelation 11:18.
Soon God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth - Revelation 11:18.
11:18 - is that, that book again, newton ...

not till the parables completion - in that case if humanity had not risen against the offenders (better late than never) it will be humanity they again and for the last time will put to sleep.

the religious have been fighting pollution beginning with the roman aqueducts - not so the desert adherents, having their slaves do the work for them.

3_Newsflash-ChristTree-01.jpg

Is it God or nature?

"The sight of a "Jesus Christ" figure on a tree trunk has led to dozens of locals breaking the coronavirus lockdown to see it just days before the Easter period.

Footage taken in the town of Magangue in Bolivar, Colombia, shows a large group gathering around the tree.

They can be seen taking photos of it as cameraman and journalist Rafael Rodriguez says: “Dozens of people are gathered here.

“They are here to see the figure of what they say or believe is the figure of Christ, they have forgotten about coronavirus and are currently here looking at this figure.”

What appears to be a figure like Jesus can be seen on the tree trunk. The branch formation even gives the impression the figure is hanging on the cross."

I saw something similar in a Better Call Saul season 5 episode, but it was Saul.

Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
If Nature, is it a "correction" in the balance of life among the human species?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
Maybe God wants to give non-human animals a break?
What say you?

So we Christians believe that G-d created a perfect world, and that human beings in rejecting G-d, have corrupted nature. In other words, all of nature is now damaged and groaning.

The Corona illness is the result of the corruption going on in nature, and is neither a direct divine judgement of G-d, nor some magical "correction of nature".

It is simply a natural disaster.

The unknowns in life for me. Complicated questions, unsatisfactory even inconvenient answers.

No human can aptly answer them for me. I will listen, I consider all arguments, but there are too many questions that the answers lead to for me to ever feel content.

All I can do is keep the faith and do my part. Help others if I can, even when I'm down and out. The struggle of trying to make sense of everything can work both ways, God or nature, depending on the issue raised.

In the end I believe God created nature, what comes from it is primarily our doing.

God uses conflict to bring about good.

When you asked me the question what is nature I had no idea you meant what is it about nature that makes me believe in God.

After studying the creation of space and time, the evolution of space and time, the physical laws of nature, the biological laws of nature and the moral laws of nature, and the interconnectedness and beauty of nature, I don’t see how anyone can conclude that there isn’t intelligence behind the material world and a purpose for the material world.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters." Genesis 1:1-2

We continue to have this conflict. Your last paragraph is explained in Genesis as a literal 7 days of creation. There is no evolution of space and time; as Earth had to happen rapidly to be the prominent place called heaven. Satan is the one who wants you to believe in evolution.

When you asked me the question what is nature I had no idea you meant what is it about nature that makes me believe in God.

After studying the creation of space and time, the evolution of space and time, the physical laws of nature, the biological laws of nature and the moral laws of nature, and the interconnectedness and beauty of nature, I don’t see how anyone can conclude that there isn’t intelligence behind the material world and a purpose for the material world.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters." Genesis 1:1-2

We continue to have this conflict. Your last paragraph is explained in Genesis as a literal 7 days of creation. There is no evolution of space and time; as Earth had to happen rapidly to be the prominent place called heaven. Satan is the one who wants you to believe in evolution.
Creation is an allegorical account. It’s not a science periodical or monogram. It’s man addressing the origin question. Everything was created by God. No material universe existed prior to that.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

Creation is an allegorical account. It’s not a science periodical or monogram. It’s man addressing the origin question. Everything was created by God. No material universe existed prior to that.
Everything was created by God. No material universe existed prior to that.
you're dumber than bond, two crucifiers arguing which drives the nail deeper ...

everything in nature is from parents there is nothing in the universe of - oneness. competing forces created the universe in the shape it presently is observed and is everchanging ... hopefully for the better the religion of antiquity, entropy is for losers - the above.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

you're dumber than bond, two crucifiers arguing which drives the nail deeper ...

everything in nature is from parents there is nothing in the universe of - oneness. competing forces created the universe in the shape it presently is observed and is everchanging ... hopefully for the better the religion of antiquity, entropy is for losers - the above.
Learn some science. The universe was created from nothing.

your the universe has always existed belief is BS. But of course you just contradicted yourself when you literally wrote the universe was created.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

your the universe has always existed belief is BS. But of course you just contradicted yourself when you literally wrote the universe was created.
- competing forces created the universe in the shape it presently is observed and is everchanging ...
that's a stretch ...

The universe was created from nothing.
sorry, your terminology "density" at the moment of singularity is certainly conclusive of something - cyclical in nature.

they are parents, the metaphysical forces responsible for the universe as perceived understanding is not necessary, being triumphant is and is the means to join them in the Everlasting.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

- competing forces created the universe in the shape it presently is observed and is everchanging ...
that's a stretch ...

sorry, your terminology "density" at the moment of singularity is certainly conclusive of something - cyclical in nature.

they are parents, the metaphysical forces responsible for the universe as perceived understanding is not necessary, being triumphant is and is the means to join them in the Everlasting.
Holy shit. How many times do I have to explain to you that the term singularity has to do with mathematics and is not some physical event?

There is nothing cyclical about the creation of the universe. It was literally created from nothing 14 billion years ago. It literally popped into existence and began to expand and cool.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

that's a stretch ...

Holy shit. How many times do I have to explain to you that the term singularity has to do with mathematics and is not some physical event?

There is nothing cyclical about the creation of the universe. It was literally created from nothing 14 billion years ago. It literally popped into existence and began to expand and cool.
singularity is the moment of transition from energy to matter in the cyclical event that initiated the present finite expansion occurring in today's observable universe ...

:iyfyus.jpg:

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

that's a stretch ...

singularity is the moment of transition from energy to matter in the cyclical event that initiated the present finite expansion occurring in today's observable universe ...

No. It isn’t. Your goofy fantasies have no basis in science.

2Physics Mathematics
A point at which a function takes an infinite value, especially in space-time when matter is infinitely dense, as at the center of a black hole.

Last edited:

No reason for it to be allegorical. You got things backwards as the allegorical are the prophecy parts. Just look at which prophecies have been fulfilled and how they were described. Furthermoe, the people in ancient times would have to believe the OT. They're not going to know about a billions of years old Earth and universe. You have made up things to fit Satan's Antibible of evolution, i.e. circular reasoning of the God's word.

No reason for it to be allegorical. You got things backwards as the allegorical are the prophecy parts. Just look at which prophecies have been fulfilled and how they were described. Furthermoe, the people in ancient times would have to believe the OT. They're not going to know about a billions of years old Earth and universe. You have made up things to fit Satan's Antibible of evolution, i.e. circular reasoning of the God's word.
I never said they knew the universe was billions of years old. They believed that God created everything. That it was done in steps over time and that man is a product of that creation. And it absolutely is an allegorical account the way it was told.

People in the past would not understand singularity either. The Bible isn't a science book. If singularity is math, then it's a part of math that doesn't exist in the physical world. For example, diving by zero is undefined.

God can exist for billions of years, but our universe and Earth can't. For one, we see it colliding with other heavenly bodies. We also see it explode and objects speed away from us never to be seen again. We don't even know what it is made of nor know why the universe is expanding so fast.

I never said they knew the universe was billions of years old. They believed that God created everything. That it was done in steps over time and that man is a product of that creation. And it absolutely is an allegorical account the way it was told.

They knew one day = 24 hours. Ancient people knew about the universe and what was out there and how to measure time using the sun, the stars, and the moon. They wouldn't know billions of years old because God created humans about a thousand years before them. Just what do you think the begots tell us?

They knew one day = 24 hours. Ancient people knew about the universe and what was out there and how to measure time using the sun, the stars, and the moon. They wouldn't know billions of years old because God created humans about a thousand years before them. Just what do you think the begots tell us?
The whole 6 day thing was allegorical. It shows that they understood creation unfolded over time.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

that's a stretch ...

2Physics Mathematics
A point at which a function takes an infinite value, especially in space-time when matter is infinitely dense, as at the center of a black hole.
the expansion of matter is at a finite angle of trajectory that eventually returns everything expelled back to its original location at the same time ... cyclical.

2Physics Mathematics
It was literally created from nothing 14 billion years ago.
finite value, infinitely -

again, yours is simply an absurd statement, density - for any field of study you believe it might apply ...

i.e. circular reasoning of the God's word.
take your own advice bond, that is spoken, the religion of antiquity not your 10000 page political document.

what you herd before reading their book is the original religion and the one subconsciously you rely on - in your spinning.

"Chapter 1
The Account of Creation

that's a stretch ...

2Physics Mathematics
the expansion of matter is at a finite angle of trajectory that eventually returns everything expelled back to its original location at the same time ... cyclical.

2Physics Mathematics
It was literally created from nothing 14 billion years ago.
finite value, infinitely -

again, yours is simply an absurd statement, density - for any field of study you believe it might apply ...
That’s gibberish.

tell me why matter expanded. You can’t. Because you don’t know. Apparently it goes against your belief that the universe will contract.

Forum List

Back