Is it God or Nature?

Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
If Nature, is it a "correction" in the balance of life among the human species?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
Maybe God wants to give non-human animals a break?
What say you?
God is nature.
God created us in his image and gave us stewardship over his creation. Overpopulation is not a problem here. The things you mention in your second paragraph are examples of our poor stewardship. Therefore we are punished.
God is nature is a pantheistic world view. How can the painter be the painting?

False comparison.

Pantheism doesn't say "G-d is nature" rather the other way around "Nature is G-d".
That's a totally different perspective, namely that G-d is confined by nature and not beyond.

A painting once drawn doesn't require the painter to exist.
Not so with creation which is entirely dependent on G-d to constantly renew, recreate it,
each moment anew into existence.

Last edited:
Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
What say you?

Can anything in nature happen without G-d?
why not?

I like how You address a question with a question.
Because not an ant can move a leg without Heavens allowance.

The One who heals gives the sickness.
hahhahaha
there is no god--no one can prove it = there's your answer--yes--stuff happens in nature without god
...you like how I answered your question? your welcome

I love it when people who can't even spell the word "you're" act as if they know it all. You have a lot to learn, son.

If God, then why?

What say you?

why not?

hahhahaha
there is no god--no one can prove it = there's your answer--yes--stuff happens in nature without god

Well, that in itself seems a blindly religious assumption.

If God, then why?

What say you?

why not?

hahhahaha

I love it when people who can't even spell the word "you're" act as if they know it all. You have a lot to learn, son.

Government schoolers.....they know there's no God, but don't know 'your' from 'you're'

If God, then why?

What say you?

why not?

hahhahaha

hHHAHAHAHAHAHA..---'''son''--hahhahahahahaha
...I've gone over this many times on USMB.........YOU have or will make a grammar mistake
1. you can't prove there is a god --plain and simple--so you bring up a simple grammar mistake = you are full of crap hahahhahahahha...you lose the argument--so you resort to childish crap
..I was busy cooking pizza --so there
2. here--in your above post--you made a grammar mistake!!!!!!!
'''.I like how You address a question with a question'''
do you see what's wrong there?????.

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.
God created us in his image and gave us stewardship over his creation. Overpopulation is not a problem here. The things you mention in your second paragraph are examples of our poor stewardship. Therefore we are punished.
Excellent point. Pantheism is completely illogical. I think it's probably a way for some people to have their cake and eat it too. They can have a form of spirituality, while avoiding the accountability that inevitably goes along with a transcendent personal Creator.
poor grammar in your post here...do you know what it is?????!!!!

If God, then why?

What say you?

why not?

hahhahaha

hHHAHAHAHAHAHA..---'''son''--hahhahahahahaha
...I've gone over this many times on USMB.........YOU have or will make a grammar mistake
1. you can't prove there is a god --plain and simple--so you bring up a simple grammar mistake = you are full of crap hahahhahahahha...you lose the argument--so you resort to childish crap
..I was busy cooking pizza --so there
2. here--in your above post--you made a grammar mistake!!!!!!!
'''.I like how You address a question with a question'''
do you see what's wrong there?????.

How about this thought -
that god which can be confined by (a proof of ) human intellect - is not worth believing.

RE: Is it God or Nature?
※→ JimBowie1958, there4eyeM, et al,

BLUF: As soon as you inject the Supreme Being or the Ultimate Creator into the discussion, you have answered the OP question.

ANSWER: "God" The three pillars behind the (faith-based) Abrahamic Religions.
That is "God" implies the deity → the "supernatural" that rules-out the "natural" (or nature and the bio-physical-chemical laws of the universe).

Personal revelation is the ultimate indicator. If you have it, there's no doubt. If you don't have it, everything else is merely hearsay.
The experience of the Holy Spirit and the inspiring view of the world from a faith perspective are very p[ersuasive.

But I think we can get to the same place by reason.

Plato and Aristotle did, why cant we?
(COMMENT)

The idea of "personal revelation" (very Platonian) requires a communication (of some sort) with a deity.

◈ God is the source of ALL goodness and is eternal.
◈ God is not a tangible of → material substance entity.

◈ God is incorruptible and needs no offering, the creator of all.

King Solomon, is believed to have an oration that in which he reaches out to the Creator. One passaged passed down through time:

Excerpt First Oration - Ars Notoria • The Notory Art of Solomon said:
O Lord my God, with your compassion,​
which is greater than all things visible and​
invisible,​
Have mercy upon me,​
...grant me the,​
The Wisdom of thy Father,​
The Light of the Angels,​
The Glory of the Saints,​
The Hope, Refuge, and Support As The​
Creator of all things, and Redeemer of all​
human Frailties,​

1586040994748.png
Faith-based beliefs and Scientific knowledge are a separate and distinct sets of principles. The reality is that they are not an "either-or" but "and-together."

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.

False comparison.

Pantheism doesn't say "G-d is nature" rather the other way around "Nature is G-d".
That's a totally different perspective, namely that G-d is confined by nature and not beyond.

A painting once drawn doesn't require the painter to exist.
Not so with creation which is entirely dependent on G-d to constantly renew, recreate it,
each moment anew into existence.
Lol, you are splitting hairs. Same difference.

If God, then why?

What say you?

Ask Hollie. :lol:

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.
Excellent point. Pantheism is completely illogical. I think it's probably a way for some people to have their cake and eat it too. They can have a form of spirituality, while avoiding the accountability that inevitably goes along with a transcendent personal Creator.
Thank you. It’s an excellent analog.

If God, then why?

What say you?
I believe it has no overarching "reason." It happens, just like earthquakes and tornadoes and Dutch Elm disease. It's the perpetual balance of creation/destruction, life/death, yin and yang. That's all.

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.
Oh, DON'T start that again.

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.

After my post to him, to get back at me he went through ALL my recent posts on different threads, to accuse me of grammatical errors. :laugh: Whatever, dude.

If God, then why?

What say you?
God is nature.

After my post to him, to get back at me he went through ALL my recent posts on different threads, to accuse me of grammatical errors. :laugh: Whatever, dude.
The problem is, he wouldn't know a grammatical error if he fell over one. I even went through step by step and explained his errors, but he insisted I was wrong. I'm an English teacher. I may not be a rocket scientist but I know how to string a sentence together.

If God, then why?

What say you?

Why would there have to be a "reasoning" behind it?

Start there.
There is a "reason", however, aka "explanation".
Philosophers & scientists look for explanations, no?
For example, "How did the pandemic originate, and how did it spread so quickly?"
....that's HOW--not WHY..this is a critical difference in all the '''god''' discussions

Exactly, thank you. The question presupposes that events are "intentional" on the part of --- whatever. That it was "caused" for a "purpose". That's assuming a dynamic which is not in evidence.
Exactly, thank you. The question presupposes that events are "intentional" on the part of --- whatever. That it was "caused" for a "purpose". That's assuming a dynamic which is not in evidence.
evidevce is in the eye of the beholder ...

covid certainly seems to have an intention in selectively chosing humanity as its target some what the same as gun lovers that shot wildlife just to kill it and maybe it's a meal for either - there is little more to say for a purpose than to vote republican. why rock the boat. all hail the tramp.
If the gods are the author of all, the all-knowing, all seeing gods are responsible for all.
If the gods are the author of all, the all-knowing, all seeing gods are responsible for all.
if that is from whence we came and with the variety of living beings there definitely seems a message of - just about anything goes ... few strings attached.

so, no they are not responsible for the actions taken on planet Earth. the return trip is another matter.

seriously, is there a difference between gun lovers murdering everything on planet Earth and covid doing the same thing to humanity ...

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The problem is, he wouldn't know a grammatical error if he fell over one. I even went through step by step and explained his errors, but he insisted I was wrong. I'm an English teacher. I may not be a rocket scientist but I know how to string a sentence together.
Do you all still diagram sentences?

Do you all still diagram sentences?
NO! It doesn't help people write better at all. We didn't even learn it in college, so guess what I had to cover during my student teaching? Diagramming sentences. lol
I was up all night studying that nasty Warriner's Grammar with the answers and trying to figure out wtf so I could teach it the next day. My college supervisor observed me during one of those lessons, too, just to make things more fun. He said I did a better job than he could have. But it was the only time I ever touched that and I couldn't do it now if my life depended on it.

Last edited:
NO! It doesn't help people write better at all. We didn't even learn it in college, so guess what I had to cover during my student teaching? Diagramming sentences. lol
I was up all night studying that nasty Warriner's Grammar with the answers and trying to figure out wtf so I could teach it the next day. My college supervisor observed me during one of those lessons, too, just to make things more fun. He said I did a better job than he could have. But it was the only time I ever touched that and I couldn't do it now if my life depending on it.
Does it drive you crazy when people think their adjectives modify one pronoun when it is actually modifying the LAST pronoun?

I wont even start on comma's. :(

I am no Word Smith, but I am not functionally illiterate either.

I was up all night studying that nasty Warriner's Grammar with the answers and trying to figure out wtf so I could teach it the next day. My college supervisor observed me during one of those lessons, too, just to make things more fun. He said I did a better job than he could have. But it was the only time I ever touched that and I couldn't do it now if my life depending on it.
Does it drive you crazy when people think their adjectives modify one pronoun when it is actually modifying the LAST pronoun?

I wont even start on comma's. :(

I am no Word Smith, but I am not functionally illiterate either.
Of course you're not.
The majority of people here get their ideas across just fine. That's what counts.

Forum List

Back