Is it God or Nature?

If one believes in 'God', then all and everything is explained.
People have been asking "why" about 'God' ever since the noun began to be used. No convincing answer has been found. When one asks the same question for a very long time without finding the answer, one should pose antother question; is this the wrong question?

People have been asking "why" about 'God' ever since the noun began to be used. No convincing answer has been found. When one asks the same question for a very long time without finding the answer, one should pose antother question; is this the wrong question?
there is a Creator, as the Infinite Regression Fallacy demonstrates for all but the most witless.

there is a Creator, as the Infinite Regression Fallacy demonstrates for all but the most witless.
Personal revelation is the ultimate indicator. If you have it, there's no doubt. If you don't have it, everything else is merely hearsay.

Personal revelation is the ultimate indicator. If you have it, there's no doubt. If you don't have it, everything else is merely hearsay.
The experience of the Holy Spirit and the inspiring view of the world from a faith perspective are very p[ersuasive.

But I think we can get to the same place by reason.

Plato and Aristotle did, why cant we?

The experience of the Holy Spirit and the inspiring view of the world from a faith perspective are very p[ersuasive.

But I think we can get to the same place by reason.

Plato and Aristotle did, why cant we?
I couldn’t agree more.

Not exactly. I believe in God and there are still a lot of things that are a mystery to me.

What I do have is faith. Faith that everything works for good. Even though I don’t always see it.

Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
If Nature, is it a "correction" in the balance of life among the human species?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
Maybe God wants to give non-human animals a break?
What say you?
there is no god --plain and simple ..so there's your answer

Is this Covid-19 pandemic a result of God's actions, or an ecological/biological/sociological process that reflects Nature?

If God, then why?
Survival of the "fittest" ... and rich/powerful (access to life-saving resources)?

Perhaps population density, some foul sanitary/eating habits, and easy global travel opportunities are "correcting" overpopulation of humans?
What say you?

Why would there have to be a "reasoning" behind it?

Start there.
There is a "reason", however, aka "explanation".
Philosophers & scientists look for explanations, no?
For example, "How did the pandemic originate, and how did it spread so quickly?"
....that's HOW--not WHY..this is a critical difference in all the '''god''' discussions

Not god, not nature....

CHINA
If President Trump were the President of China at the time of this, would he really have done things any differently than what China did...? Deny it, play it down like it was a nothing burger, lie about it, turn his head the other way and hope for the best.... all to keep the economy going?

Seriously! I see no difference in how our president handled this than what the Chinese President did with this in the beginning..... they were fricking twins, in their handling..... deny deny deny..... all just a political hoax....

Not god, not nature....

CHINA
If President Trump were the President of China at the time of this, would he really have done things any differently than what China did...? Deny it, play it down like it was a nothing burger, lie about it, turn his head the other way and hope for the best.... all to keep the economy going?

Seriously! I see no difference in how our president handled this than what the Chinese President did with this in the beginning..... they were fricking twins, in their handling..... deny deny deny..... all just a political hoax....
morning.jpg

If God, then why?

What say you?
How about, why not God?

What say you?
You first. Is God punishing us?
Me next. Why would He? I doubt that.

See? Now you went right back to "reasons".

If you flip a coin and it lands on "tails" ---- does there have to be a "reason" it did that?
Does "chance" not exist?

If God, then why?

What say you?

Start there.
For example, "How did the pandemic originate, and how did it spread so quickly?"
....that's HOW--not WHY..this is a critical difference in all the '''god''' discussions

Exactly, thank you. The question presupposes that events are "intentional" on the part of --- whatever. That it was "caused" for a "purpose". That's assuming a dynamic which is not in evidence.

If God, then why?

What say you?

Start there.

Exactly, thank you. The question presupposes that events are "intentional" on the part of --- whatever. That it was "caused" for a "purpose". That's assuming a dynamic which is not in evidence.
evidevce is in the eye of the beholder ...

covid certainly seems to have an intention in selectively chosing humanity as its target some what the same as gun lovers that shot wildlife just to kill it and maybe it's a meal for either - there is little more to say for a purpose than to vote republican. why rock the boat. all hail the tramp.

Only an idiot would entertain the idea that God sent the virus and then make a political argument out of it.

Forum List

Back