Is it fair to blame Donald Trump for the damage done by Covid?

The United States has more air traffic than any country on Earth by an enormous margin. We have most of the biggest airports on the planet too, and many of those are next to dense groups of people. It seems to me that that's a pretty hard situation to control during a pandemic.

Is it realistic to think that under different leadership the United States would have avoided or heavily mitigated this situation?

Should Donald Trump be blamed in the manner that he often is by the left, or could some of the criticism possibly be called unfair?

No. China released the virus, stop trying to protect them.

America has 2,273 COVID deaths per million pop

Korea has 54

Korea didn't have to shutdown. Korea didn't have to pay out 2, trillion dollar stimulus programs.

No reason trump couldn't have copied Korea. They would've shared their strategy for fighting COVID.

trump killed 600,000 Americans, more Americans than the Nazis did.

Thank you for reminding us why idiots like you should never have any power…

Trump isn't a normal politician. He certainly had to rely heavily on some of his advisors. Do you think he made any of these decisions alone?

I think the situation would be pretty much the same if Obama had been president.

It would have been worse……he would have used it to immediately grow government power

The United States has more air traffic than any country on Earth by an enormous margin. We have most of the biggest airports on the planet too, and many of those are next to dense groups of people. It seems to me that that's a pretty hard situation to control during a pandemic.

Is it realistic to think that under different leadership the United States would have avoided or heavily mitigated this situation?

Should Donald Trump be blamed in the manner that he often is by the left, or could some of the criticism possibly be called unfair?
Why not? Trump was the leader of the U.S. as the U.S. was near the top of the list in terms of both cases and deaths. Out of 221 countries, we ranked 7th in most cases/pop and 11th in most deaths/pop

The Scarf Lady is entitled to her opinion

She also once complained she couldnt trust wuflu numbers coming out of the CDC

I think trump was right to want reelection for himself and for the nation
so youre confirming her "opinion".

about trusting the numbers coming out the CDC, that remark was made less the 2 months after the start of the pandemic.

PPE is a state and local responsibility

State and local governments cannot get companies to make more of it the way the Feds can. Trump invoked the Defense production act to get them to make more, he just did it 2 months two late, by then our front line people were wearing the same N-95 for multiple days

MOST Americans are smart enough to know that wearing a mask is not necessary to save their lives from the wuflu
No... not MOST Americans... only a minority of Americans are stupid enough not to mask-up in a crowd, until the pandemic has burned itself out.

Again, Black Lies Matter and ANTIFA are democrat “super-spreader” events that go on constantly
What does that have to do with the stupidity of pointless Trump rallies as super-spreaders during the 2020 campaign season at the pandemic raged?

Kondor3

If biden were serious about not spreading the chinese disrase Illegal aliens would be returned to mexico the same say they arrive

But its obvious that masks and mandates are just tools in his bag of bullshit political tricka
Tell you what, sport... let's you and I take a walk through a COVID ICU ward and talk to the patients... I'll wear my mask... you can go open-faced...

New Topics

Forum List

Back