CDZ Is it appropriate for someone to put a "Dump Trump" sign in their yard?

As we get nearer the election in possibly the most chaotic election year ever, I'm seeing everyday things that bother me. One of my neighbors last week put a bright pink sign in their yard that says "Dump Trump". I've seen plenty of people putting the signs of people they support. But I've never seen anyone put a negative sign up about a candidate they don't like. Do think this is OK? I think it goes over the line of what neighbors should put in their yard.
Don't be ridiculous. That is freedom of speech. It is what makes America, America.
I have no problem with bumper stickers, T-shirts, signs in public places, etc. expressing your political opinion. As I have stated, I believe a sign like that is being disrespectful to your neighbors having a different political view. I've never seen a sign in any neighborhood I have lived being negative toward a candidate until now.
Doesn't matter if it's disrespectful. It's their right to do so. You can hate the neighbor all you want. This is the land of the free with freedom of speech.
I don't hate the neighbor at all. He is otherwise a nice old guy. I am saying a neighborhood is not the venue to put up negative slogans that will certainly offend some of your neighbors. Is there nothing off limits? Is it OK for instance to put up an "Abolish the police" when you know you have a neighbor that is a Cop?
I wouldn't do it. I have more class than that. But you can be pretty classless in a free country.

UPDATE 10-11-2020. I was glad to see my neighbor has taken down his DUMP TRUMP sign and replaced it with more neighborhood appropriate BIDEN-HARRIS and MARK KELLY signs. :113:

Forum List

Back