Is it against the law to lie on the Census?

It is a government document. I think it is illegal to lie on any of those.

Many folks are going to protest it, but they will get visits from enumerators. the government is persistent like gum on the bottom of your shoe.

I lied on the census. I told them I was a person of oriental and eskimo decent. I'm a slant-eyed guy that eats a lot of whale blubber and rubs noses to say I love you.

It is illegal to lie on the census, but how can they prosecute you if the data can only be used for census purposes?

It is a government document. I think it is illegal to lie on any of those.

Many folks are going to protest it, but they will get visits from enumerators. the government is persistent like gum on the bottom of your shoe.

Bullshit!

10 years ago, I said I am Irish-American, married to a Leprechan, with fraternal twins---one leprechaun, one not. I further said we owned the bridge we lived under, had 12 pots of gold and 10 rainbows.

Nobody ever visited me or arrested me, dumbass.

This year, we no longer own our own bridge and I am reducing the pots of gold and rainbows to reflect our real-life budgetary situation. ;) :D

If they do ,It is kind of stupid, they will have to pay more people to hit the streets if people act like children putting US in more debt.

According to Title 13, Section 221 (Census, Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers) of the United States Code, persons who fail or refuse to respond to the mail-back census form, or refuse to respond to a follow-up census taker can be fined up to $100. Persons who knowingly provide false information to the census can be fined up to $500.

Census Answers are Required by Law – Federal Law Requires Honest Answers to Questions on the US Census

Doesn't say anything about making sideline notes..........

The Census is on April 1rst. That is April fools day so you are allowed to trick them.

I am planning on having 10 friends over for an April Fools party. I am putting them all on my census form because they were here that day. This way I get some more representation & government money. You know ACORN & SEIU are doing it, so it must be good.

Forum List

Back