What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it against the law to lie on the Census?

random3434

Reaction score
Just wondering, since some people say they are going to do it.

Reaction score
It is a government document. I think it is illegal to lie on any of those.

Many folks are going to protest it, but they will get visits from enumerators. the government is persistent like gum on the bottom of your shoe.

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I lied on the census. I told them I was a person of oriental and eskimo decent. I'm a slant-eyed guy that eats a lot of whale blubber and rubs noses to say I love you.

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Probably.

Hence, when the good little gubmint toady shows up at my door (I'm passively non-compliant on the matter), I just tell them that this isn't my permanent address and am counted in another state.

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Reaction score
No problem, Dude. I'll just write you in on mine.

RadiomanATL

Reaction score
I'm writing in that 18 people live at my residence. I just want to see what happens.

uscitizen

Reaction score
It is illegal to lie on the census, but how can they prosecute you if the data can only be used for census purposes?

JenyEliza

Princess of Rhetoric
Reaction score
It is a government document. I think it is illegal to lie on any of those.

Many folks are going to protest it, but they will get visits from enumerators. the government is persistent like gum on the bottom of your shoe.

Bullshit!

10 years ago, I said I am Irish-American, married to a Leprechan, with fraternal twins---one leprechaun, one not. I further said we owned the bridge we lived under, had 12 pots of gold and 10 rainbows.

Nobody ever visited me or arrested me, dumbass.

This year, we no longer own our own bridge and I am reducing the pots of gold and rainbows to reflect our real-life budgetary situation. ;) :D

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Reaction score
If they do ,It is kind of stupid, they will have to pay more people to hit the streets if people act like children putting US in more debt.

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Reaction score
According to Title 13, Section 221 (Census, Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers) of the United States Code, persons who fail or refuse to respond to the mail-back census form, or refuse to respond to a follow-up census taker can be fined up to $100. Persons who knowingly provide false information to the census can be fined up to $500.

Census Answers are Required by Law – Federal Law Requires Honest Answers to Questions on the US Census

Doesn't say anything about making sideline notes..........

FireFly

Bright F**ker
Reaction score
The Census is on April 1rst. That is April fools day so you are allowed to trick them.

I am planning on having 10 friends over for an April Fools party. I am putting them all on my census form because they were here that day. This way I get some more representation & government money. You know ACORN & SEIU are doing it, so it must be good.

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Reaction score
Just wondering, since some people say they are going to do it.

I think Michelle Bachman had some scammy way around it like only answering certain questions. I certainly wouldn't take her word for anything tho.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List