IS ISIS a religious problem?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
IS ISIS or other terror groups violence a religious problem? Watching news coverage yesterday showing ISIS shooting their guns and such I found myself musing "I see nothing about a religion, I only see a bunch of people with guns shooting." Yet all the coverage is making it a religious problem. "They're extremist Muslims with a violent ideology." While that may be so, when they're actually shooting at someone there's nothing religious about it. It's just some guys shooting at other guys. So why not just address it all like any other armed paramilitary problem and attack like any other military force by shooting back?

Why make people being indiscriminantly violent a religious matter when it's simply a violence problem? If you're not going to try and convert or disuade them with religious ideas, but just shoot back at them, what difference does what their religious beliefs are make?

Islam is a problem. Best to deal with the shitheads now before they crap out more of their fly covered shit babies.

IS ISIS or other terror groups violence a religious problem? Watching news coverage yesterday showing ISIS shooting their guns and such I found myself musing "I see nothing about a religion, I only see a bunch of people with guns shooting." Yet all the coverage is making it a religious problem. "They're extremist Muslims with a violent ideology." While that may be so, when they're actually shooting at someone there's nothing religious about it. It's just some guys shooting at other guys. So why not just address it all like any other armed paramilitary problem and attack like any other military force by shooting back?

Why make people being indiscriminantly violent a religious matter when it's simply a violence problem? If you're not going to try and convert or disuade them with religious ideas, but just shoot back at them, what difference does what their religious beliefs are make?
Take away Islam and these idiots become Charles Manson. They'd need LSD and hookers to recruit.

You know, what I see on full display in the west is sheer arrogance to conclude that ISIS couldn't possibly be acting in the name of religion, in the name of ISLAM.

What counts here is what they believe. And the members of ISIS fully believe that they are acting in the name of Allah.

For crying out loud one of the first things they did when they had conquered and seized a good portion of Syria was to establish the Caliphate.

It really doesn't matter a freaking lick what we think, what Secretary of State John Kerry believes or what President Obama thinks at all.

They believe. And that's all that matters.

Yeah right, ISIS marching 21 Christians in front of the cameras and slowly cutting off their heads isn't a religious problem. It's just a couple of guys playing with knives. Keep thinking that way.

Forum List

Back