Is Isaiah 42 a prophecy of Prophet Muhammad ?

So, you think the prophecy is about Prophet Jesus or Paul ?

The prophecy is about Jesus the Christ who has always led his church, even after his resurrection. He commissioned Paul to go unto the Gentiles and preach the gospel.

The prophecy is about Jesus the Christ who has always led his church, even after his resurrection. He commissioned Paul to go unto the Gentiles and preach the gospel.
But Christ is sent only to the lost sheep of Israel .

When Christ served his earthly mission here on the earth, he only taught those who were of the house of Israel. After his mission, the gospel was go into all the earth and usher in the times of the Gentiles.

Matthew 15:24
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Acts 10:19-48
9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12 Wherein were all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon’s house, and stood before the gate,

18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?

22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

23 Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.

24 And the morrow after they entered into Cæsarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.

25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?

30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.

32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.

33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judæa, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

When Christ served his earthly mission here on the earth, he only taught those who were of the house of Israel. After his mission, the gospel was go into all the earth and usher in the times of the Gentiles.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12 Wherein were all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon’s house, and stood before the gate,

18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?

22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

23 Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.

24 And the morrow after they entered into Cæsarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.

25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?

30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.

32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.

33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judæa, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
So, you think this man is Jesus :huh1:

Let's summarize the points mentioned above:
Isaiah_42.jpg

some jerk who has no idea as to the use of imagery and symbolism
in Hebrew poetry. The "points" have nothing to do with the poetry
of Isaiah which clearly describes an idealized "MESSIAH KING OF ISRAEL" in very typical Hebrew poetic imagery ON THE VERY SAME
SUBJECT . It ain't jesus and it ain't the meccan reject of the bat cave. Isaiah is a poet on level with persons like Jeremiah and Amos----who
produced the best writings key to the understanding thereof.
Matthew's stuff is a good kopy-kat on mysticism------as is "john"-----
but nothing more

Isaiah_42.jpg

1. Genesis 25:12-18 simply lists the genealogy of Ishmael and names Kedar as one of his sons. It says nothing about a prophet in relation to Ishmael or his sons.

2. Ezekiel 27:21 simply lists Kedar as one of the many merchants whom the city of Tyrus (Tyre of Syria) did business with. Tyrus was being prophesied to be destroyed. The verse has nothing to do with a Prophet of Kedar.

3. The place Sela is only mentioned in one verse in the entire Bible. It is Isaiah 16:1. This chapter is about the condemnation of Moab. Verse 5 tells of The Messiah who will sit on David’s throne, seeking justice and hastening righteousness. The one verse speaks of sending a lamb from Sela as tribute to ruler of the land of the daughters of Zion.

4. Not referencing a verse. Cannot comment on this one.

5. The story in Matthew 15 teaches clearly that he came unto the house of Israel but because of the faith of the Canaanite woman, Jesus had mercy on her and healed her daughter.

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

6. Isaiah 42 is speaking of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the great I AM. It is he who destroys Tyrus and Moab for their wickedness. It will be He who cleanses the earth of the wicked at his second coming.

7.Isaiah 42:17 states:

Isaiah 42:17
17 They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.

The message of the Lord Jesus Christ's gospel is sent to all that are in the world. Eventually every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is the Christ.

Romans 14:10-12
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

So you ask, who is the man? The man of Matthew 15 is clearly Jesus Christ. Verse 14 of Romans 14 is clear that the man is Jesus Christ. We have gone over the parallels of Isaiah 42 in a previous post and how they relate to Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus is the LORD. Jesus is the son of God. Jesus is the great I AM.

John 8:58
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

'Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As said:

'By Allah, he is described in the Torah partly as he is described in the Qur'an:
"O Prophet, We have sent you as a witness, a bearer of good news and a warner and a protection to the unlettered. You are My slave and Messenger. I have called you the trusty one who is neither coarse nor harsh nor loud in the markets. Allah Almighty will not take him until He has made the crooked community straight by him so that they say, "There is no god but Allah," and by it they will open blind eyes, deaf ears and covered hearts.'" Source

A very similar passage is found in the bible:

The Servant of the LORD
1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.1
2 He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets.2
3 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
4 he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”
5 This is what God the LORD says— the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out, who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it:
6 “I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,3
7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.4
8 “I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.5
9 See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you.”
10 Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.
11 Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice.6 Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops.7​
Here are some observations on the texts above:

1- The Justice brought to the nations, the complete System of GOD Almighty's Laws on earth, the Truthfulness of Prophet Muhammad all point to these ayat:

"Allah commands justice, the doing Of good, and liberality to kith And kin, and He forbids All shameful deeds, and injustice And rebellion: He instructs you, That ye may receive admonition. (The Noble Quran, 16:90)"
"O ye who believe! Stand out firmly For justice, as witnesses To Allah, even as against Yourselves, or your parents, Or your kin, and whether It be (against) rich or poor: For Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (Of your hearts), lest ye Swerve, and if ye Distort (justice) or decline To do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted With all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 4:135)"​

2- Compare with the hadeeth above.

3- The Gentiles are the non-Jews. These verses clearly suggest that the coming Prophet will be among the Gentiles. The Classic Arabic term 'Ummi'=unlettered in the hadith above, refers to a gentile or someone who is not familiar with the Law of Prophet Moses.
image006.gif

(EDWARD LANES LEXICON)

4- Compare with the hadeeth.

5- The Arabs before Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him were pagans. They used to worship idols. They had 360 idols in the Holy City of Mecca.

6- GOD will send the people of Kedar (i.e., the Arabs) a Prophet and they should "rejoice" and "raise their voices" in happiness. Kedar is the son of Ishmael peace be upon him: "These are the names of the sons of Ishmael, listed in the order of their birth: Nebaioth the firstborn of Ishmael, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, (From the NIV Bible, Genesis 25:13)"
The "settlements where Kedar lives" is referring to the Arabs.

7- The place being spoken of is actually the city of Madinah because ‘Sela’ is the name of a famous mountain in Madinah. Madinah was the city of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh):

No. Isaiah was around 1000+ years before the pedophile Mohammed. Furthermore, Isaiah was a true prophet of God, unlike the pedophile Mohammed.

Man, I shoulda been here, Sunday!

Oh yeah, family thing, that's why. The family I went and visited is highly religious, so there's that.

Last edited:
'Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As said:

'By Allah, he is described in the Torah partly as he is described in the Qur'an:
"O Prophet, We have sent you as a witness, a bearer of good news and a warner and a protection to the unlettered. You are My slave and Messenger. I have called you the trusty one who is neither coarse nor harsh nor loud in the markets. Allah Almighty will not take him until He has made the crooked community straight by him so that they say, "There is no god but Allah," and by it they will open blind eyes, deaf ears and covered hearts.'" Source

A very similar passage is found in the bible:

The Servant of the LORD
1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.1
2 He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets.2
3 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
4 he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”
5 This is what God the LORD says— the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out, who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it:
6 “I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,3
7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.4
8 “I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.5
9 See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you.”
10 Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.
11 Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice.6 Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops.7​
Here are some observations on the texts above:

1- The Justice brought to the nations, the complete System of GOD Almighty's Laws on earth, the Truthfulness of Prophet Muhammad all point to these ayat:

"Allah commands justice, the doing Of good, and liberality to kith And kin, and He forbids All shameful deeds, and injustice And rebellion: He instructs you, That ye may receive admonition. (The Noble Quran, 16:90)"
"O ye who believe! Stand out firmly For justice, as witnesses To Allah, even as against Yourselves, or your parents, Or your kin, and whether It be (against) rich or poor: For Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (Of your hearts), lest ye Swerve, and if ye Distort (justice) or decline To do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted With all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 4:135)"​

2- Compare with the hadeeth above.

3- The Gentiles are the non-Jews. These verses clearly suggest that the coming Prophet will be among the Gentiles. The Classic Arabic term 'Ummi'=unlettered in the hadith above, refers to a gentile or someone who is not familiar with the Law of Prophet Moses.
image006.gif

(EDWARD LANES LEXICON)

4- Compare with the hadeeth.

5- The Arabs before Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him were pagans. They used to worship idols. They had 360 idols in the Holy City of Mecca.

6- GOD will send the people of Kedar (i.e., the Arabs) a Prophet and they should "rejoice" and "raise their voices" in happiness. Kedar is the son of Ishmael peace be upon him: "These are the names of the sons of Ishmael, listed in the order of their birth: Nebaioth the firstborn of Ishmael, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, (From the NIV Bible, Genesis 25:13)"
The "settlements where Kedar lives" is referring to the Arabs.

7- The place being spoken of is actually the city of Madinah because ‘Sela’ is the name of a famous mountain in Madinah. Madinah was the city of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh):

No.

Mohammad really is in the Bible, who knew?

Rev 20:10 (KJV) "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Jesus is a prophet in the sense that he has the gift of prophecy. Speaking of himself, Jesus said the following:

John 4:44
44 For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country.

Matthew 13:57
57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Jesus is a prophet in the sense that he has the gift of prophecy. Speaking of himself, Jesus said the following:

John 4:44
44 For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country.

Matthew 13:57
57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
That is merely speaking poetically. He also said, "Before Abraham was, I am." That puts him out of the category of prophet by the standard to be applied.

I am an exmuslim. I recently left Islam a few weeks ago. Honestly I use to believe all this nonsense. The Torah, Bible and Quran are fiction trilogies. They are no different from the Greek myths and Norse myths.

The Torah being part 1 and the writers of the Bible continued on and the writers of the Quran completing the trilogy.

If you are believer then yes this could have been seen as a prophecy. That’s assuming the Bible is true.

Mohammad really is in the Bible, who knew?

Rev 20:10 (KJV) "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

According to Islam the coming of Mohammed was mentioned back in the Old Testament days.

My question is why did it take three religious books for God to get it right?

Forum List

Back