Is inciting riots against the U.S. government, treason?

Admiral Rockwell Tory, you believe those rioters who were charged with lesser than sedition against the USA and stated that they believe they were acting in support of President Trump and his wishes had no logical cause to hold such beliefs? Even those that did not plead guilty, made those statements just to please their prosecutors?
Respectfully, Supposn
Trump NEVER told anyone to riot. Why can't you wrap your brain around that fact?

Trump NEVER told anyone to riot. Why can't you wrap your brain around that fact?

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
... Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
//////////////////////////////////////
Admiral Rockwell Tory, within the President Donald Trump's public speeches and comments, he rarely explicitly or implicitly urged anyone to act uncivilly or illegally. But what do you believe was the motive of some of his speeches and comments? What's the definition of “incites”?

I would have preferred the congressional committee would continue gathering testimony and affidavits but had not held any public hearings until the Department of Justice perform their duties. They should clear or file charges against Donald Trump and his associates within and outside of the White House. It's injustice if they fail to do one or the other. Respectfully, Supposn

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
... Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
//////////////////////////////////////
Admiral Rockwell Tory, within the President Donald Trump's public speeches and comments, he rarely explicitly or implicitly urged anyone to act uncivilly or illegally. But what do you believe was the motive of some of his speeches and comments? What's the definition of “incites”?

I would have preferred the congressional committee would continue gathering testimony and affidavits but had not held any public hearings until the Department of Justice perform their duties. They should clear or file charges against Donald Trump and his associates within and outside of the White House. It's injustice if they fail to do one or the other. Respectfully, Supposn
The committee cannot charge him with spitting on the sidewalk, much less inciting a riot. Congress cannot charge him with anything!

The reason he has never been charged is that he did nothing to incite the rioters.

Can't you get that through your thick head?

The DOJ does not clear anyone. You will learn that when you get to your high school.

,,, The DOJ does not clear anyone. You will learn that when you get to your high school.

Admiral Rockwell Tory, I don't know if the U.S. Department of Justice or the FBI has ever publicly cleared anyone who was extremely publicly accused of a federal crime? Do you with any degree of certainty know they have not and will not do so?
Large proportions of USA's adult, and of voter population segments believe President Donald Trump did to some extent incite the seditious attack at the Capitol Building on January 6, 2023. It would be an injustice if the FBI did not publicly clear him of the false accusation or indict him of the true charge that Justice department believes can be proven. Respectfully, Supposn

Admiral Rockwell Tory, I don't know if the U.S. Department of Justice or the FBI has ever publicly cleared anyone who was extremely publicly accused of a federal crime? Do you with any degree of certainty know they have not and will not do so?
Large proportions of USA's adult, and of voter population segments believe President Donald Trump did to some extent incite the seditious attack at the Capitol Building on January 6, 2023. It would be an injustice if the FBI did not publicly clear him of the false accusation or indict him of the true charge that Justice department believes can be proven. Respectfully, Supposn
How do they "clear him"? Is there some form they fill out? You must watch too much TV. The DOJ has a choice to either charge him or not. Since they have no evidence, how does one "clear him'?

It would be like the DOJ clearing me of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping. What would the purpose of that be? How would it be documented?

What are these "large proportions" of people who think he incited the riots? Have you ever looked at those who think the moon landings were faked? People are stupid and misguided by the media.

How do they "clear him"? Is there some form they fill out? You must watch too much TV. The DOJ has a choice to either charge him or not. Since they have no evidence, how does one "clear him'?

It would be like the DOJ clearing me of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping. What would the purpose of that be? How would it be documented?

What are these "large proportions" of people who think he incited the riots? Have you ever looked at those who think the moon landings were faked? People are stupid and misguided by the media.

… and flag officer Horatio Nelson held his telescope up to his blind eye and said, “I do not see the signal”.

Admiral Rockwell Tory, you're assuming no one of authority within our U.S. Department of Justice and its FBI, (similarly to yourself and other Trump supporters,) do not and will not see any of the publicly published or broadcasted evidence and testimony attesting to then president Trump and his and associates' federal crimes; if given an opportunity, they'll choose not to see. I wish otherwise, but your assumption may be correct.

Apparently you as I, do not with any degree of certainty know if anyone in authority within our U.S. Justice Department ever has or ever will publicly announce a person who's been very publicly accused of a federal crime is not likely to ever be indicted by the department for that crime; that would to some extent be clearing that person's besmirched reputation.
If Donald Trump has not committed those crimes it's an justice not to a possible extent rectify the harms due to those public accusations. If the FBI can prove Trump's guilt, not indicting him would also be an injustice. Respectfully, Supposn

… and flag officer Horatio Nelson held his telescope up to his blind eye and said, “I do not see the signal”.

Admiral Rockwell Tory, you're assuming no one of authority within our U.S. Department of Justice and its FBI, (similarly to yourself and other Trump supporters,) do not and will not see any of the publicly published or broadcasted evidence and testimony attesting to then president Trump and his and associates' federal crimes; if given an opportunity, they'll choose not to see. I wish otherwise, but your assumption may be correct.

Apparently you as I, do not with any degree of certainty know if anyone in authority within our U.S. Justice Department ever has or ever will publicly announce a person who's been very publicly accused of a federal crime is not likely to ever be indicted by the department for that crime; that would to some extent be clearing that person's besmirched reputation.
If Donald Trump has not committed those crimes it's an justice not to a possible extent rectify the harms due to those public accusations. If the FBI can prove Trump's guilt, not indicting him would also be an injustice. Respectfully, Supposn
Where has there been any evidence provided? Like CNN and MSNBC, are you just making shit up as you go?

You cannot "clear" someone as that has no legal significance. Why can't you understand that?

With zero evidence, they simply cannot pursue an indictment. They are not currently even investigating Trump. The January 6th kangaroo court in the House is simply the liberals in Congress' las hope in keeping it in the news, and they are failing miserably, because they have nothing, never had anything, and will not have anything in the future.

... It would be like the DOJ clearing me of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping. ...
Admiral Rockwell Tory, you're now being publicly accused of being the Lindbergh baby's kidnapper? The wrong man was found guilty and executed? Why haven't I read or heard of this before today? How old are you? I hope this will be cleared up and your reputation will not be damaged. Respectfully, Supposn

Admiral Rockwell Tory, you're now being publicly accused of being the Lindbergh baby's kidnapper? The wrong man was found guilty and executed? Why haven't I read or heard of this before today? How old are you? I hope this will be cleared up and your reputation will not be damaged. Respectfully, Supposn

In today's political climate, I would not put it past someone in the lame stream media from doing so. This would, in spite of the fact that it would be quite impossible, not let that stand in their way of taking a shot. Did my point go screaming over your head?

... With zero evidence, they simply cannot pursue an indictment. They are not currently even investigating Trump. ...
Admiral Rockwell Tory, you have an information pipe line running from FBI offices within the U.S. District of Columbia? How do you know all of this? The FBI has determined all of the evidence and testimony gathered by the joint congressional is wrong and/or false? Respectfully, Supposn

Admiral Rockwell Tory, you have an information pipe line running from FBI offices within the U.S. District of Columbia? How do you know all of this? The FBI has determined all of the evidence and testimony gathered by the joint congressional is wrong and/or false? Respectfully, Supposn
First, there is no "joint congressional" and practically all of the evidence the House January 6th committee has heard came from the FBI. Now, educate yourself so you wont ask stupid questions, please!

First, there is no "joint congressional" and practically all of the evidence the House January 6th committee has heard came from the FBI. Now, educate yourself so you wont ask stupid questions, please!

Admiral Rockwell Tory, you're correct. Originally, a bipartisan committee with member appointed by both the majority and minority leaders of both congressional chambers and those appointed not not currently be members of congress was suggested. Since the Republican senate leader's opposed to any committee studying the January 6th riots, Senate rules made it unfeasible for the establishment of any committee requiring both congressional houses co-operation. The official tittle of the house's committee is the “select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection”.

I doubt if the entire evidence, affidavits, and testimony that has been or continuing to being gathered is provided by the FBI. I read the committee has been requested to make their files and evidence available to the FBI; their certainly is evidence against Donald Trump and his associates.
Respectfully, Supposn

Is inciting riots against the U.S. government, treason?
There’s no doubt that President Donald Trump did incite his followers to riot.
Respectfully, Supposn
In the United States?...

Adhering to the narrow Constitutional definition of 'treason'?...

No.

In the case of January 6, 2021, and the riotous mob assault against the United States Congress, incited by Donald Trump and his lieutenants and familiars...

We are talking Sedition...

Culminating in Insurrection.

In the United States?... Adhering to the narrow Constitutional definition of 'treason'?... No.
In the case of January 6, 2021, and the riotous mob assault against the United States Congress, incited by Donald Trump and his lieutenants and familiars...
We are talking Sedition... Culminating in Insurrection.
Konndor3, we agree it was seditious. ”Insurrection” is a synonym for ”sedition”. Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back