Is homosexual behavior a sin?

• Yes!

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No!

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Don't Know!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Not a sin in my opinion but it is something I can't understand. Let me see...I can put my member in a vagina for pleasure or a smelly hairy asshole. I mean what must that smell like the next day? whoa! Not for me. But a sin? that is not up to me to declare. I've got my own sins to deal with, other people's actions are their problem.

If it weren't for homosexual behavior we would still have unicorns:

unicorns.gif

Too bad about the unicorns. Glad I could help.

Is homosexual behavior a sin?

I do not think it is a sin, or immoral. I do not judge or denigrate those who happen to have turned out to be homosexual. Live and let live and MYOB! My philosophy. I would ask them to be of the same mindset.

Webster's New World Dictionary and Thesaurus defines sin:

a) an offense against God, religion, or good morals
b) the condition of being guilty of continued offense against God, religion, or good morals
2. an offense against any law, standard, code, etc. [a sin against good taste]

Is posting internet polls a sin?

Does everyone get to decide for himself what is and is not a sin? Does it depend on what is written in the bible? Is the concept of sin obsolete?

No, posting a poll in and of itself is not a sin? Well, maybe someone else thinks it is.

Yes, but only if Jewish, Christian, Muslim, or other religion that says it is (though some newer denominations of those faiths say it's not though their Scriptural texts say it is.) More objectively no it's not.

Well organized chart here,
Homosexuality Comparison Chart - ReligionFacts

Ancient Greeks:
Views of Homosexual Orientation: No conception of "homosexuality" versus "heterosexualty." Same-sex desires not categorized separately from other sexual desires.
View of Homosexual Acts: Not generally condemned and often idealized and romanticized. But the social status of the partners and the playing of the passive role were important considerations.

Ancient Romans:
No conception of "homosexuality" versus "heterosexualty." Homosexual desires were irrelevant; only the acts were regulated.
Similar to Greece under the Republic, but more negative under the Empire, in which male prostitution and pederasty were illegal and passive partners in adult relationships lost many civil rights.

Buddhism:
Varies: Unnatural (Dalai Lama), a karmic punishment (SE Asian countries), an alternative. Not generally condemned in itself.
Unlawful for monks, who must be celibate regardless of orientation. For other Buddhists, "sexual misconduct" is prohibited under the Third Precept, which depends on the circumstances and the results.

Hinduism:
Not generally condemned in itself. Some ancient texts and temples depict it as one of many sexual inclinations, while Vedanta discourages homosexual desires as lustful and/or distracting.
Condemned by most Hindu cultures, though not often for religious reasons. The teachings of Vedanta, which emphasize liberation from the material world to the spiritual, allow only heterosexual sex, within marriage and for purposes of procreation.

Judaism:
Orthodox: Condemned as rebellion against God.
Conservative: Neither condemned nor affirmed.
Reform: Generally accepted as alternative.

Orthodox: Strongly condemned.
Conservative: Violation of Jewish law, disqualifies from Jewish marriage and religious leadership. Reform: Approved in context of committed relationship; civil marriage supported, but generally not religious marriage.

Sikhism:
Generally considered a manifestation of Lust, one of the "Five Thieves" or vices. A minority consider it an acceptable alternative.
Generally condemned in light of its association with Lust and the value of family life. But a minority believe the Sikh value of universal equality supports acceptance of homosexual relations.

Expanded information on each listed religion available at link.

Last edited:
If one believes in Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Bible then yes the active practice of homosexual sex is a sin.

One does not get to change what is and is not a sin because they disagree or think God has changed. Just because you don't like it does not make it ok to change what is taught by and expected by God.

the act of laying with a man is a sin in the bible.

i really fail to see the point of this thread. fact is, the church i belong to, though admittedly rarely attend, has moved forward and accepts homosexuals so long as they don't engage in homosexual activities. that is only for official positions, they accept any and all into the congregation.

I am prohibited by my beliefs to judge what is a sin for someone else. As Phil Robertson says that's between them and God. It would be a sin if I committed a homosexual act since I am supposed to judge sin for myself. It is a sin for me to accept or tolerate homosexual acts. It is a sin for me to participate in or facilitate homosexual behavior.

What gays want is to force people, like myself, to violate their most deeply held beliefs. I can appreciate their desire to have others not judge as to whether or not they are sinful. Yet they demand to sit in final judgment themselves and declare what is or is not a sin for everybody else. Gays really want Godlike power. The ability to make judgements as to what everyone else must do according to what they want.

Depends.

Two lesbians who are young and hot? Not a sin.

Two fireplug mullet-haired middle aged lesbians who look like softball players? Sin.

New Topics

Forum List

Back