Is "Government" an Obsolete Concept?

RobetHiggsQuote.jpg

Silly. Do you think one must personal know or experience billionaires and governments to know of them?
No matter. Both billionaires & governments are here to stay. I'm personally just fine w/ reality as it is & I'm fully prepared to deal w/ it in harmony. Let me know if u need any help.

No matter. Both billionaires & governments are here to stay. I'm personally just fine w/ reality as it is & I'm fully prepared to deal w/ it in harmony. Let me know if u need any help.
You’re not getting this. How can I make you understand?

Centralized govts has killed more people than any other thing in our history.
I dont understand how people can sit there and defend it.
Even our own, robs from the poor to give to the rich. Kills innocent people all over the planet.
I know that many of you dont care. You actually lie about these things happening.

Last edited:
Here…maybe this will help.

People Don't Understand How Unfree We Already Are

The biggest and most widespread blind spot among those who oppose totalitarian control by the powerful is the assumption that it has not already been achieved.

We've been so busy watching out for the next overtly totalitarian dictatorship that wants to put the jackboot on our necks we never noticed the covert totalitarians sliding the shackles around our minds.

Everyone thinks about the abusers who beat their spouses, but not the abusers who dominate their spouses' minds with psychological manipulation.

Everyone thinks about psychopathic killers prowling the streets, but not the psychopathic killers who rule our world via mass-scale manipulation.

Conspiracy analysts warn that the government is trying to give everyone a social credit score to force us all to comply with the agendas of the powerful, in nations where mass-scale narrative management through the media and online algorithms already manipulates everyone into complying with the agendas of the powerful.

People assume that they aren't already behaving exactly how the powerful want them to behave within a civilization whose political, monetary and economic systems are already completely under the control of the powerful.

People think they are free just because they can go and buy whatever they want in an economy rigged for the powerful using money rigged for the powerful, because they can say whatever they want on internet platforms whose algorithms are manipulated by the powerful, because they can vote for a politician who only got on the ballot by being owned by the powerful.

People think they are free because the system let them elect a "populist" like Donald Trump, even after that "populist" spent four years doing nothing but advancing the interests of the powerful.

People think they are free because the system lets them elect "progressives" like Bernie Sanders and AOC, even though those "progressives" always stop short when it comes time to challenge real power.

Here…maybe this will help.

The biggest and most widespread blind spot among those who oppose totalitarian control by the powerful is the assumption that it has not already been achieved.

We've been so busy watching out for the next overtly totalitarian dictatorship that wants to put the jackboot on our necks we never noticed the covert totalitarians sliding the shackles around our minds.

Everyone thinks about the abusers who beat their spouses, but not the abusers who dominate their spouses' minds with psychological manipulation.

Everyone thinks about psychopathic killers prowling the streets, but not the psychopathic killers who rule our world via mass-scale manipulation.

Conspiracy analysts warn that the government is trying to give everyone a social credit score to force us all to comply with the agendas of the powerful, in nations where mass-scale narrative management through the media and online algorithms already manipulates everyone into complying with the agendas of the powerful.

People assume that they aren't already behaving exactly how the powerful want them to behave within a civilization whose political, monetary and economic systems are already completely under the control of the powerful.

People think they are free just because they can go and buy whatever they want in an economy rigged for the powerful using money rigged for the powerful, because they can say whatever they want on internet platforms whose algorithms are manipulated by the powerful, because they can vote for a politician who only got on the ballot by being owned by the powerful.

People think they are free because the system let them elect a "populist" like Donald Trump, even after that "populist" spent four years doing nothing but advancing the interests of the powerful.

People think they are free because the system lets them elect "progressives" like Bernie Sanders and AOC, even though those "progressives" always stop short when it comes time to challenge real power.
Please bear with me on this, what I'm getting from u is that ur convinced that you see what's true & others don't get it. Please consider that there are a lot of folks who are convinced that they see the truth in a sea of others in error, while even these others can disagree w/ both us & w/ each other.

My point is that being convinced is not enough. What's needed is that we're very, very careful. Maybe eventually we'll come back to where we are right now, but we still constantly have to check what we believe is true --preferably w/ a friendly & consultitive tone with others. We may even learn something new, who knows?

In the USA for example, is there something that government does that is actually beneficial to citizens and society at large?
Rads, Bridges,
Much of what the government does is practically invisible but if they stopped you would damned sure notice.
Asking for elimination of Government is to say, 'I think Somalia got it right...'

There is some dumb threads on this board but this is close to the worst..

The government is a net benefit to society or it never would have lasted. You people who are baby with the bath water about the government are just too far removed from the problems the government quietly and thanklessly manages every day.
I think they haven't traveled to a area where government has broken down... Eg Somalis, South Sudan...

They must think Mad Max was a comedy...

The existence and effectiveness of a government depends critically on the willingness of enough of the governed to act in good faith and generally follow the rules of those it chooses to create and enforce those rules. When the percentage of that population drops to a certain level, that society begins to unravel.

We're seeing, in real time, that one driving force in that unraveling is the creation and maintenance of a literal alternate reality. A society cannot function long when it can't even agree on facts, on what is real. So here we are.
Thou sayest it. A devil will not say what you said. I have ought with the good faith phrase. Faith comes when a person hears God's words regarding what is to come. People who have patience, will wait for it. They don't try to determine when. The Government does not know God's law, else they would teach it. Love others even as the Unseen father has loved us, calling all of us unto his peacful self. People will then see one peacful person, looking at another peacful person. Fear giving laws will not be found, anywhere.

Last edited:
The existence and effectiveness of a government depends critically on the willingness of enough of the governed to act in good faith and generally follow the rules of those it chooses to create and enforce those rules. When the percentage of that population drops to a certain level, that society begins to unravel.

We're seeing, in real time, that one driving force in that unraveling is the creation and maintenance of a literal alternate reality. A society cannot function long when it can't even agree on facts, on what is real. So here we are.
Actually one or founders said this kind of government is for a moral people. He said it would not work without one. You can figure out the rest.

Forum List

Back