'Is God A Liberal?'

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
"Let us grant that there is indeed one God, that this God knows what is right and best for human beings...Let us grant every one of these points and proceed post-haste to construct a society founded upon God's authority rather than our own."

"The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that the first one was useless." Nicolas Chamfort

"If God had intended that man should go backward, he would have given him eyes in the back of his head." Victor Hugo

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

I would suggest that The Deity is neither Liberal nor Conservative and that politics mean nothing to Omniscient eyes that see nothing other than Right and Wrong. THAT is the metric which I believe The Deity used to judge the Souls of mankind

"Let us grant that there is indeed one God, that this God knows what is right and best for human beings...Let us grant every one of these points and proceed post-haste to construct a society founded upon God's authority rather than our own."

"The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that the first one was useless." Nicolas Chamfort

"If God had intended that man should go backward, he would have given him eyes in the back of his head." Victor Hugo

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott
God tolerates our choice to not do good. God isn't the author of it. God gets blamed for a lot of shit.

My perception of God is based upon the physical, biological and moral laws of nature. I believe it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence and I believe that there must be a first cause and that that first cause must be eternal and unchanging which means beyond energy and matter. I believe that Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. This is a life‑breeding universe because the constant presence of mind made it so and imbued His creation with His attributes. My perception of God is that God is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite intelligence, infinite wisdom, infinite knowledge, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite justice, infinite mercy, infinite kindness and infinite goodness. I am not saying God has those attributes. I am saying God is those attributes. The polar opposite of those attributes are not extant. They only exist as the negation of the attribute. And that's how I know God is good and compassionate. Because good and compassion exist.

So, no. God isn't political at all.

I doubt that God is a liberal since so many of the liberals reject him and don't believe in him. Liberals tend to be very good at holding to their own. If God were a liberal, the liberals would attempt to force all to believe in him. Those who hate God and despise those who love God tend to flock to liberalism.

I have searched the scriptures from front to back.........and no where can I find the Books of Chamfort, Hugo or Lamott.

Again when addressing a question about religion..........allow the word of God to define "Gods" take on the subject.

What do the scriptures declare about who SPEAKS FOR GOD in the age of the New Testament Covenant? "God after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these LAST DAYS (the last covenant between man and God as defined in Acts 2) has spoken to us in HIS SON." -- Hebrews 1:1-2.

One has to be "MATURE" and not act as child in PLAYING RELIGION to understand and comprehend the simple messages delivered by the Christ through Himself and those who acted as His Proxy after His ascension....the personally chosen Apostles whose mission was to establish the word of God as doctrine in the early days of the New Testament Covenant.

"Yet we (apostles) do speak wisdom to those who are mature; a wisdom however not of this age nor of the rulers of this age; who are passing away; but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery; the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory." -- 1 Cor. 2:6-7

Seems kinda of Conservative to introduce a PREDESTINED WISDOM from "before" the current generation or from the past.

The Christ Jesus? Was He liberal or conservative in His nature as God incarnate? Jesus was the quint essential conservative....He was born under the Law, born of a Woman, and was the only human ever to walk His entire life from birth under the regulations established under THE OLD LAW (which was still in effect until the Christ declared with His last mortal breath, IT IS FINISHED. It has taken God in the Flesh (God incarnate.....Jesus) to walk that conservative, letter of the law path that Jesus had to walk His entire life without sinning once.

Hebrews 4:15 Gal. 3:26-47

What? Is someone now going to hit Christians with the absurd, oxymoronic phrase (which is contradictory by nature) and charge them as being NEO CONSERVATIVES? The term is laughable, its root meaning contradicts the term itself. NEO means NEW and Conservative mean talking advise from the OLD NATURE. So......the term is the NEW OLD individual. LMAO

Last edited:

Forum List

Back