Is Exorcism legit?

Yes it is legit.
It's medical and pseudo-religious quackery.
Really? Who says. And how do you explain multiple personalities and possessions
Catholic “charities” run mental hospitals, psychiatric wards, and private insane asylums where they administer mind-altering drugs against their victims' will among other abominations.
Exorcism isn't just a Roman Catholic thing at all, mort
It's 100% Catholic, unless you count the pre-Christian Roman Pagan religion today popularized with astrology and horoscopes in the daily newspapers.
Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions
An “Ave Maria” to an icon or idol on the shelf is awfully vain repetition, or occult incantation, as if one were to assume the power to cast out one demon by calling on another.

No Mortimer, the body can only house one spirit.

Really? Who says. And how do you explain multiple personalities and possessions?
Eastern mystics.
Psychiatry can explain these medical conditions.
Not everyone in the world is a literalist Christian.

A witch doctor in Borneo can explain the Sun and the Moon.

Doesn't make him right.

Psychiatry: the most inexact of the "sciences."

Or dangerous and do other christian denominations have it too or even other world religions or just Catholics?

Er-mp4FXEAMkoQx
According to Scripture, Jesus defeated Satan.

According to the Vatican, Satan is not defeated? And the Rosary - not Jesus - is what would defeat him?

Christ called demons out, so we know they are there. Finding someone actually qualified to expel one is another story.
But, here is what you should have gleaned from the picture you posted:
Notice who the priest gave the glory to. Not Christ, but a Catholic concoction.
That priest just lied to you. Beads on a string have no power. Zero. Satan knows that. Beads don't scare Satan one bit.
And, repeating a group of words over and over is called praying in rote and it is worthless,
God doesn't want to hear what someone else says. He wants to here from you.

Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions

I know that you are wrong, but it takes time to explain it to you. I know that because I read some catholic stuff, and I know it is also founded in the Bible and not wrong. But I respect you IrishRam, you know you are a good person to me. So lets just agree to disagree.

Honey, there are 7 churches that will accompany Christ into the Temple. 7 candlesticks. None of them are Catholic. Catholics added to and took away from scripture so much that they ended up with a different Bible. That they encourage. Eve added to God's word, and it cost us everything.
It is why I kept cautioning you about praying for wisdom and especially discernment so you would recognize when you were being taught scripture that has been tampered with. <(by any denomination) Even atheists can use scripture to prove their point. SATAN tempted Christ with scripture. Christ defeated those temptations through scripture. The priest in your post gave the glory and power to some beads instead of the cross.
And that is false doctrine. As was no fish on Fri., and purgatory among others. For example:
Christ ate fish on Fri. because He was hungry. But, if you eat no fish on Fri. TO HONOR GOD, He will count it as righteousness on your part. OR If you eat fish on Fri. TO HONOR GOD, He will count it as righteousness on your part. Purgatory is another example of Catholic dogma.
As for purgatory it does not exist.
Absent from the body, means present with the Lord:
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord
No layovers, straight up.

On demonic possession, and this is important:
When a spirit is forced out of a body, it creates a void. If the void remains, the demonic spirit will just move right back in, with some of his friends. It is imperative that the person fill that void with the Holy Spirit. That Spirit is the equivalent of a "No Vacancy" sign.

Matthew: 43-45 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.
.”

Nothing about magic beads anywhere in that scripture. Accept the Holy Spirit and demons flee. When light shows up, darkness flees. The proof is in something as simple as a light switch...

God Bless You, Svet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back