Is Exorcism legit?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Or dangerous and do other christian denominations have it too or even other world religions or just Catholics?

Er-mp4FXEAMkoQx

No its not legit.
Science has shown that when people think they are communicating with spirits like God or Satan, it is really just the separation of the 2 halves of the brain. We have a lot of parallel processing going on in the brain, and it seems like a whole different entity is talking to us, but its not.

I once heard a guy who was attacked by demons.

He said "I don't know why it's different...but you catholics are doing something right...even the holy water worked".

I am catholic. Always have been!

Exorcism isn't just a Roman Catholic thing at all, mort.

Back in the early 1980's , I used to listen to a program "Talk Back with Bob Larson" that was on the radio. It was a talk show, based out of Denver, and Larson was definitely not Catholic.

Anywho, one of his favorite calls to take was people in need of deliverance from possessive demons. It was really interesting listening to it on my commute home back then from my job.

Rev. Larson used to boss around the demons, keep them at bay during his appeals for contributions,, and debate them tremendously well before ridding the callers of them.

No its not legit.
Science has shown that when people think they are communicating with spirits like God or Satan, it is really just the separation of the 2 halves of the brain. We have a lot of parallel processing going on in the brain, and it seems like a whole different entity is talking to us, but its not.
Science has shown you're full of shit

Or dangerous and do other christian denominations have it too or even other world religions or just Catholics?

Er-mp4FXEAMkoQx
Do you expect truth from a demon?

Follow JESUS and not your Popes.

Jesus chastised people for REPETITIVE prayers. They have no power. Jesus talked to God as His father. Not with REPETITIVE prayers.

Er-mp4FXEAMkoQx
Do you expect truth from a demon?

Follow JESUS and not your Popes.

Jesus chastised people for REPETITIVE prayers. They have no power. Jesus talked to God as His father. Not with REPETITIVE prayers.

You know little about christianity, the holy scriptures etc. I could correct you with the Bible, but I dont feel like it and you will still believe what you want to believe so it would be a waste of time.

Christ called demons out, so we know they are there. Finding someone actually qualified to expel one is another story.
But, here is what you should have gleaned from the picture you posted:
Notice who the priest gave the glory to. Not Christ, but a Catholic concoction.
That priest just lied to you. Beads on a string have no power. Zero. Satan knows that. Beads don't scare Satan one bit.
And, repeating a group of words over and over is called praying in rote and it is worthless,
God doesn't want to hear what someone else says. He wants to here from you.

Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions

Christ called demons out, so we know they are there. Finding someone actually qualified to expel one is another story.
But, here is what you should have gleaned from the picture you posted:
Notice who the priest gave the glory to. Not Christ, but a Catholic concoction.
That priest just lied to you. Beads on a string have no power. Zero. Satan knows that. Beads don't scare Satan one bit.
And, repeating a group of words over and over is called praying in rote and it is worthless,
God doesn't want to hear what someone else says. He wants to here from you.

Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions

I know that you are wrong, but it takes time to explain it to you. I know that because I read some catholic stuff, and I know it is also founded in the Bible and not wrong. But I respect you IrishRam, you know you are a good person to me. So lets just agree to disagree.

Forum List

Back