Is Everybody Ready For Winter?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I can't believe I'm saying this, but now that Thanksgiving is over I do believe I am. My summer clothes have been put away for quite a long time now and I'm pretty excited for possibly going on a sleigh ride and sled riding next month if there's snow. :)

Winter sucks so bad for me and I live in Florida. Can't imagine what it's like having to deal with snow for weeks on end while trying to earn a living. No wonder alcoholism is rampant in cold climates. Some people say that they like the seasons. I do too. That's why I live in a place that mostly skips the crappy ones.

I hate the cold and snow but it is what it is. The only year I ever enjoyed snow was when we got paid very well one year every time we were paid to move a chit load of it with all Rod's equipment. I'd be perfectly happy just looking at the pretty pics of it and the icicles hanging off everything.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now that Thanksgiving is over I do believe I am. My summer clothes have been put away for quite a long time now and I'm pretty excited for possibly going on a sleigh ride and sled riding next month if there's snow. :)

I do not love "deep winter", when it just snows and snows here and is unrelentingly cold. And our springs in MI come too late. However, I am an avid walker and had one of the most lovely walks this morning. Snow flurries, and the kind of deep quiet than only comes with winter settling in.

5vnvjy.jpg

Winter sucks so bad for me and I live in Florida. Can't imagine what it's like having to deal with snow for weeks on end while trying to earn a living. No wonder alcoholism is rampant in cold climates. Some people say that they like the seasons. I do too. That's why I live in a place that mostly skips the crappy ones.
I've never heard that alcoholism is more rampant in cold climates than it is in warm climates. What I do know? Is that drug abuse, and alcohol abuse, mirror more closely to economic opportunity; it is a form of self-medication, as folks need a sense of purpose and a reason to get out of bed in the morning. It is self-medication for depression when folks have no purpose or self-esteem, nothing to do with. . . . "the weather." :rolleyes:
Or, when folks have no sense of fulfillment or real faith in the career that they ARE doing.

Most intelligent folks know, the economic opportunities have tended to, in the late last century, to follow the sun. So, that may be the cause of your ignorance.

Now, if you have any. . uh, links to prove otherwise? Sure, post that shit up.

I seriously doubt, a person that loves their job, their family, their friends, and has a fulfilling life, is going to become an alcoholic or dope fiend. . . just because of a little cold.

That is the dumbest, most ignorant thing I have ever heard. :20:

I've never heard that alcoholism is more rampant in cold climates than it is in warm climates. What I do know? Is that drug abuse, and alcohol abuse, mirror more closely to economic opportunity; it is a form of self-medication, as folks need a sense of purpose and a reason to get out of bed in the morning. It is self-medication for depression when folks have no purpose or self-esteem, nothing to do with. . . . "the weather." :rolleyes:
Or, when folks have no sense of fulfillment or real faith in the career that they ARE doing.

Most intelligent folks know, the economic opportunities have tended to, in the late last century, to follow the sun. So, that may be the cause of your ignorance.

Now, if you have any. . uh, links to prove otherwise? Sure, post that shit up.

I seriously doubt, a person that loves their job, their family, their friends, and has a fulfilling life, is going to become an alcoholic or dope fiend. . . just because of a little cold.

That is the dumbest, most ignorant thing I have ever heard. :20:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=alcoholism+more+prevalent+in+cold+climates

I love winter. . . up until . . . . . the ice carnival and snowfest in late January/early February.

After that, it starts to get old. Haven't been in a long while, but it's nice to know, it is always there in case I am up for it. And? That is just about the time I am done with winter.

I was surprised they didn't cancel it last year, it was really warm, and with that stupid disease going around. . .

Recovering Alcoholic Here..
Fuck NO I'm Not Ready...

I live in Western Pennsylvania, and Winters have gone from interesting to just-plain-crappy. Accumulating snow can be fun, but when it just snows enough to fuck up the roads every other day for six months, that's no fun.

This is a downside of global warming, I think.

I like winter, because I like the stillness, the feel of everything on dormant but waiting. The way the stars seem so clear and bright. I like drinking hot tea and hot chocolate, and taking my dogs to Coopers Rocks when the gate is closed so there are no vehicles. And waiting for the light to return.

I like winter, because I like the stillness, the feel of everything on dormant but waiting. The way the stars seem so clear and bright. I like drinking hot tea and hot chocolate, and taking my dogs to Coopers Rocks when the gate is closed so there are no vehicles. And waiting for the light to return.

You must like it,.. you're actually acting normal again back when I used to like you and you didn't turn into a crazy psychopath.

We woke up to 3 inches of snow on the ground this morning! First snow of the season!

It was beautiful, all stuck to the bare tree limbs and the pine trees....it was picture perfect! Christmas Card worthy!

Forum List

Back