Is DRUDGE wrong to note these images of President Obama?

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head

Or is it fair to say that the President behaves very oddly toward other heads of state?

1:
r189563115.jpg
U.S. President Barack Obama hugs Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington April 12, 2010.

2:
capt.52d493edeb0243ef84cbfc87f58f4b6a-52d493edeb0243ef84cbfc87f58f4b6a-0.jpg
An image from Yahoo Images (slightly different than the one on Drudge) featuring President oBOWman acting obsequious again.

2b: The DRUDGE lead image:
r1745302319.jpg

President oBOWma doing his bowing thing from a slightly different angle.

3:
r816130202.jpg
A slightly different form of diplomacy taken with regard to our arguably closest ally, the Canadians. "U.S. President Barack Obama (R) greets Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington April 12, 2010.

If memory serves, this President also pointed his finger in the face of the Israeli PM recently while making a "point" of some sort.

WTF is wrong with this man?

How you greet a foreign dignitary depends alot on what is acceptable in that person's culture.

How you greet a foreign dignitary depends alot on what is acceptable in that person's culture.
There is some truth in that, coyote.

The Asian cultures do a lot of "bowing," as most of us have observed, but most American Presidents don't do it.

A warm embrace for a foreign leader is all fine and dandy, but to offer such a display of "affection" for the man from Venezuela and yet to point a finger in the face of the guy from Canada is just plain rude.

Canadians, by the way, as a rule, are no more pleased with the rude behavior of having a finger pointed at them than we are here in the United States. (I speak with some authority on that topic, having some Canadian forebears.) I suppose I could be mistaken, but I kinda believe that the Israelis aren't all that taken with the rudeness of a finger in the face, either.

Let's see on a scale of one to ten, random pictures of our president greeting others would rate minus a thousand, or maybe farther down. Seems brainless Drudge has run out of nonsense so now he is into absurdity. What does it say for American partisan lunatics when this is their idea of news? Or commentary? Brain dead would be too kind.

"Crude absurdities, trivial nonsense, and sublime truths are equally potent in readying people for self-sacrifice if they are accepted as the sole, eternal truth." Eric Hoffer

It is not so much the how as the who.

and the how also.

Kowtowing to the chinese and the Saudis..... embracing Chavez, fingers in the face of the Israelis and the Canadians, we are seeing a pattern here.

He is polite to creeps and rude to our friends

Let's see on a scale of one to ten, random pictures of our president greeting others would rate minus a thousand, or maybe farther down. Seems brainless Drudge has run out of nonsense so now he is into absurdity. What does it say for American partisan lunatics when this is their idea of news? Or commentary? Brain dead would be too kind.

Your estimate of the scale (of something or other) is pretty shitty guesswork by you.

Of course, that's just your partisan nature being put on display.

That you have no legitimate answer to the question raised by the undeniable truth of the images is crystal clear, partisan hackboi.

It is not so much the how as the who.

and the how also.

Kowtowing to the chinese and the Saudis..... embracing Chavez, fingers in the face of the Israelis and the Canadians, we are seeing a pattern here.

He is polite to creeps and rude to our friends

Exactly!

You hit that nail square on the head!

He is polite to creeps and rude to our friends!

And -- sadly -- many partisan liberal hack Obamaphiles have no problem with this.

The Asian cultures do a lot of "bowing," as most of us have observed, but most American Presidents don't do it.

A warm embrace for a foreign leader is all fine and dandy, but to offer such a display of "affection" for the man from Venezuela and yet to point a finger in the face of the guy from Canada is just plain rude.

But what is the context? Each picture is in isolation. Some are clearly greetings, but when he is pointing a finger - is it gesturing in the middle of a talk between them? Joking between them? I am suspicious about isolated pictures as I am of isolated quotes.

Not sure about Chavez.

Canadians, by the way, as a rule, are no more pleased with the rude behavior of having a finger pointed at them than we are here in the United States. (I speak with some authority on that topic, having some Canadian forebears.) I suppose I could be mistaken, but I kinda believe that the Israelis aren't all that taken with the rudeness of a finger in the face, either.

Drudge wouldn't have a politcal hack axe to grind would he? Nah!!!! :cuckoo:

I wonder why he didn't post this picture? :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 9991

Drudge might have a degree of partisan affiliation. Who doesn't?

Now show us the one of our illustrious President sticking his finger in the face of the President of Venezuela or the Chinese Premiere.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Any idea what he might have been saying to the Canadian PM? I didn't think so. I know you are familar with the old term of "intent matters and it matters alot". So does context......and you have none.

But what is the context? Each picture is in isolation. Some are clearly greetings, but when he is pointing a finger - is it gesturing in the middle of a talk between them? Joking between them? I am suspicious about isolated pictures as I am of isolated quotes.

Not sure about Chavez.

Again, a fair question.

From reading the captions that go along with all of the Yahoo images (links embedded in the images), it is apparent that in each case, the photo op was the "meet and greet" beginning of the Summit.

And when, exactly, is it considered appropriate to stick your finger in the face of a respected fellow world "leader?"

View attachment 9991

Now show us the one of our illustrious President sticking his finger in the face of the President of Venezuela or the Chinese Premiere.

Any idea what he might have been saying to the Canadian PM? I didn't think so. I know you are familar with the old term of "intent matters and it matters alot". So does context......and you have none.

So you have no valid come-back? That is as I suspected.

An image of President Obama appearing civil and polite with the Canadian PM constituted "proof" enough for you of the partisan hack-istry of Drudge. But you cannot show the President sticking his finger in the faces of other world leaders, so your rejoinder is exposed as bullshit.

Not a surprise.

Bullshit is all we expect from you and pretty much all you ever offer.

Or is it fair to say that the President behaves very oddly toward other heads of state?

1:
r189563115.jpg
U.S. President Barack Obama hugs Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington April 12, 2010.

2:
capt.52d493edeb0243ef84cbfc87f58f4b6a-52d493edeb0243ef84cbfc87f58f4b6a-0.jpg
An image from Yahoo Images (slightly different than the one on Drudge) featuring President oBOWman acting obsequious again.

2b: The DRUDGE lead image:
r1745302319.jpg

President oBOWma doing his bowing thing from a slightly different angle.

3:
r816130202.jpg
A slightly different form of diplomacy taken with regard to our arguably closest ally, the Canadians. "U.S. President Barack Obama (R) greets Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington April 12, 2010.

If memory serves, this President also pointed his finger in the face of the Israeli PM recently while making a "point" of some sort.

WTF is wrong with this man?

Perhaps he was saying, "The can is behind that curtain"?

The bottom line is "I don't remember Bush ever calling such a summit". Oh wait, now I remember why. After Bush lied to the rest of the world, they thought Bush and the Republicans were MORE dangerous than al Qaeda. Even Vicente Fox, the ONE leader Bush thought liked him, told everyone that Cowboy George was "afraid" of horses.

Republicans have lied so much to America and the Rest of the World, they are "frustrated" no one believes anything they say. And with good reason. If only a few would learn how to read, they could read the story of, "The Boy who cried Wolf".

Last edited by a moderator:

So you have no valid come-back? That is as I suspected.

An image of President Obama appearing civil and polite with the Canadian PM constituted "proof" enough for you of the partisan hack-istry of Drudge. But you cannot show the President sticking his finger in the faces of other world leaders, so your rejoinder is exposed as bullshit.

Not a surprise.

Bullshit is all we expect from you and pretty much all you ever offer.

Hey fuckwit, you made the accusation with no context, so my point was very valid. Don't get you panties in a wad when someone calls you on you jumping rope to hack conclusions. The pic I posted gives another perspective. Are they friendly with one another or not? Based on the two pictures, it could be either. And isn't it amazing that the post right before mine made the same point and you thought it was a fair question. I shouldn't get under your skin that much.......should I? :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 9991

or Australian, or the representative from the EU, or India....or Japan....

Perhaps this is much ado about nothing?

Wrong?

Not sure if it's wrong but if he's using them to make the POTUS look bad he's certainly being dishonest.

View attachment 9991

Just a little ODS or in Liability's case, PMS.

View attachment 9991

Your response was pointless. He stuck his finger in the face of the CANADIAN PM and some time earlier (different venue) in the face of the ISRAELI PM. Nobody is arguing that he is obligated to stick his finger in the face of EVERY one of our closer allies.

What's telling is that he DOES it ONLY to allies (if not all allies) and NEVER to the ones who are nominally on less than friendly terms with us.

Perhaps you are straining to make it seem smaller than it is?

New Topics

Forum List

Back