Is Cruz Cheating? He is Under Fire for Sending Iowans Controversial Letter

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
image.jpg

Ted Cruz's campaign is under fire for a mailer it sent out in Iowa that is designed to look like an official government document.

The mailers tell the recipients they have a "voting violation" for failing to caucus in previous elections, and grades them on an A to F basis, Politico reports. The paper has the words "official public record at the top," and also includes actual names of the recipients neighbors.

Republican Secretary of State Paul Pate slammed the campaign, saying the mailer "misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law.”

Cruz Campaign Under Fire for Sending Iowans Controversial Letter

3519464264_5242fa4d79.jpg

Man, that's pretty fucking low. But I'm not sure what's worse....that Cruz would do this, or that people might actually be duped by it.

image.jpg

Ted Cruz's campaign is under fire for a mailer it sent out in Iowa that is designed to look like an official government document.

The mailers tell the recipients they have a "voting violation" for failing to caucus in previous elections, and grades them on an A to F basis, Politico reports. The paper has the words "official public record at the top," and also includes actual names of the recipients neighbors.

Republican Secretary of State Paul Pate slammed the campaign, saying the mailer "misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law.”

Cruz Campaign Under Fire for Sending Iowans Controversial Letter

3519464264_5242fa4d79.jpg

From your link:
My bold.

Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said the notice is “a standard mailer that folks at the Iowa Republican Party and other get-out-the-vote groups have used to help motivate low-propensity voters,” according to Politico.

So according to your link this is not the first time this form has been used, but suddenly everyone is all pissed off about it, well not everyone. Also according you your link, the guy raising a stink is a Rubio supporter.

Man, that's pretty fucking low. But I'm not sure what's worse....that Cruz would do this, or that people might actually be duped by it.
Define "cheating".

He didn't break any laws.
Cheating is one of those things that crosses both the spectrum of legal AND illegal.
You cheat on your taxes that's illegal. You CAN go to prison.
You cheat on your spouse that's not illegal.

So it cannot be solely defined by law only actions.

Right, it doesn't have to be illegal.. but Morally and Ethically it affects the character of that person.

What Cruz did reminds of when that trash New York rag released the names of gun owners. That was ALSO legal but was it right? I say no and his polls very shortly WILL reflect that rather stupid choice on his part.

Im just curious how many Hillary apologists will take this and try to make it bigger than her treasonous acts.

Last edited:
Define "cheating".

Cheating is one of those things that crosses both the spectrum of legal AND illegal.

Cheating is the violation of some rule. Not all rules are laws. In marriage, the rule to be not engage in amorous activities with other people is a personal rule between you and your spouse.

From your link:
My bold.

Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said the notice is “a standard mailer that folks at the Iowa Republican Party and other get-out-the-vote groups have used to help motivate low-propensity voters,” according to Politico.

So according to your link this is not the first time this form has been used, but suddenly everyone is all pissed off about it, well not everyone. Also according you your link, the guy raising a stink is a Rubio supporter.

From a voter in this area replied to this comment in Bold
There may have been other similar mailers but the ones have seen so far, they did not use people's names and they did not show up looking like an official document.

From your link:
My bold.

There may have been other similar mailers but the ones have seen so far, they did not use people's names and they did not show up looking like an official document.

Ever thought the State might stop trying to make a buck by selling this information to campaigns, PACs and others. Sure it's public record, but do you honestly think campaigns would go to the expense of compiling it themselves. The State serves it up on a silver platter, all just to make money.

From your link:
My bold.

Ever thought the State might stop trying to make a buck by selling this information to campaigns, PACs and others. Sure it's public record, but do you honestly think campaigns would go to the expense of compiling it themselves. The State serves it up on a silver platter, all just to make money.
I think they get it for nothing using the FOIA. Or just copy costs.

From your link:
My bold.

According to articles I've read the information is licensed (sold) to political organizations, ever know a State to license anything for free?

Define "cheating".

Cheating is the violation of some rule. Not all rules are laws. In marriage, the rule to be not engage in amorous activities with other people is a personal rule between you and your spouse.
Overall I think this Cruz news will go from bad to worse.
BAD? He shot himself in the foot.
WORSE? His foot was still in his mouth.

From your link:
My bold.

According to articles I've read the information is licensed (sold) to political organizations, ever know a State to license anything for free?
Could well be. More to come out I'm sure.

From your link:
My bold.

Could well be. More to come out I'm sure.

Voter Registration List Requests

New Topics

Forum List

Back