Zone1 Is CORPUS CHRISTI DAY (German: Fronleichnam) an official holiday where you live?

Is CORPUS CHRISTI DAY (German: Fronleichnam) an official holiday where you live?

• Total voters
@ this day in Spain:

Are you ready to talk a bit about religion? Whether you are Catholic or not, I think it is an interesting topic that will give you the knowledge and help you understand and respect those who celebrate this festivity.

It was not invented by the Church until the 14 th century . Invented = dreamt up .
Another meaningless piece of Cult instruction to ensure deeper and wider Sheeple compliance .
Handed out as a never ending miracle event to keep you in awe and fear .

From reading in this forum I know that there are also some Catholics here.
Do they know this day?

As it seems, these processions are rarer these days.

It has become an ugly and un-pleasant habit in Germany, to mock this holiday in the most tasteless way.

How is it in your countries?

Attend a Corpus Christi procession​

To this day, the Fronleichnamprozession is still seen as a symbolic embodiment of contemporary Bavarian Christianity.

Although some of the most famous Feast of Corpus Christi processions take place in more rural communities outside Germany's major cities, processions can also be seen in cities such as Munich and Frankfurt. The Feast of Corpus Christi processions usually begin early in the morning, so plan your visit accordingly if you don’t want to miss out on witnessing these magnificent processions.

Well said!

Here I have created a simple poll with yes and no

Now I will create another one, of a different sort.

Forum List

Back