Is climate change a "contentious" issue ? Really ?

The fact that climate changes and has been continuously changing for the entire history of our planet isn't contentious. The fact that the earth is warming and has been for nearly 12,000 years isn't contentious. The fact that all of recorded human history falls within a period of continuous global warming and we have thrived because of it isn't contentious.

Some of the things that are contentious are:

The exact mechanism that causes climate to change. That is contentious.

That fear is as effective as reason for determining what to do about it, and when. That is contentious.

Exactly what changes we can expect in the next century or later and how that will affect human civilization. That is contentious.

What steps should be taken to ameliorate the affects of climate change, if any, and what will be their intended, and unintended consequences of those steps would be. That is contentious.

That giving additional power and money to governments and politicians will have an effect on the climate (for good or ill) is certainly contentious.

So, there is a contentious aspect to the topic of Climate Change.

Dear me. It is only contentious amongst oil company executives and the gullible drones that parrot their fake science.

Then you're not gonna like this

Or this

Or that

Dear me. It is only contentious amongst oil company executives and the gullible drones that parrot their fake science.

The only thing good about your posts is that we can't hear your dopey accent.

Listen, Bozo, here's the problem with you climate harpies in a nutshell. You don't have any solutions. Your biggest policy proposal, the Paris Accords, was nothing more than stripping a lot of wealth out of rich countries, primarily the US, to fly a bunch of globalist elitists to luxury hotels in exciting places to attend a never-ending series of conferences where they would listen to well-fed policy mavens report on well-funded studies about the world's ever-increasing "carbon footprint".

Meanwhile, there is one simple policy change that could be enacted tomorrow that would do more to slow the world's ever-increasing carbon footprint than all the stupid "offsets" and wind farms combined. But the globalists would rather roast us all like Thanksgiving turkeys than enact this particular policy change.

That simple change is: close the borders. End the mass migration flow from low carbon footprint countries closer to the equator to the high carbon footprint countries in the frigid north. But flooding white countries with non-whites is way more important to the globalists than some climate crap that 98% hysteria. They will NEVER allow white countries to protect themselves from the ongoing invasion and let us stop mass immigration, proving what fucking sinister lying hypocrites the whole climate gang is and what fucking destructive useless dupes guys like you are.

Listen, Bozo, here's the problem with you climate harpies in a nutshell. You don't have any solutions. Your biggest policy proposal, the Paris Accords, was nothing more than stripping a lot of wealth out of rich countries, primarily the US, to fly a bunch of globalist elitists to luxury hotels in exciting places to attend a never-ending series of conferences where they would listen to well-fed policy mavens report on well-funded studies about the world's ever-increasing "carbon footprint".

Meanwhile, there is one simple policy change that could be enacted tomorrow that would do more to slow the world's ever-increasing carbon footprint than all the stupid "offsets" and wind farms combined. But the globalists would rather roast us all like Thanksgiving turkeys than enact this particular policy change.

That simple change is: close the borders. End the mass migration flow from low carbon footprint countries closer to the equator to the high carbon footprint countries in the frigid north. But flooding white countries with non-whites is way more important to the globalists than some climate crap that 98% hysteria. They will NEVER allow white countries to protect themselves from the ongoing invasion and let us stop mass immigration, proving what fucking sinister lying hypocrites the whole climate gang is and what fucking destructive useless dupes guys like you are.

I just knew it was the fault of the "darkies". Thanks for clearing that up for me in an easy to understand way.

The fact that climate changes and has been continuously changing for the entire history of our planet isn't contentious. The fact that the earth is warming and has been for nearly 12,000 years isn't contentious. The fact that all of recorded human history falls within a period of continuous global warming and we have thrived because of it isn't contentious.

That fear is as effective as reason for determining what to do about it, and when. That is contentious.

Exactly what changes we can expect in the next century or later and how that will affect human civilization. That is contentious.

What steps should be taken to ameliorate the affects of climate change, if any, and what will be their intended, and unintended consequences of those steps would be. That is contentious.

That giving additional power and money to governments and politicians will have an effect on the climate (for good or ill) is certainly contentious.

So, there is a contentious aspect to the topic of Climate Change.
It's a well known fact that to tackle any problem, all that needs to be done is raise taxes and give it to those in government.

Once achieved, the lion will once again lie with the lamb in a peaceful utopian society.

I just knew it was the fault of the "darkies". Thanks for clearing that up for me in an easy to understand way.

You make my point for me. You'll scream obediently like a little school girl about the perils of climate change but then oppose an actual solution because that would be rayciss -- exactly as I said you would. Meanwhile those "darkies" pouring into your country are mass raping actual little school girls and you are too much of a sissy to protect them because that would be rayciss. You aren't even a man. You are beneath contempt.

You make my point for me. You'll scream obediently like a little school girl about the perils of climate change but then oppose an actual solution because that would be rayciss -- exactly as I said you would. Meanwhile those "darkies" pouring into your country are mass raping actual little school girls and you are too much of a sissy to protect them because that would be rayciss. You aren't even a man. You are beneath contempt.

You have not produced any solution. Your rant was just evidence of how crazy the deniers are. Get some help.

Neither "denier" nor "concensus" are scientific terms, they are used as Secret handshake identifiers by members of the AGW Moonbat Lunatic Fringe Cult

That is utter nonsense. The very nearly unanimous opinion of active climate scientists is that the global warming of the last 150 years is being caused by the greenhouse effect acting on excess CO2 produced by the combustion of fossil fuels. You knew that was a fact several years ago, you just seem to lack the honesty to admit it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back