Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

I guess I was wrong about you. I thought there was hope for you to see the light.

Aha - now I know why I told you what I told you in the begining.

You are still stuck in the trap that everyone falls into in this world. I had hoped better for you, but all your efforts have only succeeded in deepening the well you fallen into. If you grow weary of your dank abode and begin to seek the truth, I may still be here to help you. But I'm not going to be here much longer. My time grow short for this world. I will soon become one with the Creator again.

Aha. In which psychiatric clinic?

May your way serve you well.
:lol: ...

The Catholic Church declared December 25th Christ's birthday under the reign of emperor Constantine in the year 336 ad.

Better to say: It never existed any documented date for Christmas in Rome which we know before Constantine had lived.

This is documented history,

It is not. The oldest written source is from Furius Dionysius Filocalus who used this date in his Chronograph which he made 354 for the Christian aristocrat Valentius - but no one knows whether this has something to do with Constatine or not. Hieronymus (347-420) said it always had been celebrated in Rome at this date.

all you need to do is look it up for yourself and then you will begin to understand the truth about Christianity.

Why do you not just simple tell us the truth about Christianity?

Aha - now I know why I told you what I told you in the begining.

Aha. In which psychiatric clinic?

:lol: ...

Christianity is based on Judaism, Judaism was a tribal religion to begin with, that had multiple gods. And every time the Jews were conquered or moved their association with others altered their religious beliefs gradually changing to monotheism with their association with Egypt's reign of Amenhotep III. Yet you believe it is the truth of the worlds. Who do you think belongs in a psychiatric clinic now ? Might never did make right. Christianity is the greatest lie ever told. Fools rush into it to this very day. GOD regrets this insanity that has overcome his creations. We were meant for so much more.

Christianity is based on Judaism, Judaism was a tribal religion to begin with, that had multiple gods. And every time the Jews were conquered or moved their association with others altered their religious beliefs gradually changing to monotheism with their association with Egypt's reign of Amenhotep III. Yet you believe it is the truth of the worlds. Who do you think belongs in a psychiatric clinic now ?

You - because you think you are from time to time one with a "thing" you don't believe in. That's absurde. You don't sound like [a] god.

Might never did make right. Christianity is the greatest lie ever told.

And who says that this lie is not true?

Fools rush into it to this very day. GOD

My daddy? What did she do?

regrets this insanity that has overcome his creations.

God regrets? ... Never heard anything about. ... Makes not really a big sense in my form to think. God is compassion - god is love - but ¿regret? ... Hmmm ... Where from comes this "wisdom"? Someone feels regret when he made something wrong. Made god something wrong? ...

We were meant for so much more.

?
I guess I was made to be what I am. ... By the way: Do you really think god "mutates" from a plurality into a singularity because someone is calling god "the monotheistic god"? And did you ever think about what bronce age people were able to know and what they were not able to know? And what would we know today at all when hunters and gatherers did not start to ...

Last edited:
You - because you think you are from time to time one with a "thing" you don't believe in. That's absurde. You don't sound like [a] god.

And who says that this lie is not true?

My daddy? What did she do?

God regrets? ... Never heard anything about. ... Makes not really a big sense in my form to think. God is compassion - god is love - but ¿regret? ... Hmmm ... Where from comes this "wisdom"? Someone feels regret when he made something wrong. Made god something wrong? ...

?
I guess I was made to be what I am. ... By the way: Do you really think god "mutates" from a plurality into a singularity because someone is calling god "the monotheistic god"? And did you ever think about what bronce age people were able to know and what they were not able to know? And what would we know today at all when hunters and gatherers did not start to ...

These are not my conclusions, but the recordings of historians ( although the Jews embellished their history a lot they were relatively good historians ) and religious scholars. Monotheism did not become popular among the Jews until after their time in Egypt, that too is historically documented. If you're going to have a discussion it's best to be informed by facts not just religious dogma. Religion is 99.9% fiction, if it was just facts it would fall flat on its face.

These are not my conclusions, but the recordings of historians ( although the Jews embellished their history a lot they were relatively good historians ) and religious scholars. Monotheism did not become popular among the Jews until after their time in Egypt, that too is historically documented. If you're going to have a discussion it's best to be informed by facts not just religious dogma. Religion is 99.9% fiction, if it was just facts it would fall flat on its face.

You need polytheistic Jews and the ancient Egypt culture to use them to attack Christians because you know more about Egypt some thousand years ago than about Christmas of the year 2021? What about first to go with Moses out of the slavery of death in Egypt into the land where milk and honey flows before to arrive in the birth of god in the Bethlehem around the next corner?

You need polytheistic Jews and the ancient Egypt culture to use them to attack Christians because you know more about Egypt some thousand years ago than about Christmas of the year 2021? What about first to go with Moses out of the slavery of death in Egypt into the land where milk and honey flows before to arrive in the birth of god in the Bethlehem around the next corner?

I'm just stating facts, if you perceive them as an attack on Christianity, so be it. The truth needs no defense. Upon his conversion Paul declared Jesus as the son of God in the synagogue. It took the Christian church a bit longer to declare Jesus God that did not happen until Constantine became a Christian and their persecution ended. The council of nicea did that. The council of Ephesus in the middle of the 5th century declared Jesus both fully human and fully divine. Early Christians, did not define themselves as such, they simply were followers of the man Jesus Christ.

I'm just stating facts, if you perceive them as an attack on Christianity, so be it. The truth needs no defense. Upon his conversion Paul declared Jesus as the son of God in the synagogue. It took the Christian church a bit longer to declare Jesus God that did not happen until Constantine became a Christian and their persecution ended. The council of nicea did that. The council of Ephesus in the middle of the 5th century declared Jesus both fully human and fully divine. Early Christians, did not define themselves as such, they simply were followers of the man Jesus Christ.
Keep it in mind that Jesus was a rabbi.

The Catholic Church declared December 25th Christ's birthday under the reign of emperor Constantine in the year 336 ad. This is documented history, all you need to do is look it up for yourself and then you will begin to understand the truth about Christianity.
Just so you understand...the shepherds are the big clue...the growing season there is out of whack with north America.

Just so you understand...the shepherds are the big clue...the growing season there is out of whack with north America.
The biblical experts who explained this we're talking about the growing season in the Holy Land. Why were they even care about the growing season in North America.

Better to say: It never existed any documented date for Christmas in Rome which we know before Constantine had lived.

It is not. The oldest written source is from Furius Dionysius Filocalus who used this date in his Chronograph which he made 354 for the Christian aristocrat Valentius - but no one knows whether this has something to do with Constatine or not. Hieronymus (347-420) said it always had been celebrated in Rome at this date.

Why do you not just simple tell us the truth about Christianity?
In Ancient Rome, Saturn was the king of the gods, the greatest celebration of the year was December 25th when they celebrated him. When Christianity became the state religion they simply did away with Saturn replaced him with Jesus Christ.

In Ancient Rome, Saturn was the king of the gods, the greatest celebration of the year was December 25th when they celebrated him. When Christianity became the state religion they simply did away with Saturn replaced him with Jesus Christ.
Source? The "golden time" ideas around Saturn (=God of sowing, ruler of the 'golden time') have not a lot to do with Christmas. And the date had been the 17th of December. (The "king" of the Roman gods had been by the way Jupiter).

Last edited:
I'm just stating facts,

Do you?

if you perceive them as an attack on Christianity, so be it.

It's difficult to live in the night and to try to tell others something about the appearance of sunshine and to see how colors grow - although colors are also in the night colors - what's only able to be a belief and not a fact as long as no one has artificial light in the night. Nevertheless to say "colors do not exist because I do not see them" is not the fact 'colors don't exist'.

The truth needs no defense.

Tell this Heinrich Himmler who lived his whole life in his own untrue lies and murdered millions of people in an industrialized form of mass-murder.

Upon his conversion Paul declared Jesus as the son of God in the synagogue. It took the Christian church a bit longer to declare Jesus God that did not happen until Constantine became a Christian and their persecution ended. The council of nicea did that. The council of Ephesus in the middle of the 5th century declared Jesus both fully human and fully divine. Early Christians, did not define themselves as such, they simply were followers of the man Jesus Christ.

"Fact" is that in the first century after Christ did not exist any Christians - but you know them. Now all around you are Christians - but you don't know them.

Last edited:
Source? The "golden time" ideas around Saturn (=God of sowing, ruler of the 'golden time') have not a lot to do with Christmas. And the date had been the 17th of December. (The "king" of the Roman gods had been by the way Jupiter).
Anyway it was Saturn and the celebration was Saturnalia December it was celebrated from December 17th to December 24th. I guess they didn't want to disrespect him so they gave Jesus December 25th. Although Christianity became the state religion in 323 CE the edict of Milan that constituting signed in 313 CE still allowed to worship of all other religions without persecution.

Anyway it was Saturn and the celebration was Saturnalia December it was celebrated from December 17th to December 24th. I guess they didn't want to disrespect him so they gave Jesus December 25th. Although Christianity became the state religion in 323 CE the edict of Milan that constituting signed in 313 CE still allowed to worship of all other religions without persecution.
Do you?

It's difficult to live in the night and to try to tell others something about the appearance of sunshine and to see how colors grow - although colors are also in the night colors - what's only able to be a belief and not a fact as long as no one has artificial light in the night. Nevertheless to say "colors do not exist because I do not see them" is not the fact 'colors don't exist'.

Tell this Heinrich Himmler who lived his whole life in his own untrue lies and murdered millions of people in an industrialized form of mass-murder.

"Fact" is that in the first century after Christ did not exist any Christians - but you know them. Now all around you are Christians - but you don't know them.

Who makes some strange comparisons you must think I'm some kind of horrible person or something. Your perception of the world is definitely off.

Sorry I confused Saturn with Jupiter you think the Romans would have the biggest celebration around the biggest God they did not saturnalia was the biggest religious celebration and it was from December 17th to the 25th. Maybe that was why Saint Julius the first in the late 330's CE declared December 25th., Christ born in Bethlehem, Judea.

Sorry I confused Saturn with Jupiter you think the Romans would have the biggest celebration around the biggest God they did not saturnalia was the biggest religious celebration and it was from December 17th to the 25th. Maybe that was why Saint Julius the first in the late 330's CE declared December 25th., Christ born in Bethlehem, Judea.
You keep asking about source, I simply press on this speaker button in the little circle and it always gives me the answer it's easiest way to look up stuff on the internet you should try it.

I find this piece interesting and tellworthy, because nowadays many denie the christian roots of Christmas they just equal it with ancient pagan roots, and consumerism. They want to erase the Christ out of Christmas. Many just say "But Christmas is pagan not Christian."

Read Catholic Roots of Christmas

Catholic Roots of Christmas
December 19, 2020
Christmas honors the pivotal day which altered all of history. Christians around the world celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Christ Jesus. On this day, God Incarnate departed the hidden tabernacle of Mary’s womb into the blissful embrace of His mother’s arms. And she, in turn, presented this unblemished child, this Divine Gift, to all the world that we might adore Him as “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

catholicrootsofchristmas.jpg

As with any child’s arrival, there are many preparations to be made before welcoming the new family member; an expecting family gathers bathing items, blankets, and a collection of cozy outfits. Faithful members of the Catholic Christian family prepare for Christ’s coming by observing the season of Advent.

Advent is a time of joyful anticipation in which the faithful prepare their hearts for the most special arrival of the Divine Infant. Formally introduced by the Council of Tours in 567 AD, the Advent season begins four Sundays prior to Christmas Day. This period provides a precursor to the special holy day when the Light of the World shines amidst the darkness, the Sign of Hope dispels all despair.

One Catholic tradition orienting believers toward Christ’s coming is the Nativity Scene. This practice harkens back to Medieval times when in 1223, St. Francis of Assisi directed a live nativity scene as a form of public remembrance honoring Christ’s birth. St. Francis wanted to bring the Gospels to life, assigning parts for Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, and others so that in witnessing this reenactment, all people would learn the extraordinary story of God’s love for mankind. Often the nativity creche remains empty until Christmas Eve as a reminder that the faithful eagerly await the Christ child. And when the Divine Infant arrives, how much greater is the joy during the Christmas vigil when Baby Jesus joins the Holy Family and all humanity!

When the faithful prepare their hearts properly, the blessings of Christmas may be appreciated in full. “We Christians are called to safeguard and spread the joy of waiting,” Pope Francis declared in a Vatican address. Additionally, much as the faithful await Christ’s birth in remembrance of the first Christmas, the Catholic liturgical readings point the faithful toward awaiting Christ’s ultimate return upon Judgement Day.

According to Catholic tradition, the rejoicing of Christ’s coming lasts considerably longer than one great day. Rather, it stretches from the Christmas vigil Mass until the Feast of the Epiphany, sometimes called Three Kings’ Day.

Why did the Church choose to celebrate Christ’s birth on December 25? The most direct answer is that according to the Roman calendar, this day marked the winter solstice. Saint Augustine explained the significance of this day in remembering Christ’s coming, writing, “on the day which is the shortest in our earthly reckoning and from which subsequent days begin to increase in length. He, therefore, who bent low and lifted us up chose the shortest day, yet the one whence light begins to increase.”

The most excellent Catholic tradition of celebrating Christmas as a family is attending Holy Mass together. Even young adults who may have strayed from observing other tenets of their Catholic faith will often return to Mass with their families in order to observe the sacred Feast of the Nativity.

Christmas is a rare time when the Mass readings differ according to the order in which the Mass is offered. There are four distinct Christmas Masses. The Vigil Mass is offered at the start of Christmas Eve. The Mass of the angels is a popular celebration, offered at midnight. The Dawn Mass is called the Mass of the Shepherds; it is offered early morning. Finally, on Christmas Day, the priest offers the Mass of the Divine Word.

The Christmas octave is punctuated with a feast that originally honored Christ’s circumcision. In present times, the Catholic Church commemorates the first day of the year as the Feast of Mary, Mother of God. This holy day respects Mary’s unique human privilege of forming Christ physically and spiritually before releasing Him into the world to fulfill His divine salvific work.

The end of the Christmas season points toward this extraordinary mission for which God entered the world. According to Catholic tradition, the Magi, called the Three Kings, spent 12 days following a star. The brilliant star led them to Bethlehem, where Jesus had just been born. The Wise Men—Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar—presented three symbolic gifts to the Holy Family for their newborn son. The kings presented to the Divine Child gold to honor His kingship, frankincense to honor His priesthood, and myrrh to honor His humanity.

Many families around the world present gifts to one another either in celebration of Christmas Day or in commemoration of the Three Kings. The faithful fulfill the Christmas spirit when offering their own hearts to the Divine Messiah who humbled Himself to enter the world as a small child.

Article written by Myriah C. Boudreaux for Christian Catholic Media

Myriah C. Boudreaux graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a BA in Psychology. Soon after, she left her native Southern California home to marry a FUS alumnus, start a family, settle in Bayou Country with her Cajun husband, and begin a career homeschooling their ever-growing family. With seven children ranging from ages 21 – 2, her practical understanding of Heavenly Father's patience, love, and mercy is continually expanding.
The birth took place during Succus around September, not in December.

The birth took place during Succus around September, not in December.
Thank you, that's the point I was trying to make. They chose a strategic date, instead of estimating the actual, real date of Christ's birth ( exact date unknown, just the time of year ). So it was politically motivated. Church politics.

Forum List

Back