Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

how could they have embraced temple culture without a temple?
The same way as people can "embrace" :laugh: god culture without a God.

for the record---the issue of the fact that the Temple had been
destroyed was a BIG ISSUE of discussion amongst the
talmudists of the first several centuries CE, along with COPING
MECHANISMS
Again with the psychological already? :4_13_65:

"COPING" is a well known principle of talmudic discussion.
Both Freud and Einstein depended on talmudic coping
strategies

Last edited:
how could they have embraced temple culture without a temple?
The same way as people can "embrace" :laugh: god culture without a God.

for the record---the issue of the fact that the Temple had been
destroyed was a BIG ISSUE of discussion amongst the
talmudists of the first several centuries CE, along with COPING
MECHANISMS
Again with the psychological already? :4_13_65:

"COPING" is a well known principle of talmudic discussion.
Both Freud and Einstein depended on talmudic coping
stratgies
And the world has benefited from it.

Your "knowledgeable" position isn't hard to understand.
Yet, you don't.

Are you that pompous?
Typical among the ignoramuses to call the knowledged snobby.

Christians, by and large, do not understand the New Testament.
Nor do they understand the old.

Real atheists are people who abandon their faith because they do understand the New Testament ....
No, atheists are lost souls who find no sense in established God-worshipping religions but feel that have to make a stance and choose to "believe" in something.

Christians are not Jews.
Christians are Jew-cultists who have no religions of their own.
You still don't understand, I see.
You don't see. That is your biggest fault and it is what is preventing you from finding "purpose".
I explained to you why I say Christians are not Jews, and you just call me an ignoramus. Why so defensive?

I explained it to you very clearly, albeit briefly, and you don't see.
I do believe that a Jew can in fact be Jewish because of his heritage. Hitler (though totally a despot) understood the nature of Judaism. It is founded upon tribal history. It isn't mainly regarding a religious belief but where one's linage originates. An example would be that every Jew whose last name is Kohen/Cohen has a link to the Tribe of Levi. The name means priest. The Jewish priests once were selected from among that tribe. For someone in ancient times to become "Hebrew/Israelite/Jewish", he had to be adopted into one of the tribes. It wasn't merely about merely attending a synagogue on Saturday.
After the Jewish Wars, very few Jews survived. Body upon body lay rotting in the streets, just as Revelation describes. They had no temple and a sparse population. At least after Babylon destroyed their capital, they recovered. After Rome (and the Zealots) destroyed it, they did not.

Judaism changed. It has no temple now. No Pharisees, no Sadducees, no Levites (no priesthood). Of course modern Judaism has a heritage, but no tribal heritage.

Modern Judaism is the same age as Christianity, but the only thing the two faiths have in common is their God.

modern Judaism has no central Temple now-----just Jerusalem and Temple location Pharisaic Judaism is the surviving Judaism (over sadducean and dozens of other interpretations) "tribal heritage" in Judaism referred to "ancestral lands" in ancient
times and almost nothing more. I is a levite. (I cannot sing and can barely fumble
on the piano)

superficial similarities in religions cannot be construed as
"came from" ....
True, but obvious "rip-offs" should be recognised whenever it is on-topic.

don't mention the holiday now being celebrated
Much more than that and more obvious too. Methinks Christianity doth put too much effort into distinguishing itself from Judaism.

Take your complaint to "OMG" to "saint" Constantine

"came from" ....

Much more than that and more obvious too. Methinks Christianity doth put too much effort into distinguishing itself from Judaism.

It's not my problem. I own no stock in Christianity or Judaism. I'm just a spectator with insight telling it like it is.

"came from" ....

It's not my problem. I own no stock in Christianity or Judaism. I'm just a spectator with insight telling it like it is.

you is a human bean. Constantine cooked up a BIG BAG of worms that has been
rocking the world for----uhm about 1700 years. Shariah law apes Constantine's
Canon Law

"came from" ....

Canon Law
I am completely immune.

"came from" ....

Canon Law
I am completely immune.

to what? beans?

"came from" ....

Canon Law
I am completely immune.

to what? beans?
All manner of superstition and its proxies: beans, Christianity, Judaism, etc.

Christians usurped pagan holidays to convert them to Christian holidays instead. And not a bit of it matters. Any date to celebrate the birth of Christ would have sufficed. It is a remembrance of Him. And I wonder how many homes tarry on that fact on Christmas morning before presents get unwrapped...

God used Constantine to stop Christian persecution and to spread Christ's word across the Roman Empire...

Last edited:
Christians usurped pagan holidays to convert them to Christian holidays instead
Not really. The summer and winter solstice and the spring and fall equinoxes are natural phenomena — not to deny that the Pagans did celebrate them as special holidays before Christ.

St. John the Baptist's day is celebrated on the Summer Solstice and Christmas Day is celebrated at the Winter Solstice — or actually three or four days after in both cases, as the Julian and Gregorian calendars shifted the times and the seasons around a little bit for sport.

Read any newspaper to this day, you still see a horoscope with the signs of the Zodiac which divide the year into 12 periods in perfect alignment with the seasons.

God used Constantine to stop Christian persecution and to spread Christ's word across the Roman Empire...
No. The persecution only became more severe and went into the secret chambers and catacombs rather than the open coliseums, when Catholicism became religio licita under the Emperor Constantine the Great, who refused to be baptized until he was on his deathbed.

The persecution continued in secret and hidden torture chambers for 1000 years (the Millennium, the Dark Ages of Medieval Europe) until John Huss brought the facts of those hideous tortures to the light of day and was burned at the stake. "Today you roast the goose [his family name Huss]," he said, "but in 100 years shall arise a swan, whom you shall not harm."

They were reviled and hated as Lollards, Bohemian Brethren, and Readers until Dr. Martin Luther reformed the church.

Saturnalia was replaced by the Romans by 153BCE by New Years, as the first of the months instead of the last.
In selecting January 1 as the New Year and a feast of the Christmas season, the Gregorian calendar marked a date which was already a day of celebration among the Christian community, absorbed by them from pagan rituals which celebrated the restoration of the sun.

Lupercalia on Feb. 14, was replaced by St. Valentine's day.
Carnival was replaced with a longer Lent.

What ended up happening at first was an amalgamation of the holidays. But Christianity won out. And paganism waned.

No. The persecution only became more severe and went into the secret chambers and catacombs rather than the open coliseums, when Catholicism became religio licita under the Emperor Constantine the Great, who refused to be baptized until he was on his deathbed.

The persecution continued in secret and hidden torture chambers for 1000 years (the Millennium, the Dark Ages of Medieval Europe) until John Huss brought the facts of those hideous tortures to the light of day and was burned at the stake. "Today you roast the goose [his family name Huss]," he said, "but in 100 years shall arise a swan, whom you shall not harm."

They were reviled and hated as Lollards, Bohemian Brethren, and Readers until Dr. Martin Luther reformed the church.
Romans killed Christians as sport. In some places they were hung on crosses as far as the eye could see. Impaled on poles and lit on fire to light pathways. Ravaged in the Coliseum.
Constantine declared Christianity the religion of the Roman Empire. It was the beginning of wide spread Christianity. God used a conqueror to spread the word quickly.

Forum List

Back