Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?​

Funny you should ask.
Just last week my Jewish doctor told me her first recollections of Jewish persecution was when she was a kid at the mall and everyone was celebrating Christmas.
She asked her dad why everyone did not celebrate Hanukkah.
Yep, Jewish discrimination.
So this made clear to me Christmas was Christian and nothing more.

Funny thing is, I have both Jewish and Muslim friends who celebrate Christmas.
Maybe it's just one of those things. Those inclined to feel persecuted will feel discrimination and those inclined to just enjoy a fun holiday will do just that, enjoy a fun holiday.

Funny you should ask.
Just last week my Jewish doctor told me her first recollections of Jewish persecution was when she was a kid at the mall and everyone was celebrating Christmas.
She asked her dad why everyone did not celebrate Hanukkah.
Yep, Jewish discrimination.
So this made clear to me Christmas was Christian and nothing more.

Funny thing is, I have both Jewish and Muslim friends who celebrate Christmas.
Maybe it's just one of those things. Those inclined to feel persecuted will feel discrimination and those inclined to just enjoy a fun holiday will do just that, enjoy a fun holiday.
I think it has more to do with the country you are in and the dominant religion of that land. I wouldn't expect Christmas to be celebrated in Israel of Saudi Arabia and I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

I think it has more to do with the country you are in and the dominant religion of that land. I wouldn't expect Christmas to be celebrated in Israel of Saudi Arabia and I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.
But would you feel discriminated against if it were not celebrated in Isreal or Saudi Arabia?

But would you feel discriminated against if it were not celebrated in Isreal or Saudi Arabia?
No, why would I? I wouldn't expect it to be. Inherent in that statement is that logically it wouldn't make sense for them to celebrate a Christian holiday in a Jewish or Islamic nation. It's nothing personal.

No, why would I? I wouldn't expect it to be. Inherent in that statement is that logically it wouldn't make sense for them to celebrate a Christian holiday in a Jewish or Islamic nation. It's nothing personal.
But my doctor felt deep discrimination as a little child.
Now everything she sees is anti Jewish.

But my doctor felt deep discrimination as a little child.
Now everything she sees is anti Jewish.
That's her mistake to make. But that seems as illogical as saying nothing she sees is anti Jewish. Reality is a little more complicated than that. The real answer lies between these two extremes and should be examined objectively on a case by case basis.

Have you ever seen it?

Have you ever seen it?

i havve been to the Morgestraich in Basel.

Forum List

Back