CDZ Is Blood Type A More Prone to COVID-19 Infection?

phoenyx

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2016
Canada
This was just published today on Mercola.com, constructive feedback welcome:
Is Your Blood Type More Prone to COVID-19 Infection?

April 20, 2021

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • Some research suggests your blood type may make you more prone to certain diseases, including COVID-19
  • A study found a protein on the surface of SARS-CoV-2 — called the receptor binding domain (RBD) — had a strong preference for binding to blood group A found on respiratory cells
  • The findings may provide some insight into why people with blood type A appear to have a greater risk of COVID-19 and infection with other coronaviruses such as SARS-CoV
  • Other studies have also suggested that people with blood type A may have greater susceptibility to COVID-19 while those with type O may have lower susceptibility
  • Since blood type isn’t something you can change, it’s wise to focus on the strategies you can influence to lower your risk of disease, such as optimizing your vitamin D levels, eating right and optimizing your weight

Full article here:

Doctor told me last year type O blood is best for fighting cv19. Get outside and get some some sun also, always a good idea.

Vitamin D. Almost all who get sick have a vitamin D deficiency. Obesity and advanced age are also big contributors. In states where people spend the most time outdoors, the infection rate is lowest.

I'm A-neg; no infection, FWIW.

One of the earlier correlation studies about COVID hospitalizations out of China was that it type O blood people were less likely to be hospitalized with COVID. The other was that smokers were less likely than non-smokers to end up in the hospital. The latter has been dismissed because it doesn't comport with the quit smoking now!!! narrative prior to Covid even though it has been found true in several countries.

Yikes! Thanks for bringing this up. I'm A+ and older. I finally am getting my vaccination tomorrow. Looks like more vitamin D is needed.

Vitamin D. Almost all who get sick have a vitamin D deficiency. Obesity and advanced age are also big contributors. In states where people spend the most time outdoors, the infection rate is lowest.

I'm A-neg; no infection, FWIW.

Agreed on Vitamin D and glad to here you are doing ok :).

Forum List

Back