Is Bette Midler the new JK Rowling?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Love it when they bite the hands that feed them!

HuffPost

Bette Midler Sparks Backlash For Tweet Attacking Trans-Inclusive Language​

Bette Midler disappointed fans and social media users Monday after posting a controversial tweet attacking trans-inclusive language.

“WOMEN OF THE WORLD! We are being stripped of our rights over our bodies, our lives and even of our name!” the “Hocus Pocus” actor tweeted.

“They don’t call us ‘women’ anymore; they call us ‘birthing people’ or ‘menstruators’, and even ‘people with vaginas’! Don’t let them erase you! Every human on earth owes you!”

Some people use terms like “pregnant people” instead of “pregnant women” in order to acknowledge that transgender and nonbinary people who do not identify as women can also get pregnant and give birth.

No. Midler is a loud mouth closed minded ****.

Jk Rowling was just a woman sticking by her ability to maintain reality and not play into people's cosplay fantasies.

She's a nasty old hag who stopped being famous in the 80s
She was good in that Halloween movie. I was never a big fan of her singing, as she was coming up.

Bette is a pantload. But even though she now backpeddles furiously, she wasn’t exactly wrong. The PC bullshit woke crap lingo does conflate different concepts. It does try to mix oil and water. It does urge folks to accept a daffynition that “woman” is a difficult concept to grasp or define. 🙄

Accepting biological males into women’s sporting programs does effectively deny a level playing field to actual women.

Failure to accept that biology isn’t dictated by our feelings does lead to ridiculous outcomes. And it’s still true that if Bruce Jenner had some surgery and injections and identifies as a woman now, it doesn’t make him an actual woman. I’m happy that he now feels comfortable as a she. In fact, I have no real problem (nor should I) in labeling her as a “her.” Nonetheless, she was never a little girl.

New Topics

Forum List

Back