Is anyplace safe from DEMONS?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is making people think he doesn't exist.

Pretty hypocritical of Nutty to make fun of peoples belief systems...... especially when they don't coincide with his/her/it's own............ What a wonderful example of a loving, understanding, accepting, inclusive, non-judgmental, person of a specific political persuasion that supposedly preaches all the above....... Yet rarely practices it unless it suits their purpose........

It's true! It's all true!

I though my pants had shrunk, or maybe I had put on a few pounds. I just couldn't quite button them. But then after hearing the wisdom of Pat Robertson it was clear: demons. So I threw on the muumuu, waddled my way down to the local Catholic Church, and got some holy water. After stopping for a light meal of four Big Macs, a large fry, an ice cream sundae with extra hot fudge, and a Diet Coke (natch), I got those pants out of the closet, doused them with the hoy water and yelled "the power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you!

Wouldn't you know it, the pants fit after that.

Demon, it was demons all along.

Pretty hypocritical of Nutty to make fun of peoples belief systems...... especially when they don't coincide with his/her/it's own............ What a wonderful example of a loving, understanding, accepting, inclusive, non-judgmental, person of a specific political persuasion that supposedly preaches all the above....... Yet rarely practices it unless it suits their purpose........

You've confused me with the "christians" who preach hate for anyone and everyone who dares disagree with them.

Isn't that what Jesus preached? And yet, every day, the "christians" here rant and rave against people who harm no one while bowing down to nutters like Robertson.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is making people think he doesn't exist.

The real question here is - why do you "christians" agree and defend this wing nut?

C'mon, intelligent, sane people do not believe there are demons in their clothes.

For that matter, sane, intelligent people don't believe in "demons".

:cuckoo:

You've confused me with the "christians" who preach hate for anyone and everyone who dares disagree with them.

Isn't that what Jesus preached? And yet, every day, the "christians" here rant and rave against people who harm no one while bowing down to nutters like Robertson.

The real question here is - why do you "christians" agree and defend this wing nut?

C'mon, intelligent, sane people do not believe there are demons in their clothes.

What impact does their views on "Demons in clothes" have on my day to day life?

Compare that to the effect progressives can have if they get everything they want, and I'll take the demon clothes person any day of the week.

Think my briefs have a lust demon in them. Can't explain why else I have impure thoughts when someone pretty walks by than that. Must be a demon. :)

As usual you missed the point.
Simple question, what specific harm to you did that statement about demons do? Did it take away your civil rights? Did it cause you ANY harm in ANY way whatsoever? Was it hate speech aimed at anyone in particular?
By promoting yourself as "sane" and anyone who disagrees with you or your assessments as (by default) insane, you're not only being hypocritical you're practicing the simple act of self justification by ridiculing for no other reason more than to make yourself look "better than thou".......
Basically all you succeeded in proving is you're only tolerant of those who you agree with or those who agree with you. Smooth move there Sparky. But then again if all you want is credibility among those who share your group-think then please continue, you're doing a great job........ :thup:

Simple question, what specific harm to you did that statement about demons do? Did it take away your civil rights? Did it cause you ANY harm in ANY way whatsoever? Was it hate speech aimed at anyone in particular?
By promoting yourself as "sane" and anyone who disagrees with you or your assessments as (by default) insane, you're not only being hypocritical you're practicing the simple act of self justification by ridiculing for no other reason more than to make yourself look "better than thou".......
Basically all you succeeded in proving is you're only tolerant of those who you agree with or those who agree with you. Smooth move there Sparky. But then again if all you want is credibility among those who share your group-think then please continue, you're doing a great job........ :thup:

Religious people aren't insane for believing in demons and such. If anything they're incredibly sane understanding good and evil. They're just profoundly mentally ill.

oops, Sorry. I missed the rules that says I can only post things that "take away my civil rights" and "cause me harm". Please link to that rule. Thanks.

But, you're right that I have no tolerance for idiots who believe such outrageous crap as this.

Its an example of your usual sloppy thinking that you ASSSume that means I am intolerant of everyone who disagrees with me. In point of fact, I often post the exact opposite but I'll say it again for you:

I believe you should be able to believe as you wish. As long as you don't harm others, as long as you don't force your beliefs on our schools or government, you should be free to believe there are demons in your clothes.

And I should be free to ridicule that belief.

And, you should be free to disagree with me.

See how that works for us sane and intelligent people?

Religious people aren't insane for believing in demons and such. If anything they're incredibly sane understanding good and evil. They're just profoundly mentally ill.

Care to give me a DSM diagnosis for the people you are claiming as "mentally ill"?

While I agree that its just plain nutty to believe there are evil gods inhabiting clothing, I don't know that I would automatically label it as profound mental illness.

Its more like a shared hysteria.

Its obvious that this hysteria gives these people comfort. It helps them get through their days and those long dark nights. I think it gives them purpose that their lives are lacking and what the hell, if it helps them to come out from under the bed every morning, they're welcome to it.

Forum List

Back