Is aiding and abetting terrorism on the books?

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
1598129471430.png

I was looking over the federal laws covering terrorism and it seems like aiding and abetting is not covered.

Do any of the legal experts on the board know?

Can Trump have governors, mayors, city councilmen, district DA's, and the like, charged at the federal level with aiding and abetting in terrorist acts?

If there isn't there should be and that official does the same amount of time as the person committing the crime if they refuse to do anything about it or refuse to prosecute.

*****SMILE*****

:)

View attachment 378302

I was looking over the federal laws covering terrorism and it seems like aiding and abetting is not covered.

Can Trump have governors, mayors, city councilmen, district DA's, and the like, charged at the federal level with aiding and abetting in terrorist acts?

If there isn't there should be and that official does the same amount of time as the person committing the crime if they refuse to do anything about it or refuse to prosecute.

*****SMILE*****

Look harder. It took me one google search and 30 seconds

Title 18, United States Code, Section 2, makes it a crime to aid or abet the commission of another crime and provides as follows:

(a) Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces, or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.

(b) Whoever willfully causes an act to be done which if directly performed by him or another would be an offense against the United States, is punishable as a principal.

In order to prove a case under § 2, three elements must exist:

1. The individual associated with the criminal endeavor,

2. The individual knowingly participated in the endeavor, and

3. The individual sought by his or her actions to make the endeavor succeed.

View attachment 378302

*****SMILE*****

Look harder. It took me one google search and 30 seconds

Title 18, United States Code, Section 2, makes it a crime to aid or abet the commission of another crime and provides as follows:

(a) Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces, or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.

(b) Whoever willfully causes an act to be done which if directly performed by him or another would be an offense against the United States, is punishable as a principal.

In order to prove a case under § 2, three elements must exist:

1. The individual associated with the criminal endeavor,

2. The individual knowingly participated in the endeavor, and

3. The individual sought by his or her actions to make the endeavor succeed.

1598130658094.png

Sounds like the FBI can go pick up the mayor of Portland, Oregon for aiding and abetting in terrorism.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 378302

*****SMILE*****

If there were a situation in which a governor, mayor, city councilman, or DA were to "aid and abet" terrorism, which has never happened, the burden of proof under 18 U.S.C. Section 2 must be met. See Dekster's post #2. Considering the amount of discretion that these officials have, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to prove the elements of a case against someone in any of these offices (association with the criminal endeavor, knowing participation, and efforts to ensure its success).

Forum List

Back