Ironic

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I find it very ironic that obama got the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, but all he has done is seperated this country even further in my opinion. What yall think?

Where's the Peace? Right after they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize he sent more troops to the Middle East. His drone strikes have killed tons of innocent civilians in mosques, schools, businesses and private homes. He should give that award back!

Barack Obama: The only Nobel Peace Prize winner with a kill list.

You guys act like he campaigned for the peace prize and is therefore a hypocrite.

Didn't Nobel invent TNT? Maybe it goes to the one that invented the peaceful use of drones.

You guys act like he campaigned for the peace prize and is therefore a hypocrite.

No, we find it ironic. We blame the Norwegian Nobel Institute. Alfred Nobel is rolling around in his grave..

No, we find it ironic. We blame the Norwegian Nobel Institute. Alfred Nobel is rolling around in his grave..

Lot's of people thought it was weird, Obama included. Gives you an idea what a diplomatic breath of fresh air he was right off the bat.

No, he was given something he didnt deserve based on merit. Which is the story of his life.
Here's the citation from the Nobel Committee. It is hard to read it and not laugh.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

No, it just shows the Nobel committee's premature ejaculation at the mere sight of Obama completely destroyed their integrity.

No, he was given something he didnt deserve based on merit. Which is the story of his life.
Here's the citation from the Nobel Committee. It is hard to read it and not laugh.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

You should really read that as an indictment of the group of dangerous diplomatic retards that was the Bush administration because that is what it was meant to be.

You should really read that as an indictment of the group of dangerous diplomatic retards that was the Bush administration because that is what it was meant to be.

You are absolutely correct that the committee awarded the prize to Obama because he was not Bush. Similarly they awarded it to Gore because he too was not Bush.
But lots of people are not Bush, including me and probably you. And I don't think that is a sufficient criterion.
But if the Iraqi people were able to award a peace prize I would bet most of them would vote for Bush, who freed them from 30 years of terror and tyrranny. The Libyans as well.

You are absolutely correct that the committee awarded the prize to Obama because he was not Bush. Similarly they awarded it to Gore because he too was not Bush.
But lots of people are not Bush, including me and probably you. And I don't think that is a sufficient criterion.
But if the Iraqi people were able to award a peace prize I would bet most of them would vote for Bush, who freed them from 30 years of terror and tyrranny. The Libyans as well.

LOL, what a crock, they hate all our guts in Iraq.

You polled every single Iraqi. Impressive, if true.

You polled every single Iraqi. Impressive, if true.

You don't have to poll every single Iraqi to know how they feel, just like you don't have to poll every single American about an issue to know how the country feels.

Iraqis are conflicted, with about one-half of both Shia and Sunni Arabs saying that they are “worse off,” while 60% of Kurds say they are “better off.”

Overall, about one-quarter of all Iraqis say their situation is “the same.”

Meanwhile, about six in ten Jordanians, Saudis, and Lebanese see Iraqis “worse off,” as do almost one-half of Arabs in the Emirates. Tunisians and Egyptians are outliers here, with Egyptians divided in their views as to whether or not Iraqis are “better off,” and almost one-half of Tunisians saying that they believe that things are “the same” or that they are “not sure.”

Iraq: The War, Its Consequences & the Future, published last year.

Forum List

Back