Irene made Landfall on Saturday... FEMA's just getting supplies in on Tuesday?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
AP: Helicopters rush food, water to cut-off Vt. towns

Relief supplies arrived at Vermont's National Guard headquarters early Tuesday in a convoy of 30 trucks from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Accompanied by Shumlin, FEMA administrator Craig Fugate toured the state by helicopter Tuesday to survey the damage.

Plainview Daily Herald > AP Headlines

I can just imagine the countdown if this were Bush (43)...

Saturday... Sunday... Monday... Tuesday...

How long does it take to get those Goddamn Trucks in there!?!... Sorry, Brian, back to you in the Studio...

Anyway...

Barry handled this Perfectly, so there.

:)

peace...

Relief supplies arrived at Vermont's National Guard headquarters early Tuesday in a convoy of 30 trucks from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Accompanied by Shumlin, FEMA administrator Craig Fugate toured the state by helicopter Tuesday to survey the damage.

How long does it take to get those Goddamn Trucks in there!?!... Sorry, Brian, back to you in the Studio...

Anyway...

peace...

While I personally commend the President for the advanced warning and heads up he gave regarding preparing for Irene as she was arriving, I fail to see what he specifically had to do with FEMA and the delivery of assistance to stricken areas. Same with Bush during Katrina. The President doesn't control FEMA actions. They report to him, but he does not give them day to day orders.

Anyway...

peace...

While I personally commend the President for the advanced warning and heads up he gave regarding preparing for Irene as she was arriving, I fail to see what he specifically had to do with FEMA and the delivery of assistance to stricken areas. Same with Bush during Katrina. The President doesn't control FEMA actions. They report to him, but he does not give them day to day orders.

Why did anyone need Obama to give them a "heads up"? Who are these people that are looking to Obama for guidance on hurricanes?

Absolutely pathetic. But, there's your nanny state.... A bunch of useless idiots sitting glued to the TV waiting on Daddy to telegraph instructions.

Last edited:
I watched the local weather back in August of 2005... the forecast was bad. I gathered up my family and got the duck outta fodge.

It really was that simple.

I watched the local weather back in August of 2005... the forecast was bad. I gathered up my family and got the duck outta fodge.

It really was that simple.

Katrina_Buses_Flooded.jpg

Those Buses were a Sight... Weren't they.

Of course, the DemocRAT Mayor wasn't to Blame... Nor was the DemocRAT Governor, who the DemoRAT Mayor said DELIBERATELY Cockblocked Bush for 24 hours because she didn't want him taking the credit...

Yep, those were the days.

You heard that Boooooooooooooosh blew up the levies, didn't you?... :eusa_shhh:

peace...

Anyway...

peace...

Yeah... I'm not Blaming Obama... I'm Illustrating a Point.

If (43) was President, this would have been "Katrina II"

4 days?... 4 DAYS?!...

peace...

Anyway...

peace...

What part of it takes a few days for FEMA to respond to people not get?

The Vermont floods you reference occurred on Monday (Irene Brings Worst Flooding In Century To Vermont : NPR). Fema started distributing supplies in Vermont on Tuesday. That's a less than 24 hour window, which is near excellent.

Of course, Fema was prepared. Thank goodness the stupidity under Brownie has been fixed.
Earlier in the day, FEMA officials oversaw the distribution of supplies at Camp Johnson in Colchester. At about 7:30 a.m., Guard members in forklifts began unloading tractor trailers of wooden pallets stacked with bottled water, food, cots, tarps, blankets, medical equipment and other items. Guard members loaded the supplies onto their flatbed trucks.

FEMA had stockpiled the supplies before Irene, as a hurricane, hit the United States’ coast, said Colin Tillett, the agency’s Deputy Staging Area Manager. Half of the trucks were filled with bottled water, Tillett said.

The 30 tractor trailers carrying the supplies loaded up at Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee, Mass. and began pulling into Camp Johnson at about 3 a.m. today. The aid is headed to 20 Vermont Towns

FEMA trucks arrive in flood-ravaged Vermont | Burlington Free Press | burlingtonfreepress.com

Once again, mal is shown to be a lying sack of shit.

Anyway...

peace...

There were at least 50 utility trucks driving across I-80 on Saturday headed toward the disaster. What do you think, disaster relief should be instantaneous?

:rolleyes:

On Saturday Irene hit land in North Carolina then the eye of the storm went trough New York City early Sunday morning... It was not in Vermont until Sunday night and continued into Monday morning...

Sunday August 28, 2011

"I want people to understand that this is not over," President Barack Obama said Sunday evening from Washington.
"The impacts of this storm will be felt for some time, and the recovery effort will last for weeks or longer."

The storm that first hit the U.S. mainland in North Carolina Saturday morning as a Category 1 hurricane was no longer even a tropical storm as of 11 p.m. Sunday, the National Hurricane Center said. By then, it was 50 miles north of Berlin, New Hampshire -- near the Canadian border -- with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph.

Some of the biggest, continuing headaches involved flooding, as tidal storm surges and overflowing, fast-moving rivers left homes in North Carolina and points northward awash. Flood warnings and watches were in effect Sunday night for much of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, eastern New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Numerous "swift-water" rescue teams were dispatched Sunday night around Vermont, where state emergency management spokesman Mark Bosma said some small towns were "entirely covered with water" and people, including a woman who was in labor, were stranded in schools and cars.

Vermont State Police Capt. Ray Keefe said Wilmington is "cut off," hundreds of roads had been closed, and some homes were washed off foundations and into lakes.

And "conditions continue to worsen dramatically" in Vermont's capital of Montpelier, city manager William Fraser said Sunday night, noting National Weather Service warnings of rising river waters that have spurred evacuations and will cause "major flooding" downtown early Monday morning.

Irene leaves damaging and deadly floods, rushing waters - CNN

Last edited:
The Vermont floods you reference occurred on Monday (Irene Brings Worst Flooding In Century To Vermont : NPR). Fema started distributing supplies in Vermont on Tuesday. That's a less than 24 hour window, which is near excellent.

Of course, Fema was prepared. Thank goodness the stupidity under Brownie has been fixed.
Earlier in the day, FEMA officials oversaw the distribution of supplies at Camp Johnson in Colchester. At about 7:30 a.m., Guard members in forklifts began unloading tractor trailers of wooden pallets stacked with bottled water, food, cots, tarps, blankets, medical equipment and other items. Guard members loaded the supplies onto their flatbed trucks.

FEMA had stockpiled the supplies before Irene, as a hurricane, hit the United States’ coast, said Colin Tillett, the agency’s Deputy Staging Area Manager. Half of the trucks were filled with bottled water, Tillett said.

The 30 tractor trailers carrying the supplies loaded up at Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee, Mass. and began pulling into Camp Johnson at about 3 a.m. today. The aid is headed to 20 Vermont Towns

FEMA trucks arrive in flood-ravaged Vermont | Burlington Free Press | burlingtonfreepress.com

the fact that you blamed and disagree with Bush means you are a racist!!

Anyway...

peace...

There were at least 50 utility trucks driving across I-80 on Saturday headed toward the disaster. What do you think, disaster relief should be instantaneous?

Of course not.....well, not unless you're a liberal, and Bush is president, in which case, the aid should have been there yesterday, and it's perfectly OK to use ANY bureaucratic foul-up to score partisan points. Now that there's a democrat in the White House, expectations should be more, ah, "realistic". Can we say, "double standard", boys and girls? Why yes, I believe we can; and once more, the utter hypocrisy of the Left is exposed. Funny how democrats squeal, when their own tactics are thrown back at them, now isn't it?

Hell, FEMA is a FEDERAL agency, and as we all know, there are only three things the federal government does quickly: collect taxes, issue mindless regulations, and go to war. Those are done IMMEDIATELY; anything else, takes time......

:clap2:

Jebus Tits, that took a LONG time...

And it took Ravi?...

Good Stuff.

I am Aware of Landfall in NC and the placement of Vermont in Irene's Path and the Flooding...

This Thread wasn't about that, it was my way of being just like the Liberals during Katrina.

Sorry you didn't get it, USMBot #27. :thup:

peace...

Absolutely pathetic. But, there's your nanny state.... A bunch of useless idiots sitting glued to the TV waiting on Daddy to telegraph instructions.
...or for daddy to give em free stuff. Katrina was as infamous for that as anything. All hail the ghetto attitude :rolleyes:

Here's an idea people: fend for your freaking selves and/or help your neighbors in need if you're able. It's not like you didn't have any warning. (PS obviously that does not include people in hospitals, elderly needing assistance etc etc. That should be stating the obvious, but if I don't put that caveat in, some moron will be along and go "what about them, you're so mean blah blah" :rolleyes:)

New Topics

Forum List

Back