Iraqi PM Accused of Genocide Against Sunnis

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Last January a member of the European Parliament accused Nouri Al-Maliki of purging Sunni voters prior to the upcoming election in April:

"Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki has been accused of committing 'genocide' against the Sunni Muslim population under the pretext of his 'war on terror'. Struan Stevenson MEP, who made the accusation, is the president of the European parliament's delegation for relations with Iraq.

"He said that Al-Maliki is carrying out a 'violent terrorist campaign' in all the Sunni governorates in Iraq.

"The latest military campaigns in Fallujah and Ramadi in Al-Anbar Governorate, said Stevenson, are the 'last campaign for Al-Maliki to eliminate his party’s opposition ahead of the elections on April 30.'

"The Scottish MEP noted that around 1,400 people have been killed in the latest campaign; thousands more have been wounded.

"Sunni tribal militias have repeatedly denied that they are hiding Al-Qaeda terrorists or other groups, as they have been accused by Al-Maliki. They drove government forces from Fallujah and large parts of Ramadi."

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/europe/9352-mep-accuses-iraqi-pm-of-committing-genocide-against-sunni-muslims

Is Maliki just another corrupt US puppet like earlier versions in Korea, Vietnam, and Panama whose crimes would never have occurred absent illegal US occupations or influence?

Last January a member of the European Parliament accused Nouri Al-Maliki of purging Sunni voters prior to the upcoming election in April:

"Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki has been accused of committing 'genocide' against the Sunni Muslim population under the pretext of his 'war on terror'. Struan Stevenson MEP, who made the accusation, is the president of the European parliament's delegation for relations with Iraq.

"He said that Al-Maliki is carrying out a 'violent terrorist campaign' in all the Sunni governorates in Iraq.

"The latest military campaigns in Fallujah and Ramadi in Al-Anbar Governorate, said Stevenson, are the 'last campaign for Al-Maliki to eliminate his party’s opposition ahead of the elections on April 30.'

"The Scottish MEP noted that around 1,400 people have been killed in the latest campaign; thousands more have been wounded.

"Sunni tribal militias have repeatedly denied that they are hiding Al-Qaeda terrorists or other groups, as they have been accused by Al-Maliki. They drove government forces from Fallujah and large parts of Ramadi."

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/europe/9352-mep-accuses-iraqi-pm-of-committing-genocide-against-sunni-muslims

Is Maliki just another corrupt US puppet like earlier versions in Korea, Vietnam, and Panama whose crimes would never have occurred absent illegal US occupations or influence?

Or is he just another in a long list of Arab/Muslim tyrants, any or all of which would have come to power? I mean, just how many just and benevolent rulers has that part of the world had, anyway?
Hint: you won't have to remove your socks and shoes to count them.

Or is he just another in a long list of Arab/Muslim tyrants, any or all of which would have come to power? I mean, just how many just and benevolent rulers has that part of the world had, anyway?
Maybe I could take off one shoe and toss it at Maliki?
While there's no shortage of Muslim Tyrants through out history, I don't think the current example in Baghdad would be there today without Bush and Cheney.

Do you think the US government should continue supporting Maliki?

While there's no shortage of Muslim Tyrants through out history, I don't think the current example in Baghdad would be there today without Bush and Cheney.

The point is the choice, as always in those "peaceful" Arab countries, is between Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber. You don't know that what replaces Maliki, like what came before him, won't be just as bad or worse. You just need to vent your hate for America, Bubba. Same old message.

Last edited:

The point is the choice, as always in those "peaceful" Arab countries, is between Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber. You don't know that what replaces Maliki, like what came before him, won't be just as bad or worse. You just need to vent your hate for America, Bubba. Same old message.
You seem indifferent to the responsibility the US bears for the succession of Arab and Persian tyrants across the Middle East. US and European corporations have sought control of Muslim oil since the Red Line Agreement of the 1920s. In 1944, FDR and the British ambassador divided Iranian, Iraqi, and Kuwaiti oil between themselves. A big reason more Arab countries aren't "peaceful" has to do with the amount of money a few rich Americans make from ME arms sales and oil sales.

Iraqi PM Accused of Genocide Against Sunnis

I am sure that the Sunnis believe that.

You seem indifferent to the responsibility the US bears for the succession of Arab and Persian tyrants across the Middle East. US and European corporations have sought control of Muslim oil since the Red Line Agreement of the 1920s. In 1944, FDR and the British ambassador divided Iranian, Iraqi, and Kuwaiti oil between themselves. A big reason more Arab countries aren't "peaceful" has to do with the amount of money a few rich Americans make from ME arms sales and oil sales.

There ya go ... same old message. You need to blame America for the thousand years of Arab/Muslim backwardness and oppression. It can't possibly be the nature of Islamic culture. :lol:
Wake up and smell the hashish you're smokin', Bubba.

There ya go ... same old message. You need to blame America for the thousand years of Arab/Muslim backwardness and oppression. It can't possibly be the nature of Islamic culture. :lol:
Wake up and smell the hashish you're smokin', Bubba.
Greatest purveyor of violence in the world.
It's not Islam.
Stop swilling the star-spangled kool-aid:D

Forum List

Back