Iraq ROE: tax dollars at work

Borat

Rookie
Oct 27, 2009
t r u t h o u t | Iraq War Vet: "We Were Told to Just Shoot People, and the Officers Would Take Care of Us"

i particularly like the comment of the soldier about how they just started killing everybody "after the absurdity of the war has set in"

i think that's a good point. you have some assholes inventing WMDs that don't exist to justify the war. then you have idiot population supporting the war. then after CIA, the Government and the People have all been 100% wrong EACH we now send some teenagers fresh from high school to Iraq and we expect them now to be 100% right and know exactly who the bad guys are - that's just not realistic !

i honestly can't blame our soldiers for just mowing down civilians randomly. in their situation it makes more sense to do that than starting the war did when we started it.

we want to not have to bother thinking what we do and just fuck up left and right and then we expect them to sort our mistakes out for us ? well they are more interested in staying alive than making it look as if we the people didn't fuck up when we allowed the war to start.

I read your link, even though it is from a very strange source.

And I don't believe even 5% of it.

And yes those pilots did follow the ROE to the letter. And probably saved a few American lives.

I read your link, even though it is from a very strange source.

And I don't believe even 5% of it.

And yes those pilots did follow the ROE to the letter. And probably saved a few American lives.

You don't support our troops. With all your sincere intentions you don't realize how much your Nationalism harms America. Do you really think closing your eyes and ears changes what happened and continues to happen? There is no military in iraq to fight so what do you think entails fallout? A large number of innocent people being killed when it is avoidable.

Take a chance and listen to what all Vets have to say instead respecting only those who agree with your politics.

Where is the line drawn? How does the fact the soldiers being illegally and immorally sent remove accountability for their actions once they are there? If more soldiers followed the UCMJ they would help themselves by not allowing bullshit deployments.

• Banned
And yes those pilots did follow the ROE to the letter.

i have nothing against the pilots or gunmen or ground troops in the WikiLeaks video.

i have everything against those who put them in the position where they have to shoot innocement people and children - that is people who authorized the war.

• Banned
Where is the line drawn? How does the fact the soldiers being illegally and immorally sent remove accountability for their actions once they are there? If more soldiers followed the UCMJ they would help themselves by not allowing bullshit deployments.

it's not up to the soldiers to stop the war. it's up to us.

there are more than enough soldiers speaking out and if you want more you can always just go and interview more. many will tell you the truth.

the problem is nobody wants to hear what they're saying.

Forum List

Back