Iran to retaliate over any US 'trouble' for Venezuela-bound ships

Well, I don’t entirely disagree. But we certainly supported the 2002 coup attempt! Certainly some companies like Exxon felt ripped off. There were lots of cases. I don’t know nearly enough to take sides in those economic disputes. You are right that under the Obama administration the political disputes, as with Cuba also, were less intense. I think the internal class and social conflicts are other really important aspects of the problem — U.S. elites had close ties to Venezuelan elites. Chavez scared the sh*t out of all the privileged classes. He was a more or less typical left populist caudillo. But he wasn’t a mass murderer. Elections continued.

Personally, I think the U.S. should stay out of these kinds of problems as much as possible. It’s not like Chavez was, or Maduro is, invading us.

But he wasn’t a mass murderer. Elections continued.

Yes, Commies are good at getting elected once and then amending the constitution
so they can never lose.
You don’t know anything about Venezuela. You’ve made that abundantly clear. Chavez and Madura were elected in fair elections. They never stole power, as you demented anti-commie freaks like to believe.

Hey look? There’s a commie under your bed. Get your gun and kill!
Shut down Free Press........took others property for their own..........rigged the elections.......printed money to make it worth TP..............then starved the country when it went under........

Typical Tyrants screwing their own country for power........They did it to themselves.........they stole from the oil companies and no one is gonna help them after that.....

They made their bed........let them sleep in it.
When will you ever learn? It’s not our fucking government’s concern. Have you learned nothing from the multiple failed military interventions since Vietnam?

Why do you support the ruling class’ love of war? They get rich off it, you get nothing but a kick in the ass.
We aren't at War with Venezuela..............and we have been at War with Iran since 1979........We should have been allowed to stomp their ass a long time ago.........

Should have been done under Carter.

Venezuela fucked up................they did it to themselves.......not my problem
Yes we know. You love war. Ignorantly failing to understand war abroad means tyranny at home, to say nothing of the horrors of war.

Dupe!
STFU unless you served over there and had to deal with them trying to kill you with mines and small suicide boats..........

I remember them and we weren't allowed to kick their asses til we took damage.........

I also have a nephew permanently disabled due to IED.s from stinking Iran.....

So Iran can kiss my ass..............clear it up for you........

And they have a history of terror.

little history lesson for you.

Fuck you asshole. Go kill some commies. That will make you a hero.

Same to you.......I undestand enemy recognition...........we should have fucked up Iran after 911...left them in rubble..........and no nation building.........would have been over in 6 months..........but we are not allowed to win wars anymore..........since Korea.

Iran?

Yup......because since 1979 they had been the largest sponsor of Terror from the Middle East of all of them there....................

Supposed to be a War against terrorism.........not just OBL..........

So YES.

I undestand enemy recognition...........we should have fucked up Iran after 911...left them in rubble....
You really are a nutcase. Saudi and other supporters of Sunni extremist Bin Laden carried out the 9/11 attacks. You say “we should have fucked up Iran after 9/11.” Pure bloody lunacy.
We should have fucked them up long before...........They are a terrorist nation......and we still need to stomp their ass into a MUD HOLE.

You will wait til those assholes get nukes...............their IED killing our people is enough reason to smoke their asses now.

I previously commented on the U.S. withdrawal of Patriot missile batteries and navy resources from the Persian Gulf, and the acceptance by Iran of a new essentially pro-U.S. Iraqi Prime Minister. There is reason to believe both sides have wisely stepped back from the brink. Now a new potential flashpoint has arisen. We can only hope that wiser heads in the White House and Pentagon will deter any completely unnecessary conflict.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani warned on Saturday of retaliatory measures against the United States if Washington caused problems for tankers carrying Iranian fuel to Venezuela .... with the first expected to reach the country's waters on Sunday...

“If our tankers in the Caribbean or anywhere in the world face trouble caused by the Americans, they [the US] will also be in trouble," Rouhani said in a telephone conversation with Qatar's Emir....

"Iran will never initiate a conflict," Rouhani said. "We have always the legitimate right to defend our sovereignty and territorial integrity and to serve our national interests, and we hope that the Americans will not commit an error....

From...Aljazeera? You are now reduced to passing on Aljazeers's threats against America?

I previously commented on the U.S. withdrawal of Patriot missile batteries and navy resources from the Persian Gulf, and the acceptance by Iran of a new essentially pro-U.S. Iraqi Prime Minister. There is reason to believe both sides have wisely stepped back from the brink. Now a new potential flashpoint has arisen. We can only hope that wiser heads in the White House and Pentagon will deter any completely unnecessary conflict.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani warned on Saturday of retaliatory measures against the United States if Washington caused problems for tankers carrying Iranian fuel to Venezuela .... with the first expected to reach the country's waters on Sunday...

“If our tankers in the Caribbean or anywhere in the world face trouble caused by the Americans, they [the US] will also be in trouble," Rouhani said in a telephone conversation with Qatar's Emir....

"Iran will never initiate a conflict," Rouhani said. "We have always the legitimate right to defend our sovereignty and territorial integrity and to serve our national interests, and we hope that the Americans will not commit an error....

From...Aljazeera? You are now reduced to passing on Aljazeers's threats against America?
Plenty of places to get the same story other than from Aljazeera. Look it up!

Plenty of places to get the same story other than from Aljazeera. Look it up!

Its a threat by Iran..not a story. And they all came from the same place. The Supreme Islamic Council. You did your part in passing along what they wanted passed along.

It is a little inexplicable to me that the Trump Administration backed off from confronting the Iranian ships, considering its overall rhetoric and naval buildup near Venezuela. Those small Iranian ships are after all a major threat to the “Monroe Doctrine”! Seriously, the Trump administration may just have too much on its plate right now. On the other hand, the recent (secret) agreements with Iran over the new Prime Minister in Iraq, the withdrawal of U.S. Patriot missile batteries from Saudi Arabia, the reported drawdown of U.S. naval forces in the Persian Gulf, these may indicate the possibility that something bigger is afoot. Let us hope so.

Forum List

Back