Iran to put boots on the ground in Syria

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Feb 6, 2011
Okolona, KY
Iran gonna put boots onna ground in Syria...

Iran troops to join Syria war, Russian jets pound group trained by CIA
Oct 1, 2015: Hundreds of Iranian troops have arrived in Syria to join a major ground offensive on behalf of President Bashar al-Assad's government, Lebanese sources said on Thursday, a further step in the rapid internationalisation of a civil war in which every major country in the region has a stake.
Russian warplanes that joined the fight this week bombed a camp run by rebels trained by the CIA, the group's commander said, putting Moscow and Washington on opposing sides in a Middle East conflict for the first time since the Cold War. The US and Russian militaries will hold talks at 11am EDT (1500 GMT) via video link to seek ways to keep their militaries apart as they wage parallel campaigns of air strikes in Syria, a US defence official said. Russian jets struck targets near the cities of Hama and Homs in western Syria on the second day of their surprise air campaign. Moscow said it had hit Islamic State positions, but the areas it struck are mostly held by a rival insurgent alliance, which unlike Islamic State is supported by US allies including Arab states and Turkey.

Hassan Haj Ali, head of the Liwa Suqour al-Jabal rebel group, told Reuters one of the targets was his group's base in Idlib province, struck by around 20 missiles in two separate sorties. His fighters had been trained by the CIA in Qatar and Saudi Arabia, part of a programme Washington says is aimed at supporting groups that oppose both Islamic State and Assad. "Russia is challenging everyone and saying there is no alternative to Bashar," Haj Ali said. He said the Russian jets had been identified by members of his group who once served as Syrian air force pilots.

Two Lebanese sources told Reuters hundreds of Iranian troops had reached Syria in the past 10 days with weapons to mount a major ground offensive. They would also be backed by Assad's Lebanese Hezbollah allies and by Shi'ite militia fighters from Iraq, while the Russians would provide air support.

Iran troops to join Syria war, Russian jets pound group trained by CIA - The Times of India

See also:

Iran troops to join Syria war, Russia bombs group trained by CIA
Thu Oct 1, 2015 - Hundreds of Iranian troops have arrived in Syria to join a major ground offensive in support of President Bashar al-Assad's government, Lebanese sources said on Thursday, a sign the civil war is turning still more regional and global in scope.
Russian warplanes, in a second day of strikes, bombed a camp run by rebels trained by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, the group's commander said, putting Moscow and Washington on opposing sides in a Middle East conflict for the first time since the Cold War. Senior U.S. and Russian officials spoke for just over an hour by secure video conference on Thursday, focusing on ways to keep air crews safe, the Pentagon said, as the two militaries carry out parallel campaigns with competing objectives. "We made crystal clear that, at a minimum, the priority here should be the safe operation of the air crews over Syria," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said.

Two Lebanese sources told Reuters hundreds of Iranian troops had reached Syria in the past 10 days with weapons to mount a major ground offensive. They would also be backed by Assad's Lebanese Hezbollah allies and by Shi'ite militia fighters from Iraq, while Russia would provide air support. "The vanguard of Iranian ground forces began arriving in Syria -soldiers and officers specifically to participate in this battle. They are not advisers ... we mean hundreds with equipment and weapons. They will be followed by more," one of the sources said. So far, direct Iranian military support for Assad has come mostly in the form of military advisers. Iran has also mobilized Shi'ite militia fighters, including Iraqis and some Afghans, to fight alongside Syrian government forces.

Moscow said it had hit Islamic State positions, but the areas it struck near the cities of Hama and Homs are mostly held by a rival insurgent alliance, which unlike Islamic State is supported by U.S. allies including Arab states and Turkey. Hassan Haj Ali, head of the Liwa Suqour al-Jabal rebel group that is part of the Free Syrian Army, told Reuters one of the targets was his group's base in Idlib province, struck by about 20 missiles in two separate raids. His fighters had been trained by the CIA in Qatar and Saudi Arabia, part of a program Washington says is aimed at supporting groups that oppose both Islamic State and Assad. "Russia is challenging everyone and saying there is no alternative to Bashar," Haj Ali said. He said the Russian jets had been identified by members of his group who once served as Syrian air force pilots.

MORE

Last edited:
now tell me again fellow posters ------that Iran and Syria and Russia are not
THE AXIS POWERS ------In a scenario that they have jointly created--------
it involves Syria,, Russia, Iran, and even China. and all the Shiites of the world---wherever they may be-------Pakistan, the various arab states who all have some--more or less-----Shiite populations -----and it is a dangerous Imperialistic adventure

it involves Syria,, Russia, Iran, and even China. and all the Shiites of the world---wherever they may be-------Pakistan, the various arab states who all have some--more or less-----Shiite populations -----and it is a dangerous Imperialistic adventure

Obama's Iran deal helped make all this possible..what a great accomplishment:eusa_doh:

Did anyone think Putin was going to go...........................

I'll fart in your general direction?

Come on guys it's not JV TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama's Iran deal helped make all this possible..what a great accomplishment:eusa_doh:

He did not create it ------but he is, certainly, helping it along

Seven years ago, 47% of registered voters entrusted an admitted weed smoking coke snorting communist with the reigns of our Nation.

Seven years hence, we find ourselves totally fucked.

Do the math, bitches. :slap:

Putin iz zo zexxxy

09b6d948f2034669dd98c7c493778ee2a8eb8625f9b411cc614f4ba4e7d7f438.jpg

Fuck Putin, Putin lovers are a joke. they arm and work with Iran to are detriment

Ok. I know I have been busy in the garden of late but I have been telling you that Putin had to make a move when the Chechen leader aligned himself with ISIS and promised to take 15,000 soldiers to hurt Russians.

What is Putin to do?

I know you guys don't like him but for crying out loud doesn't anyone remember Beslan?

He did not create it ------but he is, certainly, helping it along
Soon as this stupid Iran deal went through they all moved..Obama created this situation. Iran should have continued to be isolated. Now the sanctions are gone and they are very rich. that is Obama's doing.

Fuck Putin, Putin lovers are a joke. they arm and work with Iran to are detriment

Ok. First I'll get over Putin lover insult.

You want Russia to eat another Beslan when the son of a bitch aligned himself with ISIS?

And do you know who the top military advisor and strategist is in Syria to ISIS? HE'S FUCKING CHECHEN.

go where? Putin is fighting world war III-------a war that he and Iran have
orchestrated

Ok. I know I have been busy in the garden of late but I have been telling you that Putin had to make a move when the Chechen leader aligned himself with ISIS and promised to take 15,000 soldiers to hurt Russians.

What is Putin to do?

I know you guys don't like him but for crying out loud doesn't anyone remember Beslan?
You've been loving on Putin since he took Crimea

Look I have had it with the Putin loving insults.

I actually have regarded many of you as my posting buddies. Well I guess no more.

What is Putin to do?

Crimea is Russian. Nikita gave them to the Ukraine.

Can you imagine waking up one morning and going I belong to who?

What is Putin to do?

And why don't you hate Kiev?

Considering the Bandera lovers and worshipers killed so many Jews and this is on record?

Forum List

Back