Iran, is Trump looking the other way?

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Iran seized two British ships in or around the Strait of Hormuz on Friday. That is just the latest incident in a long string of provocations, and blame can be placed squarely on Trump's shoulders for a completely ludicrous and extremely dangerous decision he made in May 2018.

Trump withdrew the U.S. from the nuclear deal (JCPOA) with Tehran struck by the Obama administration, which permanently barred Iran from making a nuclear weapon. The agreement was working, but Trump decided to punish Iran for being in compliance with the JCPOA and he ratcheted up sanctions on the Iranians.

I warned then Iran would duplicate Trump's decision and violate the JCPOA. That is exactly what has happened.

Those sanctions are hurting the Iranian economy badly, and, like a wounded animal, she is striking back at Trump's incitement.

On May 5th Trump threatened Iran with a battleship-carrier strike group. On May 10th Trump threatened Iran again with a second display of force: built around the U.S.S. Arlington and a battery of Patriot missiles. During all this, Iran is accused of mining six ships, but no serious damage was done and no one was hurt.

Then Iran called Trump's bluff. On June 20 Iran shot down a $110 million RQ-4A Global Hawk High-Altitude, Long, Endurance (HALE) Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS). Trump responded with useless sanctions against the Ayatollah and his generals.

Since then this is what has happened since July First.

Iran has breached the limit on its stockpile of low-enriched uranium set under a 2015 nuclear deal.

Then Iran breached a crucial limit on the level of uranium enrichment set out in the 2015 nuclear deal, going from 3.67% to over 4.5%.

Britain seized an Iranian tanker bound for Syria.

Yesterday, the USS Boxer brought down an Iranian drone.

Iran seized two British tankers today.

Thank you, Mr. President.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the eight-year long Iraq war with its nearly 5,000 dead Americans, 25,000 wounded Americans, and over one million dead Iraqi civilians would be a walk in the park compared to a war with Iran with her sophisticated air force, sophisticated ballistic missiles, effective anti-ship cruise missiles, and her proxy forces throughout the Middle East, many within the same grid square as American bases.

Mr. President, how stupid can you be?

• Banned
As is his custom, Trump waited until Marine One's blades began churning before he conducted his news conference on the south lawn of the White House.

Through the din, reporters' questions could barely be heard and Trump was forced to shout. That's how Trump likes it.

Naturally the questions concerned the Iranian seizure of the two ships. Trump was brief. “We’re going to be speaking with the U.K., and this only goes to show what I’m saying about Iran: trouble, nothing but trouble,” Trump told reporters.

Trump did not say whether the incident would prompt a response, saying, “Let’s see what happens."

“But I know that it’s not an American ship, it’s U.K.,” he added.

Considering the gravity of the situation, Chris Wallace of Fox News fame characterized the President as being nonchalant.

Well, that is one way of putting it. Another is, let's get this over with. The entire planet, including Trump, knows that the American President is responsible for escalating the Iranian problem. He just wanted to get through it and get to talking about the four Democratic extremists in the House who he says represent the leadership of the Democratic Party.

So, on he went about the four women of color, repeating some of his racist comments on how they hate our country.

Then he hopped aboard Marine One for another weekend of golf.

He has advisers who will explain the situation and they will communicate with the Brits.

At such an early junction, what would you suggest he do? If the British, French and others want to lob some missiles into Iran to send a message, so be it. I just don't know what the other choices would be. Full scale war?

The British have to rally people also. Considering their own weak leadership and inability to abide by a democratic election, they aren't in a great place themselves right now.

Notice even the Brits themselves are saying they aren't looking at military options. If it requires such a response, I'm sure a group of nations will do so. They have to be sure it doesn't escalate.

Iran seizes British tanker in Strait of Hormuz

Mr Hunt said the seizures were "completely unacceptable" and "freedom of navigation must be maintained".

"We are absolutely clear that if this situation is not resolved quickly there will be serious consequences," he said.

"We are not looking at military options. We are looking at a diplomatic way to resolve this situation but we are very clear that it must be resolved."

Last edited:
Iran seized two British ships in or around the Strait of Hormuz on Friday. That is just the latest incident in a long string of provocations, and blame can be placed squarely on Trump's shoulders for a completely ludicrous and extremely dangerous decision he made in May 2018.

Trump withdrew the U.S. from the nuclear deal (JCPOA) with Tehran struck by the Obama administration, which permanently barred Iran from making a nuclear weapon. The agreement was working, but Trump decided to punish Iran for being in compliance with the JCPOA and he ratcheted up sanctions on the Iranians.

I warned then Iran would duplicate Trump's decision and violate the JCPOA. That is exactly what has happened.

Those sanctions are hurting the Iranian economy badly, and, like a wounded animal, she is striking back at Trump's incitement.

On May 5th Trump threatened Iran with a battleship-carrier strike group. On May 10th Trump threatened Iran again with a second display of force: built around the U.S.S. Arlington and a battery of Patriot missiles. During all this, Iran is accused of mining six ships, but no serious damage was done and no one was hurt.

Then Iran called Trump's bluff. On June 20 Iran shot down a $110 million RQ-4A Global Hawk High-Altitude, Long, Endurance (HALE) Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS). Trump responded with useless sanctions against the Ayatollah and his generals.

Since then this is what has happened since July First.

Iran has breached the limit on its stockpile of low-enriched uranium set under a 2015 nuclear deal.

Then Iran breached a crucial limit on the level of uranium enrichment set out in the 2015 nuclear deal, going from 3.67% to over 4.5%.

Britain seized an Iranian tanker bound for Syria.

Yesterday, the USS Boxer brought down an Iranian drone.

Iran seized two British tankers today.

Thank you, Mr. President.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the eight-year long Iraq war with its nearly 5,000 dead Americans, 25,000 wounded Americans, and over one million dead Iraqi civilians would be a walk in the park compared to a war with Iran with her sophisticated air force, sophisticated ballistic missiles, effective anti-ship cruise missiles, and her proxy forces throughout the Middle East, many within the same grid square as American bases.

Mr. President, how stupid can you be?
You seriously overrate Iran's military...............The deal was a joke and Iran had no intentions to honor it. They have given our enemies advanced IED's that have killed U.S. military personnel.............They support terrorism in the region, and are after dominance in the region in the Shia versus Sunni struggle.

Economic Sanctions were reinstated until they don't want to build nukes and stop supporting terror in the region. FULLY VERIFIABLE.

No BS like the other deal which was so called ratified in the biggest JOKE VOTE in our Senates history. Wasn't a Treaty and Trump had no reason to honor it.

They are economically destroyed...........They need to come to terms of no nukes that can absolutely be verified.......until then they can pound sand.

The taking of British crews and holding them hostage is an Act of War...............They had better not push this to far. They will regret it.

Iran is trying to force military action. Martydom some of their people and then go to the UN to say looky what they did.

This is a gamble to later use as propoganda...........They don't want a War with us.........or Britain. It is a War they can not win and they know it.

This is a test................A high stakes game of chicken. Don't play chicken with a mac truck. It will not end well.

Notice even the Brits themselves are saying they aren't looking at military options. If it requires such a response, I'm sure a group of nations will do so. They have to be sure it doesn't escalate.
Canada will be right with them, eh?

So not only do you think everything that happens is Trumps fault you think that he somehow made Iran send a drone over one of our ships and told Iran that they absolutely HAD to take over two British ships?
Then you think it is the responsibility of Trump to start a war with Iran to get back the British ships? I really would think that Iran made the desicsion to take over the ships by themselves. I also consider it Britians responsibility to get back their own ships.

But I am not surprised you want another war.

Canada will be right with them, eh?

Canada will lead the way. We will send out best covert police, they are the most fearless, liberty loving citizens I know, and they aren't creepy at all...

Iran is being advised by John Kerry and shitstain obama. The obama bony brown fingers are all over this.

That of course does not explain the insanity of a press that took the opportunity presented by Iran's seizure of the UK ship to ask Trump about plastic straws.

So not only do you think everything that happens is Trumps fault you think that he somehow made Iran send a drone over one of our ships and told Iran that they absolutely HAD to take over two British ships?
Then you think it is the responsibility of Trump to start a war with Iran to get back the British ships? I really would think that Iran made the desicsion to take over the ships by themselves. I also consider it Britians responsibility to get back their own ships.

But I am not surprised you want another war.
They just want a war to blame on Trump. That's shitstain obama's doing.

Now with Iran taking British ships, this just escalates things. If Britain does decide that they need to give a military response in the future, I'm sure President Trump would join them if asked. In that case, Iran gets about 72 hours before their country gets put back to the Stone Age. Throw in the Israelis coming from their opposite border and it may be even less time than that.

Reality show host doing foreign policy. This should go well
The Reality is that all he has to do is order the U.S. Navy to handle it...................and the Iranian fleet and ports will be toast.............

They tried this shit while I was in.........Preying Mantis..........I was over there then.............it didn't end well for Iran..........neither will this...

But being a bunch of idiots.........they will push the envelope until we are forced to bust their asses.........AGAIN.

One thing that will help everyone understand how trump will handle this: Trump is first, America is second. If trump should perceive that only attacking Iran would get him reelected, he would attack iran. I dont think he is anywhere close to that. I think he's closer to believing that attacking iran will damage him, politically. And thus, no attack on iran.

It all is so easy to see, when you accept one principle: Trump first, America Second. And sometimes Third, as Trump First dictates.

Forum List

Back