Iphone battery stuck on 10% charge no matter how long it is on charge FIXED

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
PJ is getting a new Iphone for Christmas, already on order, but not due in yet. Meantime, she woke up this morning, and it was dead as a door nail, though it had been on charge all night. Connected to a different cord at different location. Nothing, but after half an hour, if we pushed the home button the battery picture showed with a sliver of red, but still would not start. Let it charge for another 2 hours, still just a sliver of red, but no start. Did a Hard shut down and restart. It did restart, but batter showed 10%. Let charge for 3 hours. Still stuck at 10%. Search internet for Iphone not charging beyond 10%. Apple said have the batter replaced. Another sight had a guy writing about the exact problem not charging above 10%, but, about a two weeks after he changed the batter himself. A former apple tech told him he dirtied or scratched contacts and should have had apple or qualified technician replace the batter. No help there.
Next site was called iPhone Battery Percentage Stuck? 4 Solutions Offered

This site said it was a programming issue that occurrs at least as far forward as Iphone 11/12, and it listed 4 fixes.
Number 1 worked like a charm. Those guys are great!! She's back to charging 100%.

1. Turn Off and Turn On Set Automatically​

When your iPhone battery percentage stuck at a particular figure and it doesn't buzz at all, you can try turning on and off the 'Set Automatically' option in Date & Time feature to fix the issue. Usually for iPhone 6S/6S Plus, manually altering the time zone when you travel is resulting in iPhone battery percentage stuck problem. So, how about a quick fix at our end, while Apple settles it with a new update?
Here is how –
  1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network and browse 'Settings'.
  2. Go to 'General' and then 'Date & Time'.
  3. Now, toggle the 'Set Automatically' switch off and then on.
  4. Now, you need to force restart your iPhone. When your device is successfully restarted, you can see that the annoying battery stuck problem might have been resolved.

EA_tech_support.gif

PJ is getting a new Iphone for Christmas, already on order, but not due in yet. Meantime, she woke up this morning, and it was dead as a door nail, though it had been on charge all night. Connected to a different cord at different location. Nothing, but after half an hour, if we pushed the home button the battery picture showed with a sliver of red, but still would not start. Let it charge for another 2 hours, still just a sliver of red, but no start. Did a Hard shut down and restart. It did restart, but batter showed 10%. Let charge for 3 hours. Still stuck at 10%. Search internet for Iphone not charging beyond 10%. Apple said have the batter replaced. Another sight had a guy writing about the exact problem not charging above 10%, but, about a two weeks after he changed the batter himself. A former apple tech told him he dirtied or scratched contacts and should have had apple or qualified technician replace the batter. No help there.

This site said it was a programming issue that occurrs at least as far forward as Iphone 11/12, and it listed 4 fixes.
Number 1 worked like a charm. Those guys are great!! She's back to charging 100%.

When your iPhone battery percentage stuck at a particular figure and it doesn't buzz at all, you can try turning on and off the 'Set Automatically' option in Date & Time feature to fix the issue. Usually for iPhone 6S/6S Plus, manually altering the time zone when you travel is resulting in iPhone battery percentage stuck problem. So, how about a quick fix at our end, while Apple settles it with a new update?
Here is how –
  4. Now, you need to force restart your iPhone. When your device is successfully restarted, you can see that the annoying battery stuck problem might have been resolved.

Best fix, don't buy a Xiphone in the first place.

I have my first iphone. Thing is temperamental as hell. For instance my phone will not ring unless you are in my contacts and and manually set it to allow your calls to override Do Not Disturb. I don't even have do not disturb on but it still won't ring your call unless you are in the cotacts and granted that override thing. It is a pain in the ass.

Here is how –

iPhones suck. I had two (both were given to me, I wouldn't buy one) and they both won't charge up any more.

iPhones suck. I had two (both were given to me, I wouldn't buy one) and they both won't charge up any more.
I'm running an Iphone 5s, that I've had, around 7 years. Works great. Charges great. Keeps me connected, stores tons of music, I own, on CD as well as purchases on Apple Music, as well as Pandora and Apple Family Share plan over the wifi, sounds good on my Beats wireless earbuds and Boze Bluetooth speakers. Does fine on the internet, but I rarely use it for that unless traveling. I keep in an Otterbox and have never broken it, though it has been dropped off ladders onto concrete fr 10 feet up. It consistently meets my needs, so my experience is a little different from yours.

I'm running an Iphone 5s, that I've had, around 7 years. Works great. Charges great. Keeps me connected, stores tons of music, I own, on CD as well as purchases on Apple Music, as well as Pandora and Apple Family Share plan over the wifi, sounds good on my Beats wireless earbuds and Boze Bluetooth speakers. Does fine on the internet, but I rarely use it for that unless traveling. I keep in an Otterbox and have never broken it, though it has been dropped off ladders onto concrete fr 10 feet up. It consistently meets my needs, so my experience is a little different from yours.

Sure, one of the things I need for my phone is the ability to download apps that I want. Apple is too restrictive for what I need. That's the first problem I have with them.

I bet you have an Apple computer too :)

Sure, one of the things I need for my phone is the ability to download apps that I want. Apple is too restrictive for what I need. That's the first problem I have with them.
Yes. Everyone has different needs. Mine are pretty simple. I keep basic apps, I've downloaded, mostly free, rarely any games, but for reference on the go when computer not available and to fill a niche, like guitar tuning. I have been lucky. PJ and I are the only ones I know that has never broken a phone, not even cracking a screen, where all three of our kids and our granddaughter have broken at least one phone if not multiple phones.

I bet you have an Apple computer too :)
No and never have. Have nothing against them. I have just always been on the Microsoft track, clean back to my first, when almost nobody had a home computer, at all, starting with a 128k desktop with 2, 5.25" floppy drives (using MSDOS), an external 1200 baud modem for accessing other computers over the phone lines, RGB monitor and a 3 color dot matrix printer using perfed fan fold paper. The computer itself came from a company Microsoft sued into oblivion for patent infringement, as their chip when blown up in court proved to be counterfeit, as it had copy write MS and a patent number etched into their chip, so I could run MSDOS or IBM DOS. College I attended had MS based computers, along with companies I worked for and of course the Army. I am not high tech by modern standards and my computer skills predate Apple, but back in those days, I wrote a lot of script (including database programs, inventory control and purchasing programs etc), and it needed to be able to run on the most common system I was around, so I never changed.

Nope, Korea.

The Xiphone is made by slaves in the Chinese Empire.
That's fine, but I really don't want to learn a different system, while the ones I have gotten used to are still readily available.
If you can convince somebody to crank up another poorly thought out trade war, and it becomes unavailable, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
You do know, it was Nixon that went to China, right? They haven't changed their labor practices significantly since then. US buying massive amounts of goods from China is not because Joe is in office. Have you ever been to Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot? I will admit, America has become spoiled with less expensive Chinese consumer products, but American Business with the blessings of both parties, the financial and stock markets, leading to this point.

Forum List

Back