IOC says North Korea to have 22 athletes in 5 Olympic sports

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
I wonder if the female inter-Korean hockey team will meet the US team...

.jpg

"Bach was flanked by Olympic and government officials from both countries at a brief news conference at the Olympic Museum after a 2 1/2-hour meeting at IOC offices nearby. The most symbolic sporting aspect of the deal is a women's hockey team — the first time that the two Koreas will have joined together in Olympic events. They will play under the acronym "COR" and hear the song "Arirang" as a pre-game anthem. The roster will include 12 players from the north and 23 from the south. However, to maintain fairness for opponents, only 22 can suit up for each game. At least three must be North Korean, the IOC said.

North Korea will also send: two figure skaters to compete in the pairs competition; two male speed skaters; two men and one women in cross-country skiing distance events; two men and one woman in Alpine skiing's slalom and giant slalom races.

The deal confirmed Saturday built on a breakthrough agreement reached Wednesday at the Korean neighbors' shared border. "The Olympic Games show us what the world could look like, if we were all guided by the Olympic spirit of respect and understanding," Bach said."

IOC says North Korea to have 22 athletes in 5 Olympic sports

I not feeling it. I wouldn't be surprised if the athletes family members back home in North Korea will be held hostage and released contingent on their return.

Forum List

Back