Introducing Black Youth to Agriculture

So when I was building my house ...

My white American Trump supporting contractor told me that the Mexicans were much better workers than the American whites. He said that the Mexicans show up on time, do a better job, and are much more prideful in their work. The white Americans - he said - were much lazier, and didn't want to work.

Why is that?

Really isn't about white Americans. It's pressures that unchecked illegal immigration bring about in agricultural jobs for ALL citizens.. Illegals are generally not land owner farmers.
How did you quote Toro when there is no Toro post in this thread?

Asking for a friend... :eusa_shifty:

So when I was building my house ...

My white American Trump supporting contractor told me that the Mexicans were much better workers than the American whites. He said that the Mexicans show up on time, do a better job, and are much more prideful in their work. The white Americans - he said - were much lazier, and didn't want to work.

Why is that?

Really isn't about white Americans. It's pressures that unchecked illegal immigration bring about in agricultural jobs for ALL citizens.. Illegals are generally not land owner farmers.
How did you quote Toro when there is no Toro post in this thread?

Need delete all of this.. I replied while I watching the vid and realized that post was completely off topic and moderation had already deleted it...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I think it would be good for blacks to start community gardens. In times like this everyone needs to have some kind of knowledge in growing food. Some neighborhoods already do this both minority and whites too.

1643566531119.png

Some Detroit church women have been doing the urban farming thing for years now.

If anything positive is being done in hood rat land it's being done by black Christian church ladies leading the way. for the most part.

FAMILY GARDENS PAY $15/YEAR & RECEIVE:

• Seeds – 26 packs of easy to sow varieties*
  • Plants – Approximately 130 vegetable and culinary herb transplants
  • Opportunities to access garden resources, including garden development supplies (like compost, raised beds, tool sharing, soil testing, etc.)
  • Discounts at community and education events hosted by KGD
  • Opportunities to sell produce with Grown in Detroit

COMMUNITY, SCHOOL & MARKET GARDENS PAY $30/YEAR & RECEIVE:

• Seeds – 60 packs of easy to sow varieties*
  • Plants – Approximately 350 vegetable and culinary herb transplants
  • Opportunity to access garden resources, including garden development supplies (like compost, raised beds, tool sharing, soil testing, etc.)
  • Technical support to help start and/or expand your garden or farm

PARTNERS IN FOOD SOVEREIGNTY PAY $10/YEAR & RECEIVE:

• Connection to community of growers and food advocates, including:
  • Access to technical assistance
  • Discounts at community and education events hosted by KGDInformation through KGD newsletters and other communications
  • No seeds, plants or garden resources
* Count of seed packs includes some donated seeds (all non-GMO).
2022 GRP APPLICATIONS:
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
2022 SEED & PLANT PICK UP DETAILS
Gardeners are responsible for picking up their seeds and transplants. This year we will return to hosting walk up distributions at the KGD Farm with alternate curbside pickup options for those with health or mobility challenges.
To ensure we are able to maintain safe social distancing during distribution events, we will continue requiring members to sign up for a designated time slot for pickup. At least one month prior to each distribution, KGD will contact GRP members to sign up for either a walk-up or curbside slot. This is when you can look forward to picking up your seeds and plants:
  • Cold Weather Seeds & Transplants: Walk up (2nd week of April) and Curbside (3rd week in April)
  • Hot Weather Seeds & Transplants: Walk up (3rd week of May) and Curbside (4th week in May)
  • Fall Weather Seeds & Transplants: Walk up (3rd week of July) and Curbside (4th week in July)

Some Detroit church women have been doing the urban farming thing for years now.

If anything positive is being done in hood rat land it's being done by black Christian church ladies leading the way. for the most part.

FAMILY GARDENS PAY $15/YEAR & RECEIVE:

• Seeds – 26 packs of easy to sow varieties*
  • Plants – Approximately 130 vegetable and culinary herb transplants
  • Opportunities to access garden resources, including garden development supplies (like compost, raised beds, tool sharing, soil testing, etc.)

COMMUNITY, SCHOOL & MARKET GARDENS PAY $30/YEAR & RECEIVE:

• Seeds – 60 packs of easy to sow varieties*
  • Plants – Approximately 350 vegetable and culinary herb transplants
  • Opportunity to access garden resources, including garden development supplies (like compost, raised beds, tool sharing, soil testing, etc.)
  • Technical support to help start and/or expand your garden or farm

PARTNERS IN FOOD SOVEREIGNTY PAY $10/YEAR & RECEIVE:

• Connection to community of growers and food advocates, including:
  • Access to technical assistance
  • Discounts at community and education events hosted by KGDInformation through KGD newsletters and other communications
  • No seeds, plants or garden resources
* Count of seed packs includes some donated seeds (all non-GMO).
2022 GRP APPLICATIONS:
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
2022 SEED & PLANT PICK UP DETAILS
Gardeners are responsible for picking up their seeds and transplants. This year we will return to hosting walk up distributions at the KGD Farm with alternate curbside pickup options for those with health or mobility challenges.
To ensure we are able to maintain safe social distancing during distribution events, we will continue requiring members to sign up for a designated time slot for pickup. At least one month prior to each distribution, KGD will contact GRP members to sign up for either a walk-up or curbside slot. This is when you can look forward to picking up your seeds and plants:
  • Cold Weather Seeds & Transplants: Walk up (2nd week of April) and Curbside (3rd week in April)
  • Hot Weather Seeds & Transplants: Walk up (3rd week of May) and Curbside (4th week in May)
  • Fall Weather Seeds & Transplants: Walk up (3rd week of July) and Curbside (4th week in July)

Good for them they are wise ladies indeed.

Good for them they are wise ladies indeed.

This sort of took off all over. There were news stories on them doing this in Dallas as well; don't know if they're still at it or if the gangbangers and commies vandalized the gardens or shot at them or something. I've never seen a Democrat praise this sort of thing, probably because they can't make money off of promoting it.

Forum List

Back