Zone1 Into the past.

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
So, I have a lot of research skills, and out of boredom, I decided to use them on our own site. Just out of curiosity.

Something strange turned up.

. . . it makes me think I am either going crazy, or, I have no idea. I think it will call for some programming and computer experts to answer the questions, about the forum software and data, because what I came up with? Was really weird. Either that, or it was truly evidence of the Mandela Effect.

According to my profile, I joined back in 2012. Now, I am rather certain, we have had at least two different forum software upgrades since I have been here. In the old days, I remember the very first version I participated with here, where, when ever someone gave you a "thumbs-up," it was the culture to send a private message thanking them for that positive message, because it added to your street cred.

I wanted to view a screen shot of the forum back in history, in the Wayback archives, so. . . I went to Nov. of 2012, to take a look (since I joined in Sept.) AND? This is what I found. . . .

,o4 a-2.jpg

Yes. . . :eusa_think: Puzzling, as you can see, it looks like the same forum software, which I know can't actually be the truth, because it was different when I was here. . .

SO? Is it just displaying data today on my system through the current software. . . but. . oh, I don't know, I just don't get it. If you go back FAR enough, things do look different.

From 2003;

,o3 a-2.jpg

And 2005, things make sense. . .

,o4 a-2.jpg

It is a mystery to me.

So, I have a lot of research skills, and out of boredom, I decided to use them on our own site. Just out of curiosity.

Something strange turned up.

. . . it makes me think I am either going crazy, or, I have no idea. I think it will call for some programming and computer experts to answer the questions, about the forum software and data, because what I came up with? Was really weird. Either that, or it was truly evidence of the Mandela Effect.

According to my profile, I joined back in 2012. Now, I am rather certain, we have had at least two different forum software upgrades since I have been here. In the old days, I remember the very first version I participated with here, where, when ever someone gave you a "thumbs-up," it was the culture to send a private message thanking them for that positive message, because it added to your street cred.

I wanted to view a screen shot of the forum back in history, in the Wayback archives, so. . . I went to Nov. of 2012, to take a look (since I joined in Sept.) AND? This is what I found. . . .

View attachment 666655

Yes. . . :eusa_think: Puzzling, as you can see, it looks like the same forum software, which I know can't actually be the truth, because it was different when I was here. . .

SO? Is it just displaying data today on my system through the current software. . . but. . oh, I don't know, I just don't get it. If you go back FAR enough, things do look different.

From 2003;

View attachment 666658

And 2005, things make sense. . .

View attachment 666660

It is a mystery to me.

Who is this basket case op...lol

I can't recall if it was this site or another site I used to go to that they had to take a lot of time to fine tune the look of when they switched software because the defaults were like trying to stare at a red light shining straight out of the face of the sun it was so freaking bright.

All sites update their programs every few years.

I don't understand what your "confusion" is, unless you missed your meds this morning.
I understand that.

The confusion, lay, with the image capture on archive.

I had thought it was the same. .. after switching back and forth several times, I see the difference now. It was probably, all in my head.

The real problem with archive, is the limited functionality, you can't interact with the site in the past, only look at a screen grab. I was certain that it wasn't vbulletin, but, it seems it must be so.

I did more looking at different skins of vbulletin, and it probably is, just that. I just wish I could go back, in time, and interact with that version, just to get a better feel, and look at some of that old content, interact with how it had been. . .

Forum List

Back