Interview with the man who blew the lid off of the biggest political scandal in US history.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
I've never been a Republican (or a Democrat) but I absolutely love this guy. He ever runs for president, he's definitely got my vote.

Back in February 2018, Congressman Devin Nunes created a firestorm with his four-page memo detailing how US intelligence agencies had spied on members of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign. Who is Devin Nunes ? And how did a former farmer end up spearheading an investigation into what many consider one of the biggest scandals in American political history? To find out, Epoch Times senior editor Jan Jekielek visited Nunes on his home turf, in the San Joaquin Valley of California.

(uploaded today)

How's his lawsuit against the cow going?
It must be close to a decision by now!

I've never been a Republican (or a Democrat) but I absolutely love this guy. He ever runs for president, he's definitely got my vote.

Back in February 2018, Congressman Devin Nunes created a firestorm with his four-page memo detailing how US intelligence agencies had spied on members of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign. Who is Devin Nunes ? And how did a former farmer end up spearheading an investigation into what many consider one of the biggest scandals in American political history? To find out, Epoch Times senior editor Jan Jekielek visited Nunes on his home turf, in the San Joaquin Valley of California.

(uploaded today)

i thought this might be something new about Woodward or Bernstein. You kids, just ain't been around.

He sued Twitter, your fav propaganda outlet.
i thought this might be something new about Woodward or Bernstein. You kids, just ain't been around.
I'm older than you jerk off.
And stop trolling every one of my threads.
Wasn't trolling you. I thought it really was going to be something new to the two that broke the biggest political scandal in US history the brought down a president, who appoint he successor who pardoned him and ushered in Jimmy Carter, as backlash against Republican corruption.
This last minute scandal mongering doesn't hold a candle to the real deal. You are older than me? At 66, I never would have thunk it. Guess I was judging by avatar again and tastes in music. If you really are older, you should know better.

Wasn't trolling you. I thought it really was going to be something new to the two that broke the biggest political scandal in US history the brought down a president, who appoint he successor who pardoned him and ushered in Jimmy Carter, as backlash against Republican corruption.
This last minute scandal mongering doesn't hold a candle to the real deal. You are older than me? At 66, I never would have thunk it. Guess I was judging by avatar again and tastes in music. If you really are older, you should know better.
Sorry,...I thought you were 47 for some reason. My bad.
And if you'd turn off CNN and do some actual research you'd know that this whole Spygate thing is WAY bigger than any scandals you mentioned. The 9/11 and Oklahoma City cover-ups ( not even Nunes will go down those rabbit holes)are up there too, and the JFK murder of course.

Sorry,...I thought you were 47 for some reason. My bad.
And if you'd turn off CNN and do some actual research you'd know that this whole Spygate thing is WAY bigger than any scandals you mentioned. 9/11 and Oklahoma City are up there too, and the JFK murder of course.
9/11, Oklahoma City and the JFK assassination were indeed much bigger events than any political scandal, especially the current scandal wannabe. I did not and do not look at your examples as political scandal and much as acts of terrorism, political motivation, not withstanding. Kennedy conspiracy has never been proven. If true, not sure it would ever be allowed to be proven. I cannot buy into domestic spawn conspiracy on 9/11 either. Had a detailed introduction and briefing on domestic, violent subversive groups, many of which still with us after all these years. Oklahoma city was shocking, but not unexpected as nut balls and militias been around at least as far back as the late 80s when I was last briefed. It has spurred the watchful eye of the FBI and now Department of Homeland Security. They have a pretty good record on some of these groups lately, judging by the arrests and Federal indictments since the unrest sparked by the Floyd killing. I would never join one of those groups, although have been on a range they were on and invited because somebody of poor judgement had heard of and thought I had skills to be of use. Had to let them know, I would be on the government side if the shit actually hit the fan, but was glad to meet them, so I knew who they were. It didn't. It hasn't and probably will not. Would not be surprised if up to 15% of the personnel of the radical domestic groups were actually undercover Feds, doing their job. Happy posting, dude. ;) Oh, and thanks! I was over 61 when that avatar pic was taken.

9/11, Oklahoma City and the JFK assassination were indeed much bigger events than any political scandal, especially the current scandal wannabe. I did not and do not look at your examples as political scandal and much as acts of terrorism, political motivation, not withstanding. Kennedy conspiracy has never been proven. If true, not sure it would ever be allowed to be proven. I cannot buy into domestic spawn conspiracy on 9/11 either. Had a detailed introduction and briefing on domestic, violent subversive groups, many of which still with us after all these years. Oklahoma city was shocking, but not unexpected as nut balls and militias been around at least as far back as the late 80s when I was last briefed. It has spurred the watchful eye of the FBI and now Department of Homeland Security. They have a pretty good record on some of these groups lately, judging by the arrests and Federal indictments since the unrest sparked by the Floyd killing. I would never join one of those groups, although have been on a range they were on and invited because somebody of poor judgement had heard of and thought I had skills to be of use. Had to let them know, I would be on the government side if the shit actually hit the fan, but was glad to meet them, so I knew who they were. It didn't. It hasn't and probably will not. Would not be surprised if up to 15% of the personnel of the radical domestic groups were actually undercover Feds, doing their job. Happy posting, dude. ;) Oh, and thanks! I was over 61 when that avatar pic was taken.
I won't get into 9/11 here....you can see my opinion of that in 'Conspiracy Theories'...actually Okla City also.

If I did not love this country and the good people here, I would vote for Joe Biden just to sit back and watch the bad ones destroy it.

Watching from afar.
fun34.jpg

You do realize, White that Richard Nixon was finally removed from office because he tried to use the IRS against his political opponents? Unsuccessfully because the Republican who ran the IRS refused? What's ironic is that Barack Obama SUCCESSFULLY used not only the IRS against his political enemies...but also the FISA Court...the FBI...the NSA...and the CIA yet he hasn't received as much as a slap on the wrist for his abuse of power!

You do realize, White that Richard Nixon was finally removed from office because he tried to use the IRS against his political opponents? Unsuccessfully because the Republican who ran the IRS refused? What's ironic is that Barack Obama SUCCESSFULLY used not only the IRS against his political enemies...but also the FISA Court...the FBI...the NSA...and the CIA yet he hasn't received as much as a slap on the wrist for his abuse of power!
He may have been being blackmailed, but he's also not stupid.
He did not sign off on anything without at least 20 fall guys ahead of him. Namely 3 - Comey , Clapper and Brennan. "I go down, you go down." and so on.

Nice rewrite of history, but it is well regarded that his complicity in the Watergate break-in and the smoking gun tapes were what brought down Nixon. He was indeed guilty of a great many things, unproven in court or impeachment. Republicans had enough integrity to work together across the aisle and some of them told Nixon they could not stand with him and save him from himself. I always suspected it was planned by the same Republicans, that Ford would be appointed, since Agnew was already in Jail, to pardon Nixon of all crimes, as the fix was in. He would be removed from office, but would not go to jail. Not much integrity left. Good possibility we will vote trump out of office and he very well may face trial on his crimes. Could go all the way to the Supreme Court, so the fix may very well be in.

Nice rewrite of history, but it is well regarded that his complicity in the Watergate break-in and the smoking gun tapes were what brought down Nixon. He was indeed guilty of a great many things, unproven in court or impeachment. Republicans had enough integrity to work together across the aisle and some of them told Nixon they could not stand with him and save him from himself. I always suspected it was planned by the same Republicans, that Ford would be appointed, since Agnew was already in Jail, to pardon Nixon of all crimes, as the fix was in. He would be removed from office, but would not go to jail. Not much integrity left. Good possibility we will vote trump out of office and he very well may face trial on his crimes. Could go all the way to the Supreme Court, so the fix may very well be in.

Rewrite? I'm a history major, White...Nixon's complicity in the Watergate cover-up was what prompted him to try and use the IRS against his political enemies. For Republicans in the Congress that was the last straw. When they learned what it was that Nixon had attempted to do, GOP leadership visited Nixon at the White House and told him it was time to step down or he would be impeached.

What's ironic about the Watergate scandal is that Nixon's paranoia about what the DNC was doing most likely stemmed from how John F. Kennedy stole the election from him in 1960. In trying to prevent that from happening again...Nixon actually got himself kicked out of office.

As for Republicans showing "integrity"? The Commissioner of the IRS was a Republican. He wouldn't go along with Nixon. The leadership of the Republicans in Congress were the ones who told Nixon he had to go! So how many Democratic leaders told Barry that he needed to go after Obama used the IRS against conservative groups or used the FISA Courts against his political opposition?

I'm still amused that you on the left believe Trump has committed "crimes" that he'll need to be punished for after he leaves office! Will we ever be shown some proof of what those "crimes" are? You know...like Hunter Biden's emails?

Rewrite? I'm a history major, White...Nixon's complicity in the Watergate cover-up was what prompted him to try and use the IRS against his political enemies. For Republicans in the Congress that was the last straw. When they learned what it was that Nixon had attempted to do, GOP leadership visited Nixon at the White House and told him it was time to step down or he would be impeached.

What's ironic about the Watergate scandal is that Nixon's paranoia about what the DNC was doing most likely stemmed from how John F. Kennedy stole the election from him in 1960. In trying to prevent that from happening again...Nixon actually got himself kicked out of office.

As for Republicans showing "integrity"? The Commissioner of the IRS was a Republican. He wouldn't go along with Nixon. The leadership of the Republicans in Congress were the ones who told Nixon he had to go! So how many Democratic leaders told Barry that he needed to go after Obama used the IRS against conservative groups or used the FISA Courts against his political opposition?
About the same number of Republicans that told trump he had to go. Very interesting, the viewpoint of a history major. I remembered the enemies lists and was aware of attempted use of the of the IRS to go after enemies. Was very aware it was leading republicans that told him they would not back him at that he would be impeached. And figured Ford was planned to be appointed, specifically to pardon him, and take the fall from political power afterward. Did not have awareness that it stemmed for John F Kennedy supposedly steeling the election from Nixon in 1960. Of course, I was only 6 years old at the time of the Kennedy election. Impeachment never came up against Barack Obama. If trump loses, do you think he will resign, and Pence will pardon, sealing his own political power fate?

About the same number of Republicans that told trump he had to go. Very interesting, the viewpoint of a history major. I remembered the enemies lists and was aware of attempted use of the of the IRS to go after enemies. Was very aware it was leading republicans that told him they would not back him at that he would be impeached. And figured Ford was planned to be appointed, specifically to pardon him, and take the fall from political power afterward. Did not have awareness that it stemmed for John F Kennedy supposedly steeling the election from Nixon in 1960. Of course, I was only 6 years old at the time of the Kennedy election. Impeachment never came up against Barack Obama. If trump loses, do you think he will resign, and Pence will pardon, sealing his own political power fate?
If Trump loses then he'll leave office like any other President. He's committed no crimes. Claims that he has are quite frankly ridiculous and politically partisan.

As for why Ford was made Vice President? He was viewed by both sides of the aisle as someone that could heal a nation that was tired of the ugliness of the Watergate hearings. The nation wanted to put Watergate behind them and move on. Most felt that Nixon's real punishment was losing the Presidency and that was punishment enough. Did Ford "take the fall" for pardoning Nixon? I don't think he really needed to be President...Gerald Ford was never an ambitious politician. He had a role to play and he carried out that role. The Nation reacted to Watergate by electing Jimmy Carter...a Washington outsider viewed as a "good man" by the electorate. Four years later the nation decided that simply being a "good man" wasn't what was needed when the Carter Administration bumbled it's way along.

... I don't know how else you define it other than he was removed from office.

Then you don't understand the English language very well. He quit, resigned, retired, stepped down, bowed out, called it a day.

New Topics

Forum List

Back