Internet Explorer 7

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
For the first time since 2001, Microsoft has released a new web browser: IE7. I installed it last night and indeed it is a big improvement, especially the use of tabs so that you can open multiple websites without having to open new windows. For example, If you click on Google news, and see an article that might be good for discussion on USMB, instead of opening a new window to get to the USMB website, just press and hold the control key while clicking on the USMB link. Then IE7 creates a new tab within the same window that is the USMB website. To change the focus of the window to USMB, just click on the tab, which is at the top of the window. When you get to the USMB page that allows the creation of a new thread, and are ready to copy and paste the news article, just click on the news article's tab, copy, click on the USMB tab, and paste. You can easily do this without the fuss and clutter of having to open multiple windows, as in IE6. Its a much easier process, even though it was probably tiresome for you to read about it. Anyway, there are other new IE7 features that are useful. During setup, for example, you can choose your default search engine and, as in my case, a Google search box for text insertion appears in the upper right corner of every page. My friends have told me that the Firefox web browser has some of the new IE7 features available for quite awhile. So those of you that use Firefox will be less impressed with IE7. I never switched from IE6 to Firefox, so IE7 seems cool to me: simpler and easier than IE6. If you want to try it, there's a link on this page: http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2006/10/16/daily28.html BTW, it was way easier to copy and paste that link using IE7 compared to IE6.
-

Big improvement, but still a long way to go. Still lots of security problems.

I liked IE6 much better and I wish I never upgraded. I should say degraded, instead. The buttons on IE7 are all over the place, on IE6, they were all together. It also seems to hang up for no reason.I turned off the tabbing feature because that didn't seem to work very well. If often find myself using Mozilla Firefox.

I liked IE6 much better and I wish I never upgraded. I should say degraded, instead. The buttons on IE7 are all over the place, on IE6, they were all together. It also seems to hang up for no reason.I turned off the tabbing feature because that didn't seem to work very well. If often find myself using Mozilla Firefox.

I agree. I tried IE7 for 2 days and gave up. Went into add and remove programs and removed it and went back to IE6.

I agree. I tried IE7 for 2 days and gave up. Went into add and remove programs and removed it and went back to IE6.

Problem with IE6 is it's terrible CSS and PNGs support. I've been using IE7 for a few months without much problem.

I like Mozilla Firefox better than IE. But IE 7 is better than 6. It can work as an RSS Feed, etc. There are many good points of IE7.

Forum List

Back