International Tribunals-Help or Hurt?

Interesting. But basing the idea of 'should they' on a reality where IntNatTribunals (INT) are hamstrung by certain governments is tough.

Seems, if all nations are signed on and obligated - INT would be great.
But if it is weaker than some singular nations, and more effective over here, than over there, then no good.

Like the UN it seems, if everybody agreed it was the authority, it would be. But until that happens, most nations interest in heeding it is inversely proportional to their military strength. Much like a INT would be treated.

Interesting. But basing the idea of 'should they' on a reality where IntNatTribunals (INT) are hamstrung by certain governments is tough.

Seems, if all nations are signed on and obligated - INT would be great.
But if it is weaker than some singular nations, and more effective over here, than over there, then no good.

Like the UN it seems, if everybody agreed it was the authority, it would be. But until that happens, most nations interest in heeding it is inversely proportional to their military strength. Much like a INT would be treated.

Hasn't worked like that for Africa, but what the heh, the very idea sounds so great.

Hasn't worked like that for Africa, but what the heh, the very idea sounds so great.

Africa has a few other issues to deal with besides 'tribunal respecting'.
Change may have to come from the most powerful nations first, maybe set some sort of standard, assist the rest to apply it.

Africa has a few other issues to deal with besides 'tribunal respecting'.
Change may have to come from the most powerful nations first, maybe set some sort of standard, assist the rest to apply it.

You didn't read the study? :cool:

I read the abstract, and clicked the first link but it sent me to a weird page with contact info, then the link there sent me to the H. Law homepage.

Post me a link... si vous plait

Click on the pdf-NY CHG, others

I only read some of it, skimmed some, etc. It seems they think the world isn't set up to make proper use of these tribunals, that without mechanisms in place to afford them power to enforce laws and deter violations EVERYWHERE, they really have to teeth. I could be way off, but that was what I got out of it. I don't disagree.

btw - I downloaded a PDF, hope we read the same piece!

Forum List

Back