International A Beloved Singer Dragged Into Lebanon's Divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Imagine if Mrs. Sherri ever met this singer. Why they would be the best of friends.

International A Beloved Singer Dragged Into Lebanon's Divisions
BEIRUT December 31, 2013 (AP)

By BASSEM MROUE Associated Press

Through decades of conflict, there has been one thing all Lebanese could agree on, their adoration of the country's iconic singer Fairouz, who stood unquestioned above the fray with her anthems to Lebanon and Palestine and songs of love.

Now the 78-singer has been dragged into the thick of the country's bitter political and sectarian divisions after her son said in an interview that she loves the leader of Hezbollah, sparking an uproar among opponents of the Shiite guerrilla group.

Continue reading at:

A Beloved Singer Dragged Into Lebanon's Divisions - ABC News

US posters don't understand how beloved singers like Fairouz or Sabah are in the middle east.

US posters don't understand how beloved singers like Fairouz or Sabah are in the middle east.

Even people who have left the Middle East. I have a famous singer from Iran as a neighbor, and when I mention him to an ex Iranian they know all about him and are happy that he is here living in the neighborhood.

Even people who have left the Middle East. I have a famous singer from Iran as a neighbor, and when I mention him to an ex Iranian they know all about him and are happy that he is here living in the neighborhood.

Fairouz had a sold out concert in Vegas a few years back.

Thread closed. Call out/baiting threads belong in Badlands or Flamezone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back