Interesting

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I tried to post a link to a news story to highlight what I believe is a trend by the press( in regards the war on terror and specifically the Iraq war) and have discovered I must make 15 posts before I can link anything on this board. I wonder why that is? ( I am assuming to prevent one time drive by adds for sites or boards, etc etc)

Ohh well I guess my choices are to make meaningless posts, reply to threads already started and hope no one "requests" proof of what ever I claim, or just find threads I can respond to agreeing with what ever was said, till I hit the magic 15 posts.

I don't see a forum for just general information, and don't want to post inappropriately in the wrong forums.

I tried to post a link to a news story to highlight what I believe is a trend by the press( in regards the war on terror and specifically the Iraq war) and have discovered I must make 15 posts before I can link anything on this board. I wonder why that is? ( I am assuming to prevent one time drive by adds for sites or boards, etc etc)

Ohh well I guess my choices are to make meaningless posts, reply to threads already started and hope no one "requests" proof of what ever I claim, or just find threads I can respond to agreeing with what ever was said, till I hit the magic 15 posts.

I don't see a forum for just general information, and don't want to post inappropriately in the wrong forums.

If you post something, I'll be glad to post the link.

It's to prevent spammers from signing up on the board and spamming links to elsewhere. Just consider your 16th post as popping your cherry!

Hey wait a minute...you mean we now have two Gunny's on the board and both are reasonable conservatives. Maybe the Marine Corps has a secret cloning program going on.

Hey wait a minute...you mean we now have two Gunny's on the board and both are reasonable conservatives. Maybe the Marine Corps has a secret cloning program going on.

There is that possibility...personally, I think it's a Marine Corps conspiracy.

There is that possibility...personally, I think it's a Marine Corps conspiracy.
Maybe you're right. If there really were a cloning program they would have made it so that Marines could shoot straight and hold their liquor. :badgrin:

Maybe you're right. If there really were a cloning program they would have made it so that Marines could shoot straight and hold their liquor. :badgrin:

I dunno about the "shoot straight" part, but you are probably correct about the "hold their liquor" part.

There are liberals in the Marine Corps. Though my personal experience was that the majority were college educated officers that served in non combat support roles.

The Marine Corps generally teaches one responsibility, for self and for others. My personal opinion is that most Liberals have very little knowledge of responsibility past what THEY want. As a Marine leader one must take care of their subordinates BUT also must support and take care of their seniors. This can lead to either a general conservative or a general liberal bent, depending on what one learns in that role.

Officers tend to be more insulated from the day to day "taking care" of subordinates role, they usually have a layer or several of others to do that for them. My personal opinion is that this insulation can foster the generally foolish notion of Liberals that they can coddle and provide for others to be irresponsible, it fosters the belief that one can be above the rules they impose on others " for their own good".

SNCO's generally deal on a daily basis with subordinates. While you must take care of the troops you cant usually afford to "carry" someone unable, unwilling and incapable of doing whats required, following orders and being productive. Liberals do this in politics as a means to a power base. Insulated from the results of their actions. At the SNCO level you have to teach those Subordinates to be productive, to be responsible and they have to be held accountable for their actions. One bad marine can cause a world of hurt for a LOT of Marines.

Thus my personal belief is that most Marines that are successful and especially those that serve for extended periods of time tend to be moderate to Conservative.

There are liberals in the Marine Corps. Though my personal experience was that the majority were college educated officers that served in non combat support roles.

The Marine Corps generally teaches one responsibility, for self and for others. My personal opinion is that most Liberals have very little knowledge of responsibility past what THEY want. As a Marine leader one must take care of their subordinates BUT also must support and take care of their seniors. This can lead to either a general conservative or a general liberal bent, depending on what one learns in that role.

Officers tend to be more insulated from the day to day "taking care" of subordinates role, they usually have a layer or several of others to do that for them. My personal opinion is that this insulation can foster the generally foolish notion of Liberals that they can coddle and provide for others to be irresponsible, it fosters the belief that one can be above the rules they impose on others " for their own good".

SNCO's generally deal on a daily basis with subordinates. While you must take care of the troops you cant usually afford to "carry" someone unable, unwilling and incapable of doing whats required, following orders and being productive. Liberals do this in politics as a means to a power base. Insulated from the results of their actions. At the SNCO level you have to teach those Subordinates to be productive, to be responsible and they have to be held accountable for their actions. One bad marine can cause a world of hurt for a LOT of Marines.

Thus my personal belief is that most Marines that are successful and especially those that serve for extended periods of time tend to be moderate to Conservative.

Very very well said!

OMG! TWO GUNNY'S!!! :shock:

Lord help us...

:razz:

Post your article, let me know what the link is, and I'll post it for you.

How can I hold my liquor with Army dogs making me spew it all over the screen with comments like THIS?

The only time y'all see the 500 meter line in driving past it to get down to the 200.

How can I hold my liquor with Army dogs making me spew it all over the screen with comments like THIS?

The only time y'all see the 500 meter line in driving past it to get down to the 200.

That's why we have lots of artillery!

Forum List

Back