Interesting to compare NFL treatment of Tebow vs. Capernick and compared media outrage

I am a Gator fan as as big of a Tebow fan as you can be (my dog's name is Tebow). I think he's the greatest college QB to play the game.

He caught lightning in a bottle that year with Denver, and in a perfect storm was able to lead one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL with two top flight all pro caliber wideouts. That was pure awesome for me, even if it was 50 minutes of ineptitude followed by a couple great plays to pull out a win IF the defense was playing dominantly.

In NY he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy in practice.

In New England he was unable to beat out Ryan Mallett, and couldn't even complete 40% of his passes in New England with an offensive coach in Josh McDaniels who had everything to prove that he was right in picking Tebow up.

In Philly, he was unable to beat out Matt Barkley for a roster spot.

If you can't beat out backup QB's on NFL rosters, you don't last long in the NFL.

He was given 3 chances after Denver cut him loose.

Tim Tebow wasn't allowed to start in the NFL because of his Christian values.

Let the outrage over the injustice begin!!!

We know the real reason...don't we?

CK turned down $900k/year to be a backup.

Isn't he evil because he is rich?

Tebow wasn't allowed to start "because he was a Christian?"

lolololol

That's hilarious!

It's either that or his 47% completion rate.
I think he was the inspiration for Stevie Ray Vaughn's "the sky is crying." (joking)

Yeah, the Left/Democrat open hatred for Tebow was so over-the top. I'm sure if he were a Muslim, they would have done everything possible to placate him. The Left has always had a weird obsession with hating Christians. There's no doubt they targeted Tebow.

I'll never get the Left's open hostility towards Christianity, as opposed to their consistent praise and defense of Islam. It seems like some sort of mental defect. They're indoctrinated on hating Christians specifically. It's so bizarre.

You won't find a more religious player than Reggie White who starred for the Eagles and Packers. Reggie was even an ordained Minister

The press loved him, he demanded a huge salary and made the HOF

Maybe talent has more to do with it than your religion

Nah, there was lots of open hostility towards Tebow from y'all on the Left. And it had nothing to do with Football. Like i said, if he were a Muslim, y'all would have treated him much differently. I'll never get your irrational hatred of Christians. So bizarre.

Traditionally the Democrat Bigots have had a fanatical hatred for Christians and they adore anti-American creeps like Kaepernick

Boycott the NFL games until they stop showing the anti-American national anthem protesters taking a knee.
They are attention whores, so just stop showing them on TV.
The Dumb Liberal Bigots ruin everything.

Tebow never did anything except win and thank God for his talents. If he had beat women and used drugs he would probably still be a starting quarterback in the NFL. We live in a sick society.

Tebow never did anything except win and thank God for his talents. If he had beat women and used drugs he would probably still be a starting quarterback in the NFL. We live in a sick society.

Spot On take. Thanks.

I am a Gator fan as as big of a Tebow fan as you can be (my dog's name is Tebow). I think he's the greatest college QB to play the game.

He caught lightning in a bottle that year with Denver, and in a perfect storm was able to lead one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL with two top flight all pro caliber wideouts. That was pure awesome for me, even if it was 50 minutes of ineptitude followed by a couple great plays to pull out a win IF the defense was playing dominantly.

In New England he was unable to beat out Ryan Mallett, and couldn't even complete 40% of his passes in New England with an offensive coach in Josh McDaniels who had everything to prove that he was right in picking Tebow up.

If you can't beat out backup QB's on NFL rosters, you don't last long in the NFL.

Here's your mistake: You are using "facts." Here, this does you no good. At this place, what matters is partisan tribalism. You must adhere to loyalty to the clan, regardless of whether you are correct or not.

The partisan ideologues in this thread are convinced that everyone on earth is discriminating against Christians. Never mind that their sporting idol had the worst completion percentage of any qb in the NFL, had the throwing mechanics of a lego character, and couldn't make it with four different teams.

No, their messianic devotion is not the issue. It's their anti-empirical conspiratorial persecution complex that has convinced them that a lousy qb did not get a fair shake over five years of trying because everyone else hates Christians.

:thup:

Yeah, the Left/Democrat open hatred for Tebow was so over-the top. I'm sure if he were a Muslim, they would have done everything possible to placate him. The Left has always had a weird obsession with hating Christians. There's no doubt they targeted Tebow.

I'll never get the Left's open hostility towards Christianity, as opposed to their consistent praise and defense of Islam. It seems like some sort of mental defect. They're indoctrinated on hating Christians specifically. It's so bizarre.

You won't find a more religious player than Reggie White who starred for the Eagles and Packers. Reggie was even an ordained Minister

The press loved him, he demanded a huge salary and made the HOF

Maybe talent has more to do with it than your religion

Nah, there was lots of open hostility towards Tebow from y'all on the Left. And it had nothing to do with Football. Like i said, if he were a Muslim, y'all would have treated him much differently. I'll never get your irrational hatred of Christians. So bizarre.

Why Tebow and not Reggie White?

Reggie was as big a bible thumper as Tebow and was an ordained minister

Maybe the hostility towards Tebow was because he got more attention than his talent was worth

Wife beaters and drug addicts get banned from the NFL
Why did Tebow get so many more chances than Ray Rice?

Neither are in the NFL because they are not good enough for the circus they bring to town with them!

Neither are in the NFL because they are not good enough for the circus they bring to town with them!

Probably true

Kaepernick was effective in the offense that SF had set up for him. Was within a yard of winning the Super Bowl. But teams figured out how to contain him and he was no longer a top QB

Kaepernick is free to protest all he wants. But if you protest on your employers dime, you can expect to pay a price. Ultimately, football players are entertainers. If the public is not entertained by your antics, you will not be kept around. Especially if your skills aren't what they used to be

Exactly, so anyone who didn't whine about Tebow shouldn't be whining about Capernick.

It's not about race.

Here's your mistake: You are using "facts." Here, this does you no good. At this place, what matters is partisan tribalism. You must adhere to loyalty to the clan, regardless of whether you are correct or not.

The partisan ideologues in this thread are convinced that everyone on earth is discriminating against Christians. Never mind that their sporting idol had the worst completion percentage of any qb in the NFL, had the throwing mechanics of a lego character, and couldn't make it with four different teams.

No, their messianic devotion is not the issue. It's their anti-empirical conspiratorial persecution complex that has convinced them that a lousy qb did not get a fair shake over five years of trying because everyone else hates Christians.

:thup:

the bottom line here is that no team was sufficiently impressed with either of them to keep them a team, and that's as it should be

Football is the ultimate team sport. It should be apolitical. Football teams are private employers with standards and traditions that they expect their employees to adhere. Stand for the National Anthem, wear the required uniform. Kaepernick is free as anyone to take to the press and any other medium to voice how he feels but he is not free to be entitled to a position on a football team and ignoring standards and rules. Now, there may be a team or two willing to bend and make that happen for him but he is not entitled to it nor should teams and the league be pressured into giving it to him.

Forum List

Back