Interesting perspective on Police brutality and lack of punishment for bad cops...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I can't link it because it was said on TV...
One of the biggest hurdles in controlling police brutality is a lack of discipline in the ranks. Police departments have some of the strongest unions in the nation. They set up conditions where a cop can literally have one complaint every single month and still remain a cop. With no discipline for those complaints.
The police unions protect cops from their behavior. You want to end police brutality, you have to weaken the unions that protect it.

It was said on TV and you don't provide a channel, program name, or speaker

What the fuck is this?

And you don't need to weaken the unions, you can just ignore them. Most of what protects them is done through legislation and legal precedent.

The unions try to keep those two things in line and have some leverage over executives like mayors. But they have nothing on a legislature can be ignored.

Put an obligation to report eachother into state laws and increase civil and criminal liability on cops. That's how you fix this

One of the biggest hurdles in controlling police brutality is a lack of discipline in the ranks. Police departments have some of the strongest unions in the nation. They set up conditions where a cop can literally have one complaint every single month and still remain a cop. With no discipline for those complaints.
The police unions protect cops from their behavior. You want to end police brutality, you have to weaken the unions that protect it.

OR expect the pieces of shit among us to be law abiding and to respect law and order....Think cause and effect

Doesn't sound all that easy considering cops going on strike seems pretty unpleasant. I personally don't think there's an easy solution. It's too many factors for that. It's about recruitment, it's about training, it's about unions, it's about systemic racism that does exist. The starting point should be at least acknowledging law enforcement in the US has a problem.

Doesn't sound all that easy considering cops going on strike seems pretty unpleasant. I personally don't think there's an easy solution. It's too many factors for that. It's about recruitment, it's about training, it's about unions, it's about systemic racism that does exist. The starting point should be at least acknowledging law enforcement in the US has a problem.

Unpleasant for executives, but executives don't set legal precedent or legislate. Mayors and governors can't fix this they only micro manage.

It requires legsilation and a change in the way our courts view police

Good answer.
Not saying Unions are the one and only fault here...obviously not.
But it is important to keep that fact in mind.
If you have a union agreement, which keep in mind folks -( labor agreements are bound by law as long as they themselves don't break a law.) and that agreement includes provisions that an officer can literally have up to 12 complaints a year before receiving punishment... holy shit... no wonder we have these problems!!

Unpleasant for executives, but executives don't set legal precedent or legislate. Mayors and governors can't fix this they only micro manage.

As I said just like there is no one reason for it there is no one solution either.

Good answer.
If you have a union agreement, which keep in mind folks -( labor agreements are bound by law as long as they themselves don't break a law.) and that agreement includes provisions that an officer can literally have up to 12 complaints a year before receiving punishment... holy shit... no wonder we have these problems!!
You'll get no argument from me.

As I said just like there is no one reason for it there is no one solution either.

Those are teh solutions, there aren't infinite solutions

Or whatever bullshit you were talking about from a mayor

Just increase liability and they will conform or be jailed/sued for doing most of the fucked up shit they openly get away with now. That simple

All comes down to increasing police liability

Good answer.
"complaints"...hahaha..WTF
Doesn't lawless ShaQuita and DaShawn "complain" about every interaction with police? Don't they hate personal accountability? It's always the PoPo's fault...isn't it?

The push is on hard this evening. All over this board, all over Twitter and in every corner of the liberal media they are suddenly claiming white people are rioting. Later in the evening it had shifted To the claim that it’s cops rioting all over the country.
By tomorrow they will be claiming Trump and Pence are running through cities looting stores.

One solution is for the people themselves to take back their authority. Strip DAs and others from deciding what goes before a jury to be weighed, and measured by the public that these so called servants serve. For instance... Anytime an altercation between to people results in a death; make it mandatory that a jury decide whether or not said incident requires punishment. Remove the “blocker” and and take back the authority in a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. Quit being lazy, and acquiescing to the mantra that the layman is too dumb to decide for himself. Shirking our responsibilities, and allowing others to decide for us is what got us here. And it’s only going to get worse with each bit of authority we surrender.

Just increase liability and they will conform or be jailed/sued for doing most of the fucked up shit they openly get away with now. That simple

You can legislate all you want but I can imagine that for a cop in a major city who notices that most crimes are committed by black people pretty soon he'll start reacting differently to them. That's human nature. And I know perfectly well it's a function of economics and not of race. But I have the luxury of sitting behind a computer and looking in from the outside. I don't live that situation on a daily basis.

You have to increase liability, on the other hand, realize that by making it easier to sue it also becomes easier to make a frivolous complaint stick. It's not the only route. As I said better recruitment policies and more importantly better training with less emphasis on the repression part of the job.

One solution is for the people themselves to take back their authority. Strip DAs and others from deciding what goes before a jury to be weighed, and measured by the public that these so called servants serve. For instance... Anytime an altercation between to people results in a death; make it mandatory that a jury decide whether or not said incident requires punishment. Remove the “blocker” and and take back the authority in a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. Quit being lazy, and acquiescing to the mantra that the layman is too dumb to decide for himself. Shirking our responsibilities, and allowing others to decide for us is what got us here. And it’s only going to get worse with each bit of authority we surrender.

This is the complaint against the managerial technocracy. Rule by experts has gotten us here. That and expecting the federal government to rule us wisely from afar rather than us ruling ourselves.
Minneapolis Democrats hired a bad cop...and Trump got the blame? Well this gets the mayor and city council and police Chief off.

You can legislate all you want but I can imagine that for a cop in a major city who notices that most crimes are committed by black people pretty soon he'll start reacting differently to them. That's human nature. And I know perfectly well it's a function of economics and not of race. But I have the luxury of sitting behind a computer and looking in from the outside. I don't live that situation on a daily basis.

You have to increase liability, on the other hand, realize that by making it easier to sue it also becomes easier to make a frivolous complaint stick. It's not the only route. As I said better recruitment policies and more importantly better training with less emphasis on the repression part of the job.
Where I disagree is the repetitive insistence on more responsibility on the government, and its agents, and less on the free man in the street. How bout we pop the titty out the soy boys mouths, and send momma back to the kitchen till we’ve tried to handle our own shit first..?

That's fine, as long as the liability changes it will be much better

The perfect isn't the enemy of the good.

And as long as they stick to violent black guys I think we can all live with taht. The problem becomes stop and frisk and fucking with any old mother fucker on the street. Well with liability increases I can sue officer fuckwit for being a prick for no reason.

Where at present police are basically immune from any personal liability civil or criminal unless they just lose their minds

It will force an accuracy american police lack especially in poor black communities

We seem to be constantly screeched at that there is systemic racism. If there is, its to degree in all of this nation and not heavy. A lot of things to us all is perception. The media very rarely tells us the color of black criminals but we see them on the screen if arrested or in a pack. People not black who live in adjoining neighborhoods or in the same neighborhood that is changing know the issues, the threats and safety problems. It does not make on rosy and want to make a musical film. None of this is ever reported by the media. The people leave for a reason. And yes, some leave because they do not have a high opinion of black people. But then again, there are black people who do not have a high opinion of white people. Any white person, who is a left leaning or Prog that leaves an area like this for reasons I typed, is a fraud. And will turn on black people when the time comes when things are not so good for them to save their own necks. Most will. I just typed a side that is not reported and people are wary. They have a right to be. They see the news everyday. The same thing. They know people in their neighborhood attacked or maybe killed. Homes robbed. People robbed on the street. How about a cease and desist as part of a social peace with each other. It only takes a criminal element percentage. And unfortunately there is a percentage in the black community who are just that. And protected by others who make the problem worse. I know. People want a half decent life. But who does a person of any background protect? White or black? Their own who is a criminal. Or another background who lives with civility like they do.

Where I disagree is the repetitive insistence on more responsibility on the government, and its agents, and less on the free man in the street. How bout we pop the titty out the soy boys mouths, and send momma back to the kitchen till we’ve tried to handle our own shit first..?
Who said anything about less responsibility for the man in the street? In case you didn't notice I didn't pussyfoot around the fact the there's a very understandable if misguided reason for cops reacting differently to black people. But if the US ranks between Mexico and Bangladesh in terms of killings by cops some retrospective analysis of the actions including that of the government is in order IMO. List of killings by law enforcement officers by country - Wikipedia

Last edited:

That's fine, as long as the liability changes it will be much better

The perfect isn't the enemy of the good.

And as long as they stick to violent black guys I think we can all live with taht. The problem becomes stop and frisk and fucking with any old mother fucker on the street. Well with liability increases I can sue officer fuckwit for being a prick for no reason.

Where at present police are basically immune from any personal liability civil or criminal unless they just lose their minds

It will force an accuracy american police lack especially in poor black communities
As I said I'm not against the idea. I just wanted to point out that there's a trade off there.

Forum List

Back